Toy Story 3 DVD/Blu-Ray

I think I’ll be getting the dvd. Don’t have anything in the house that can play Blu-Rays, so it would kinda be a waste of money for me.

Any chance there might be a trilogy boxed set?

I hope so! I don’t have the TS1 or 2, so it’d be great to kill 3 birds with one stone!

I have the 10th anniversary Toy Story, but I want a set. /i have no interest in TS3 by itself.

The blu ray combo packs come with dvd versions. it would be a good idea to get that and future proof yourself for when you do get a player.

Stroll on November :smiley:
I’ll be getting the blu-ray version. Have the blu 1&2 pack and the quality is amazing compared to the DVDs. I also heard a rumor that Toy Story 3 will also be released as 3d Blu ray? Can’t remember where I saw it though

Bonus: The Gang’s All Here, Toys! Epilogue

Is that our new short film? I can only hope…

No, it’s just the epilogue in full frame.

Oh. Are we actually getting a new short?

Not until cars 2 that we know of.

Awesome! I pre ordered my copy already. :slight_smile:

I can live with the cover art. It’s not a big deal to me, even though I wish it was a little different. What I really care about is the movie and it’s contents. By the looks of the extras and movie itself, it’ll be worth the money. <3

I absolutely hate when they put so many more features exclusive to Bluray. It’s like punishing those who can’t afford a Bluray player/re-buying an entire movie collection.

I get that the discs are so much bigger, but to have double the features, is just saying “if you want the bonuses, buy Bluray”, which is of course exactly what they want. It just sucks that I can’t get the commentaries and what not unless a low quality version is put on Youtube, for something I have no control over.

And i’ll quit ranting now…

Anyway, I really like the Bluray cover art a lot more than the DVD. I liked the Box version from the theatrical, where they all look shocked/surprised, but it kinda looks strange the way the cover is. Of course, regardless, and for reasons mentioned earlier, I’ll still have to buy the DVD because the movie is amazing.

Two Pixar traditions will be broken this year:

1. The teaser trailer for the next movie will not be shown until the Home Release of the current movie.
  2. No short related to the current movie will be shown with the Home Release.

Of course, both of these things could still possibly change before November 2, but still, I’m a bit disappointed. It’s ok though, I guess Pixar has spoiled me too much and now I have become a spoiled brat lol But I’m grateful, and as long as their tradition of making good movies never ends, I think I’ll be fine with a few traditions being broken every now and then :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha, I agree. Now, THAT would be a great DVD cover.

Apparently in Australia the DVD/ Blu-ray comes out on November the 17th.
[url]http://pixaraustralia.blogspot.com/2010/07/toy-story-3-blu-ray-dvd-due-for.html[/url]

I’m dissapointed as well. I’ve enjoyed both of those features on the past few DVDs!

Dont count the short out yet guys, if my memory is correct (and it very well may not be) there have been pixar dvds whos short was not in the initial press release. a lot of times things get added (and taken away) leading up to the final release. I still say it could go either way right now. come late October if we don’t hear anything then yeah we probably wont get one.

They might see the one that’ll be on Cars 2 as enough though. like, maybe that’s what was originally going to be in the blu ray, until they decided it really ought to be seen in theaters. Just a thought.

Trilogy set is up for preorder in Canada.
blu-ray.com/movies/Toy-Story … ray/14852/

The information on Amazon worries me. I was planning on getting the 2-disc Blu-ray since it’s cheaper and I probably wouldn’t even watch the DVD copy, but it says the aspect ratio for it is 2.35:1. Uh, wasn’t Toy Story 3 animated in 1.85:1? They’d have to do some heavy cropping on the top and bottom to get it to be 2.35:1… Did Amazon made a mistake, or are they usually accurate with their info?

No Finding Nemo didn’t have one.