Toy Story 3 Soundtrack

Yeah, I’m with kevintee on this one. I’m probably not going to buy the soundtrack at all, but if I do want it I’ll be paying for my copy because not doing so is exactly why there’s sadly no physical CD being released.

I’m sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one, lizardgirl. Whether someone would pirate a soundtrack or not has nothing to do with the fact that there isn’t a physical CD copy available. In fact, it’s quite almost the opposite. A physical CD promotes the buying of the music, as it provides the consumer with added incentives (be it the sylish cover album art, carrying case, or even just the physical hard copy itself). By not providing this service, there reducing these incentives for their consumers, just so they themselves can save money. That’s why many bands actually allow free downloading on their websites, yet still provide the services of CDs with bonus material. 1
Even if downloading music is illegal, and I’m not saying it isn’t, my point is why should one care about it. Such trivial ordinances are equitable to that New York law of “No window-side sock puppet shows”. Just because one download or upload music doesn’t make it unethical. Libraries and video stores (neither of which pay per rental either) also hurt revenue sales, but no one questions them. 2
My point is not to argue that music downloading isn’t illegal, just that why should one bother to care about something as something as pointless as this. I’m not hurting PIXAR or Disney, or even Randy Newman when I upload music. True, I am reducing the revenue sales, but it’s to differing degrees. Besides, I paid for the soundtrack so I should be given the free right of doing whatever I want with it.

Anyways, I’m not stopping any of you from buying the soundtrack. I’m just offering it for free to anyone who wants it.

I just got done listening to the soundtrack, it’s amazing. I have to admit I was just as close to crying while listening to So Long as I was during the scene in the movie. And also, I really liked We Belong Together!

I fail to see the connection between illegal downloads (which suck, btw.) and the lack of a physical CD.

As far as I’m concerned, Disney is losing money by not providing a physical CD.
I’m not buying the soundtrack because it is not available in full CD quality (same as the one for Up and probably at this rate any future Pixar film), but I’m also not going to grab it for free via bittorrent or something.

Hey, Disney, bandwidth is cheap these days, please give us at least lossless downloads.

Ok, ok. What if we step aside from the piracy discussion? Let’s talk about the musical aspects of the soundtrack :slight_smile:

I bought Track 16 “So Long” off of itunes a few days ago. It’s really beautiful, Randy Newman at his best! The music has so much emotion, and is really powerful. i think the music was one reason I cried during that ending scene!

Yes, that track is really nostalgic. Which is ironic, because it mostly features new themes.

I wish they could’ve found a way to reprise YGAFIM at the very end of the track. I love it anyway. I put it on loop all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually listening to the soundtrack right now. I’ve really gotten kind of addicted to it lately, and I usually listen to at least a track or two every day it seems. Just fantastic. Admittedly, there are a couple of themes from the first two movies that I wish were represented here, but overall, it’s a fantastic and nostalgic soundtrack. Pixar has been on a roll with great soundtracks lately, it seems.

There isn’t a Pixar soundtrack I don’t like! And Toy Story 3 is probably in my top 5 Pixar soundtracks. It’s my third favorite Randy Newman soundtrack (After Princess and the Frog and Cars)

My favorite would have to be 10: You Got Lucky; not just because it was the song that introduced me to Chuckles, but it is so incredibly sad that it puts a sinister mood over the film all the way until the end.

That’s exactly how I am! I keep humming We Belong Toghether and I’m trying to learn So Long on violin.

It actually has a hint of the YGAFIM theme, but it isn’t at the very end. It starts at 1:49.

does any one know what song is played in the toy story trailer when the toys are being played with in the day care?..

I just bought the soundtrack right now, and it is simply amazing. It’s the perfect blend of happy, sad, scary, and thrilling.

Sorry for bringing this back, but there is/was a CD soundtrack for TS3. It’s sold out from this site in Japan. It sold for 2500yen or about $30. The title is TOYSTORY3/Original Sound Track CD (PROMO CD) and it lists these songs:

1 We Belong Together Randy Newman 4:02
2 You’ve Got a Friend In Me (Para el Buzz Espanol) Gipsy Kings 2:14
3 Cowboy! Randy Newman 4:10
4 Garbage? Randy Newman 2:40
5 Sunnyside Randy Newman 2:20
6 Woody Bails Randy Newman 4:40
7 Come to Papa Randy Newman 2:05
8 Go See Lotso Randy Newman 3:36
9 Bad Buzz Randy Newman 2:21
10 You Got Lucky Randy Newman 5:58
11 Spanish Buzz Randy Newman 3:31
12 What About Daisy? Randy Newman 2:07
13 To the Dump Randy Newman 3:50
14 The Claw Randy Newman 3:56
15 Going Home Randy Newman 3:22
16 So Long Randy Newman 4:55
17 Zu-Zu (Ken’s Theme) Randy Newman 0:34

jbtoys.net/item.cgi?item_id= … ts3&page=1

Rey: Interesting…wonder where they’d sell something like that? Obviously it wasn’t a wide release.

Also, eagerly anticipating the Cast & Crew CD rip…

Bryko614, I’m guessing this site owner orders a lot of regular Walt Disney/Pixar goods and these TS3 promo’s were given exclusively. This site usually has hard to find stuff limited to 5 or less items I’ve noticed. I don’t know of anyplace that sells hard to find Pixar stuff other than jbtoys.net from Japan.

If we want a physical CD, why would any of us rip the Cast and Crew CD, or listen to it ripped? Wouldn’t it be easier to ask Pixar? :confused: Couldn’t we just petition Disney?

Well, most times, petitions don’t work.

Anyway, I don’t think we could get it ripped either. Who here’s a member of the cast and crew? 8D