Toy Story 3 Soundtrack

Ok, ok. What if we step aside from the piracy discussion? Let’s talk about the musical aspects of the soundtrack :slight_smile:

I bought Track 16 “So Long” off of itunes a few days ago. It’s really beautiful, Randy Newman at his best! The music has so much emotion, and is really powerful. i think the music was one reason I cried during that ending scene!

Yes, that track is really nostalgic. Which is ironic, because it mostly features new themes.

I wish they could’ve found a way to reprise YGAFIM at the very end of the track. I love it anyway. I put it on loop all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually listening to the soundtrack right now. I’ve really gotten kind of addicted to it lately, and I usually listen to at least a track or two every day it seems. Just fantastic. Admittedly, there are a couple of themes from the first two movies that I wish were represented here, but overall, it’s a fantastic and nostalgic soundtrack. Pixar has been on a roll with great soundtracks lately, it seems.

There isn’t a Pixar soundtrack I don’t like! And Toy Story 3 is probably in my top 5 Pixar soundtracks. It’s my third favorite Randy Newman soundtrack (After Princess and the Frog and Cars)

My favorite would have to be 10: You Got Lucky; not just because it was the song that introduced me to Chuckles, but it is so incredibly sad that it puts a sinister mood over the film all the way until the end.

That’s exactly how I am! I keep humming We Belong Toghether and I’m trying to learn So Long on violin.

It actually has a hint of the YGAFIM theme, but it isn’t at the very end. It starts at 1:49.

does any one know what song is played in the toy story trailer when the toys are being played with in the day care?..

I just bought the soundtrack right now, and it is simply amazing. It’s the perfect blend of happy, sad, scary, and thrilling.

Sorry for bringing this back, but there is/was a CD soundtrack for TS3. It’s sold out from this site in Japan. It sold for 2500yen or about $30. The title is TOYSTORY3/Original Sound Track CD (PROMO CD) and it lists these songs:

1 We Belong Together Randy Newman 4:02
2 You’ve Got a Friend In Me (Para el Buzz Espanol) Gipsy Kings 2:14
3 Cowboy! Randy Newman 4:10
4 Garbage? Randy Newman 2:40
5 Sunnyside Randy Newman 2:20
6 Woody Bails Randy Newman 4:40
7 Come to Papa Randy Newman 2:05
8 Go See Lotso Randy Newman 3:36
9 Bad Buzz Randy Newman 2:21
10 You Got Lucky Randy Newman 5:58
11 Spanish Buzz Randy Newman 3:31
12 What About Daisy? Randy Newman 2:07
13 To the Dump Randy Newman 3:50
14 The Claw Randy Newman 3:56
15 Going Home Randy Newman 3:22
16 So Long Randy Newman 4:55
17 Zu-Zu (Ken’s Theme) Randy Newman 0:34

jbtoys.net/item.cgi?item_id= … ts3&page=1

Rey: Interesting…wonder where they’d sell something like that? Obviously it wasn’t a wide release.

Also, eagerly anticipating the Cast & Crew CD rip…

Bryko614, I’m guessing this site owner orders a lot of regular Walt Disney/Pixar goods and these TS3 promo’s were given exclusively. This site usually has hard to find stuff limited to 5 or less items I’ve noticed. I don’t know of anyplace that sells hard to find Pixar stuff other than jbtoys.net from Japan.

If we want a physical CD, why would any of us rip the Cast and Crew CD, or listen to it ripped? Wouldn’t it be easier to ask Pixar? :confused: Couldn’t we just petition Disney?

Well, most times, petitions don’t work.

Anyway, I don’t think we could get it ripped either. Who here’s a member of the cast and crew? 8D

The only way one of us could get it probably would be is if someone sold it on ebay for more than its worth. maybe signed or something.

The promo CD was something that would be sent out to record stores to sample to the content. In Toy Story 3’s case, the CD came as far as pre-ordering copies, but was scrapped at the last minute. That CD looks like a cool collectable, I might get one.

I’ve tried asking Pixar. No response yet.

Probably the best tracks here were What About Daisy, To the Dump, The Claw, Going Home, and So Long.

What About Daisy continued that perfect [spoil]prison break theme in Spanish Buzz and You Got Lucky, and had some really exciting little moments when the toys are getting through the chute. I was very dissapointed when the track didn’t have the scene where Lotso arrives, and the entire dumpster confrontation. But it captured probably the second darkest scene in the film, when it truly shows how evil and deranged Lotso is. It had me cringing with my mouth open with this dark ten seconds.[/spoil]

To the Dump was a true action sequence, with my favorite parts being[spoil] the opening ten seconds until Woody goes back for the LGM’s, and the sad trumpets when Buzz is hauled out. The first part is EPIC, and the second part is really mournful, as we wake up and smell the coffee that Toy Story 3 isn’t a game anymore in this final act.[/spoil]

The Claw… it broke my heart, and still gives me shivers at 2:31 as I listen… [spoil]this basically WAS the scene, since it was silent for the most part. It was so powerful, since we believed what was going to happen… was going to happen. Then the line, “The claaaaawww!!!” Oh, it made me so happy that the toys were safe.[/spoil]

Going Home was definetly classic Toy Story, [spoil]it was so uplifting when the toys are getting clean and returning to the attic. Then the goodbyes to the toys to Woody… just really sad. It really makes me think what would my goodbyes to my closest friends be like. The sad little harmonica when Woody says goodbye to Jessie and Bullseye, and then Buzz’s last line, “You know where to find us, cowboy.”… and then the piece when Andy says goodbye to his mom… just emotional. Pure, honest emotion.[/spoil]

So Long was the definitive and defining track of this movie. [spoil]One by one, we’re reintroduced to these toys we’ve come to love these past 15 years, and the score clearly evokes thoughts of this peaceful sanctuary after the horrors of the final climax in the dump. Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, the Potato Heads, Slinky, Hamn, the LGM’s, and Buzz… it was so happy, yet so sad… it reminded us sadly how final this scene is for the series.

But then the part with Andy and Woody… beautiful. Newman himself must be playing this piano piece. It’s absolutely moving. It gives the feeling of mourning the lost loved ones in between these films these past 15 years, and the lost friends of Woody like Bo Peep and Wheezy. And it symbolizes the absolute horrors and challenges these toys have faced this whole journey, with those absolutely mounrful harp noises. Yet, it gives us life… pure, honest, heartwarming, purifying life… when Andy finally gives Bonnie Woody.

Then when Andy plays with his toys with Bonnie… it feels like we and the toys are truly safe in the world. It’s in this scene, as well as the entire film, that the trilogy’s story comes full circle. And the final moments of Andy saying, “Thanks, guys” were euphoric.

But the coup de grace of this very rewarding track was the theme playing when Andy’s toys come to life, and watch Andy drive into the sunset. You can feel the love these toys feel for Andy. You can FEEL the love Andy feels for these toys. You can FEEL the true honest love in this scene, from the nervous Rex to the sarcastic Potato Head, to Woody, who nearly tears up himself. And you finally are hit with this track - it’s over. Toy Story is coming to a close within moments. It’s saying goodbye, but you are saying goodbye in the most beautiful way possible. [/spoil]

“So long, partner.”

We Belong Together was very uplifting after the true life and death struggle of the final 30 minutes. In particular, I am very moved by “When we’re together, grey skies clear up”. I don’t know why, but that’s probably the happiest part of this song. It reflects the loss of the toys Woody and them have faced, but it gives you hope for the future.

Hay Un Amigo En Mi was basically as great as the original song, and I think that’s enough said.