Toy Story 3 Soundtrack

We belong together to be a song?

I’m not highlighting anything to avoid potential spoilers, but does anyone know if any of these songs have lyrics that isn’t in Spanish, or another version of you got a friend in me? Does Randy perform any of them? I’d like to know if he wrote anything lyrical for this movie. Loosing You doesn’t count of course, it wasn’t written for it, and as far as I can tell its not going to be in the movie any way.

Kyle: There is one new song performed by Randy Newman called [spoil]We Belong Together[/spoil].

Will we be able to hear that song anywhere before the movie is released?

ITunes, Amazon music player, Disney.com, Rhapsody should all have music previews of the Toy Story 3 soundtrack as soon as it’s available.

Actually iTunes and Amazon.com files are all DRM free. Of course iTunes files are sold in the AAC format and may need to be converted to MP3 for other devices but you can easily do that in iTunes by the right click menu.

I haven’t been up to speed with movie soundtracks for a long time. Most of the very few that I have are from around 1999 like Star Wars Episode I, Pokemon The First Movie (back when I was crazy about that stuff), and Toy Story 2 (which is really the only Pixar soundtrack I actually own unless you count the songs from the original on some of my Disney related CDs). I never thought I’d see the day when they’d start phasing out CD releases, but it seems to have gotten so much easier now to find that sort of music to listen to just by going on YouTube.

Another review has popped up, this time with a little less positive to say…

tampabay.com/features/music/ … 100038.ece

Toy Story 3 now listed at Amazon complete with samples!

amazon.com/Toy-Story-3/dp/B0 … 8&sr=301-3

Reminds me of the other 2 TS soundtracks, which were fantastic, so… The new song isn’t bad, but it isn’t as good as YGAFIM or TTOYL or IIDHY. From what I’ve heard, I’ll give it a 4.5/5. But that could change come June 15, when I hear the whole thing. [spoil]What I noticed is every track between when Buzz is Spanish and Buzz isn’t has a Latin flavor to it. Also, Going Home has a classic TS feel to it.[/spoil]

The song isn’t quite as bad as some people were making it out to be, but it doesn’t sound very “Toy Story” in my opinion. [spoil]Going Home reminds me almost exactly of the end of Toy Story 2. I also like the use of the harmonica as a cue for Lotso.[/spoil] I can’t wait for the whole thing!

So is this another “MP3 only” release after all?
If so, that would probably make WALL-E the last Pixar soundtrack ever released on CD (excluding those elusive “cast and crew”-editions).
I guess I don’t have to repeat how much I think this sucks:frowning:

I just listened to the Toy Story soundtrack preview on Amazon. Randy Newman is my favorite composer, it was awesome to hear him compose a Princess movie, but it’s great to hear him do Toy Story again!

Just listened to the sample track on Amazon. I think [spoil]“Cowboy”[/spoil], [spoil]“You got Lucky”[/spoil], and “You got a Friend in Me” by the Gypsy Kings are my three favorites. They’re all really good songs though. ^^

Yeah I agree, my favorite piece was [spoil]Cowboy[/spoil] as well

I absolutely loved the [spoil]western themes from Toy Story 2.[/spoil] It seems that [spoil]Cowboy[/spoil] is going to carry on that legacy, though I’m hoping that some of the older themes are revisited at some point, rather than everything being new.

amazon.com/Toy-Story-Favorit … B003FUZN4U

I was really hoping for a new Randy Newman ballad. His uptempo stuff is just okay in my book, except for “Strange Things,” but his ballads are incredible. I expected [spoil]We Belong Together[/spoil] to be a ballad, almost a [spoil]“When She Loved Me” 2.0[/spoil] (not sure if that would spoil it), especially since this is supposed to be the most emotional Toy Story yet. Nonetheless, the 30-second preview on Amazon makes it sound like a good song; I just wanted something more. Also, the rest of the soundtrack is awesome, classic TS. But I’m not a fan of the Spanish YGAFIM.

Agreed. we belong together just sounds like something they will throw in during the ending credits while the characters dance or something. I wanted something deeper.

It sounds like a very upbeat song, and a good one at that. I can see what you mean by it not being deep, though. Then again, all Toy Storys so far have ended on a lighthearted note, so this may continue the trend.