TOY STORY 4 Might Be Happening !!!

Don’t believe in everything you read, folks. Toy Story 4 is NOT happening.

I’m pretty sure the only reason Disney would want another movie is to sell more toys so it wouldn’t make financial sense to spend money on an entire movie to merchandise when you can do the same with a short at a fraction of the cost

Why do so many people assume that it’s all about ca$h when it comes to sequels?? :angry: I don’t agree. Pixar has more integrity than that. If a TS4 is ever made, it will be because one of the awesome Pixarians has a truly awesome idea, because of how awesome these characters are! Of course, it’s highly unlikely still that a fourth film will be made, but I’m still open to the concept!

I agree with you, ObsessedWithPixar. The Pixar sequels are all great, they’re treated just like any other original idea by the studio. So it doesn’t really make any sense when some one thinks that Pixar is trying to make cash only. The main reason it wouldn’t make sense is because the people who started up Pixar are the same people still running it today, and so their ideals clearly have not changed. MAYBE if they were under new management then that would be something to worry about, but even then I’m sure they would make good choices on who should take over them in the future.

My mom even thinks that a Toy Story 4 could be a good idea. She feels there were a few more loose ends to tie as much as we like Toy Story 3, and I agree. We don’t need one, and I know people won’t stop complaining if they heard about one, but I would be fine with it if Pixar decided so. At least people should watch the movie first, you know?

I’m sorry if you felt upset. You’re a good fan and that’s all that counts, and hopefully myself and many others are becoming better fans each day. :smiley:

Which loose ends do you feel there are?

I’ve always felt it’s one of the best rounded up trilogies ever.

I agree with your second statement. Oddly enough, if it had ended on either the first movie or the second movie, I wouldn’t necessarily see any more loose ends. A third one was practically being begged for, but they are good enough to stand on their own. I think the third one, excellent as it is, actually creates a few loose ends at the beginning that weren’t there before which don’t get fully tied up by the end. The movie played up like nothing more could be added to it. It ended fine, I just sort of wish it had happened differently, with a little more high-spirited energy that the first two had. I kind of wish the same point the movie was making could have happened on a lighter note, even though I can quite enjoy what we have today.

1. Okay, specifics. The one thing I’ll say I do not like are the miscellaneous toys being written out. Not just that, but it’s done so casually as if nothing. I know we didn’t always see a lot of them, but I miss them and just their presence kept things from going too dramatic. Most of them actually had a significant scene in the first one especially. Just because most boys give a lot of their toys away didn’t mean Andy had to; he became a lot like most teens. And if he could have kept the aliens, he could have kept a lot of the other ones as well. And even if they would be separated from the other toys no matter what, which I still wouldn’t like, we needed closure with them or a little scene to show they’re okay, not leave me wondering if they’re not.
  2. The thought that Bonnie owns Andy’s old toys isn’t really a problem, at least I know they’ll be taken good care of. Still, considering how imaginative Andy was, I just feel bad that everyone seems to think that they can’t really see each other again. I’m sure he will see his mom many more times, and I wish it seemed more like he was ready to give up his toys then feeling like he has to just because he’s an adult. Even Woody knew better to be with over a dozen of his other friends rather than just Andy.

There’s another one, but it’s more of an execution I didn’t prefer as opposed to a loose end. I call them loose ends because I wish they happened differently, and I feel the explanations on these two points should have been clearer and more positive. And those are only two things, but they are pretty significant. I basically just wish some of it were different, even though I still really like it. I know it may not sound like it, but I honestly do like it. I probably just think this because no film will blow me away as much as the first two did.

Well, I actually liked those points you didn’t, which gets to show how subjective part of this is! :smiley:

I still really like the rest of the movie. And those points I don’t really dislike too much. It’s just that they were pretty hard for me to adapt to because it was somewhat unlike Toy Story, although not unlike Pixar. Also, if this explains anything, I’m a huge fan of John Lasseter’s execution, he’s my favorite director. Plus, I know my post was too long (sorry! :blush: ) but I didn’t know how else to explain myself, so I’m sorry if I offended anyone. In case you missed the part where I said I still really like the movie, please just know that I truly do!

Now to my original point being that some loose ends can be tied. Well technically, they are tied, it’s just that those knots sort of disappointed me. Even still, it’s not like I think there needs to be a fourth one. I will be glad if Toy Story 3 is last and I also think there won’t be another one. But, theoretically, if Toy Story 4 was announced, I would be inviting to the idea, is all I’m saying.

No, opinions shouldn’t offend anyone!

For instance, John Lasseter is your favourite director, but he’s probably my less favourite out the Pixar regulars. Neither of us should feel offended about the other’s opinion, and I’m sure that’s the case! :smiley:

I don’t think I could have said it better. Though at first I thought, "What? You’re saying opinions should offend anyone? :open_mouth: ". Then I realized “Oh, no wait, I see what you mean. Phew”. Silly me. ;-p

Oops. I’ll edit that right away.

I don’t know if you’re aware, but English isn’t my first language, and I sometimes make slips like that one. I’m glad you understood anyway 8D

Oh that’s alright. 8D I’m no grammar freak anyway. Actually, I think it’s kind of impressive how English isn’t your first language. I wouldn’t have been able to tell. You (both) sound like two of the most proper and most educated people here. Besides, I make errors anyway, and I usually understand if someone meant something different, especially if they are kind members anyway.

I was always skeptical of this rumor, and now I’m certain it was just that, a rumor.

I’m sure it was just a rumor. But Toy Story 3 was really supposed to be a conclusion to their story. Even if a few of my wishes were not fulfilled in that film, it’s still a great story and hopefully some of those wises are fulfilled in the TV Specials and Toons. I have actually really enjoyed the three Toons.

Yes, it really felt like closure.

When it comes to Pixar, no I don’t think it’s all about the money.
When it comes to Disney on the other hand… :unamused:

^OK, I know that Disney hasn’t always been perfect, but I don’t think they’re a moneygrubbing company. As of late, the films and shows they’ve made have made me more certain that they’re focused on doing their best in that way and not focused on just how much their merchandise makes or how much money their sequels make or whatever.

Disney stopped producing the cheapquels in 2008! Anyway, as for Toy Story 4. Do not want.

Agreed. Also, the fact they’re cranking out Toy Story shorts and TV specials is a comforting sign that they’re not spending time developing a full-fledged feature. It’s a great happy medium for everybody.

Planes. And Planes 2 green lit before the first has even been released. Need I say more?