TOY STORY 4 Might Be Happening !!!

Wait… they’re doing a special? I’m excited because Pixar’s needed to do a TV special of some sort for years, but I’m kind of bummed out that TS4 isn’t likely to happen. I will gladly welcome both, whatever happens!

I personally don’t want a TS4 to ever happen. The third one ended the series on a nice little bow, you can’t possibly top it.

^my thoughts exactly. I am excited that they’re doing specials and more shorts though.

Me too. It’s a great way for Disney/Pixar to continue the series without pursuing a fourth film.

Please Glaux, no. The ending of the trilogy was perfect, I don’t want another ‘On Stranger Tides’/‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’. :unamused:

Great news!

I can’t wait to watch the new Toy Story “specials” and the new toons.

Are all of these to be written and created by the usual Pixar team?

Very excited and relieved to hear about these 22 minute specials. I just wish we didnt have to wait that long. On the bright side this means their not going to rush it, and chances are it will retain theatrical quality, just as we’ve seen with the previous shorts. Similarly the Disney Christmas specials were also pretty much theatrical quality. This should bode well for Toy Story I think.

Since these are not being rushed we don’t have to expect a quality drop like we saw with the Toy Story Treats.

I wonder if it’ll be Christmas and Halloween themed? Seems like the most logical choice, I kinda hope at least one of them stays clear of that. If not done right those are easy ways to feel…forced.

TV Specials ay? Well if Pixar sees the need to continue the Toy Story universe, this is a MUCH better idea than pushing a 4th movie. I’ll be eager to see what comes of it, for sure :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for the specials/shorts, either.

I actually like this idea of specials!

I guess I should not make Toy Story 4. The Toy Story 3 has closed the trilogy nicely. We have to know when to stop …

Whoa, specials? :smiley: I like the idea of this. Now I need to get to seeing Small Fry…

Aaaaaaaand the rumor has resurfaced again. Bleeding Cool News gathered 2 news sources from, errrrm, Colombia saying that it will be released in 2015 (the announced but currently untitled Thanksgiving 2015 release, I guess). I really, really, really wish it’s false news.

according to aintitcoolnews, its not true.

aintitcool.com/node/61065

Don’t believe in everything you read, folks. Toy Story 4 is NOT happening.

I’m pretty sure the only reason Disney would want another movie is to sell more toys so it wouldn’t make financial sense to spend money on an entire movie to merchandise when you can do the same with a short at a fraction of the cost

Why do so many people assume that it’s all about ca$h when it comes to sequels?? :angry: I don’t agree. Pixar has more integrity than that. If a TS4 is ever made, it will be because one of the awesome Pixarians has a truly awesome idea, because of how awesome these characters are! Of course, it’s highly unlikely still that a fourth film will be made, but I’m still open to the concept!

I agree with you, ObsessedWithPixar. The Pixar sequels are all great, they’re treated just like any other original idea by the studio. So it doesn’t really make any sense when some one thinks that Pixar is trying to make cash only. The main reason it wouldn’t make sense is because the people who started up Pixar are the same people still running it today, and so their ideals clearly have not changed. MAYBE if they were under new management then that would be something to worry about, but even then I’m sure they would make good choices on who should take over them in the future.

My mom even thinks that a Toy Story 4 could be a good idea. She feels there were a few more loose ends to tie as much as we like Toy Story 3, and I agree. We don’t need one, and I know people won’t stop complaining if they heard about one, but I would be fine with it if Pixar decided so. At least people should watch the movie first, you know?

I’m sorry if you felt upset. You’re a good fan and that’s all that counts, and hopefully myself and many others are becoming better fans each day. :smiley:

Which loose ends do you feel there are?

I’ve always felt it’s one of the best rounded up trilogies ever.