Toy Story and Toy Story 2 coming to Blu-Ray

As I mentioned, I as well as many others were able to use 2 coupons for princess and the frog. It does work, despite the fine print. Your only road block would be if the cashier decided not to scan them. As a general rule, if they ring up its cool with them.

I’m having my mom doing the pick up for me, so I’ll update you guys when I find out what the total was.

Edit: okay, looks like the total for me was $5.97. (and no tax in Delaware). didn’t use or need the 5.00 coupons for the toy stories.

Now I have to wait for her to get home, as well as my blu ray player which should be here any minute now. (my ps3 is no more)

Kyle: Oh, OK. I only used the $10 coupons.

When my mom went to get them, there was apparently a huge ordeal that the coupons were probably fake, although I don’t see why they couldn’t have just scanned them in the first place. However, (this is extremely nitpicky), she accidentally got the DVD case version of the TS2 Bluray instead. Is there a reason to release both case versions? I’m going back to the store to swap them now, though. Pretty excited for the new extras.

Yeah, sometimes you get stupid people. there’s no reason they couldn’t have tried it. a fake coupon wouldn’t even ring up.

as for the packaging, they are virtually identical on the inside. the different packaging was done to appeal to those who have yet to make the transition. it kinda tricks them into getting the blu ray whether they want it or not.

I made sure when I pre ordered that they scanned the blu ray packaging, so hopefully the same thing didn’t happen to me. I wont know for a few more hours when I have them in my hands. if it turns out its the dvd packaging, I think I’ll just stick with it. too much of a hassle going back and I’m getting impatient.

Edit: okay, I have them now. they gave her the blu-ray packaging of the Toy Story, but the DVD one of the TS2. ughh. its going be weird having all but one be the same size. I I think I might hold off and exchange it some other day this week. I at least have the first toy story and princess and the frog to hold me over.

Are you sure? I just called up my local Toys R Us and they said that each Toy Story on Blu-Ray is $29.99, so roughly $60 total - Other than that, however…

I didn’t pre-order PATF, TS1, or TS2. However, I do have TS1 and TS2 on DVD, and already printed out my $10 off codes for both. Can you guys walk me through what to do?

Thanks.

Finally I just got both Blu-Rays today!
I’m going to watch the bonus features first.

Since you missed out on Princess and the Frog, as well as preordering the Toy Stories, theres nothing left for you to do but use the coupons you have. and buy them both at once to get a discount.

You can also try the 5.00 off coupons to get 10 more off. They might allow both sets of coupons , they might not.

I took some screencaps of all of the new shots in the TS3 sneak peeks, if for some reason you can’t get the Blu-rays anytime soon.

Some new color script art in the background.

Molly: “Why do you still have these toys?”
Andy: “Molly, out of my room!”

Woody: “What’s going on?”

Buzz: “It’s under control, Woody, we have a plan.”
Rex: “We’re going to daycare!”

The “Characters” sneak peek only has two new shots; however it does have a few new things such as animation tests of Lotso and Stretch.

Also, the featurette shows some voice recording sessions which reveal new lines for the characters.

Trixie: “Hi, I’m Trixie!”
Ken: “Being Ken is about having fun!”
Ken: “I’m still just like any other toy; I put my pants on one leg at a time…They’re personally tailored pants and I have 92 pairs. Groovy, huh?”

That’s so awesome Bryko614! That’s some great pics! :smiley:

Ooooooo! Thanks Bryko614! I don’t have the blu rays on me just yet, but I’m hoping to have them by tomorrow or Friday!

Anyway, the color scripts behind Lee make me more tempted to buy “The Art Of Toy Story 3” when it becomes available! As for the screenshots from the movie itself, it looks amazing! I can’t wait. :smiley:

I love that animation test of Stretch. Now I’m even more convinced that she’s going to have some stretching action in the film.

And can you believe how real those bushes look next to Woody? I don’t think even Toy Story 2 had ones that good.

The shot of Woody and Buzz outside looks odd to me, Woody isnt casting a shadow. Think that one’s not finished yet?

Something else I’ve noticed is that the DVD versions have a significant color difference consistently throughout the film compared to the 2005 edition. I’ve only looked at the TS2 DVD but it’s pretty evident.

Blu-ray release:

2005 release:

Blu-ray release:

2005 release:

I’ve seen that on screenshots for the original Toy Story as well, and it kind of bugged me cause they seemed to be giving off sort of a pinkish tint to the picture that wasn’t there before.

I might as well say here that I never saw the need of upgrading to Blu-Ray when they first came out with it. Perfect picture is the big thing about it, but other than that what does it have to offer that DVD didn’t? VHS tapes were something I knew needed to be phased out and replaced with something better and I still felt that DVDs were advanced enough as it is. It’s actually harder to want to get new DVDs now cause they purposefully leave out a lot of the best features for Blu-Ray, so that to me seems like the only real reason I can think of for getting Blu-Ray.

because blu ray is better than dvd in every way. resolution, color range, contrast. higher bit rate audio, more space for extras.

one thing I love about blu ray, and I know its kind of a small thing, but being able to go to the main menu while having the movie sitll play. you can jump from some bonus feature more smoothly than before. having a larger bottle neck allows you do to do more at once. I love Cini-explore when they do it, but they only seem to do that for new movies. Ratouille did it best I think, giving you the option to go to realavant extras and even easter eggs durring the movie.

granted, they are being unfair by intentioally leaving of things from the dvd, but Im all for it if it gets everyone on one format sooner.

As for the color difference, Im pretty sure its a result of the new shaders they rendeered the movies with. I even noticed it to an extent during the double feature. though much of it was masked bcause of the tint from the 3D glasses.

I think a slight adjustment in color temp on your tv could be all thats needed to bring it back to the older colors if you wanted.

I didn’t know you could leave the movie playing and go to the menu at the same time. Guess that’s one thing that’s a step ahead of DVD. I’ll still keep Blu-Ray in mind, even if it’s only to see those other Pixar features (I still have an urge to listen to John Lasseter’s commentary on Cars that was left out of the DVD).

The only thing that slightly bothers me about the bluray release is, they replaced the Disney castle at the start of the movies but besides that I was really happy how they turned out. Some of the texturing was unbelievable, I really liked how detailed Mr Potato Head was.

Hi guys (and gals :wink: ) .

I just received my Toy storu blu’s by mail from the UK. I have two codes for the disney movie rewards, which I can’t use myself, so I’m giving them away! First brit to PM me gets them :smiley: .

Btw, I also have a US code from a bug’s life blu, same story, first to PM gets it!

About the color difference:
The Japanese Spirited Away DVD had a really annoying red tint that felt just wrong all the way (and the worst DTS track ever, to boot).

I’d say with the new Toy Story releases it’s a bit different. The warmer colors actually fit quite nicely, so I’m fine with either version.

I was wondering if any one could post some videos of the special features i wont have them for a while spent Ill my money on tsc potato head.

So, the Blurays of the movies are the retextured, upgraded versions shown in theaters in October, right? Can anyone post pics that show the most apparent differences between the original and “updated” versions?