Toy Story and Toy Story 2 coming to Blu-Ray

I am guessing those are place holder images until they finish the cover art, the rest of the Pixar blurays have a blue border design going around them so these should be no different.

Anyways I am really looking forward to these and can’t wait to buy them.

that’s what people thought about the 10th anniversary editions, including me. we were all wrong.

I hope Im wrong this time, but I don’t have much faith in their marketing team at this point.

According to AreaDVD the retail release date of the Toy Story Blu-rays in Germany is also March 11th, 2010.

I can hardly wait… :smiley:

Good news for Germany totoro! I still hope we’ll get the at the same time in the Netherlands. Did the Toy story 3D double feature release already in Germany? I read somewhere we don’t get it until may over here. So it would be kinda strange if the blu’s release before the 3D feature…

dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=72050

Black Friday? That seems cool, yet I will never get to watch it, as I have no Blueray Player.

I’ll get it if I somehow get my hands on a Blu-Ray…

Those special features are also for the DVD version.

Strange, yes, but in this case true.
We get the 3D re-release after the Blu-rays.

I just bought both on DVD via wal-mart which is cheap. I thing it was only 19.88 for one of the DVDs.

I can’t wait!! I’ve been waiting for these to come out on blu-ray since I got one :smiley:

The German Blu-ray / DVD re-release features are listed here.
There doesn’t seem to be a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, nor any kind of digital copy, but from the bonus features (audio tracks aside), DVD and Blu-ray are identical.

Here are the covers of the German Blu-rays:

Does anyone have any word on a UK release?

Play.com has them listed for the 8th of March, but there’s no cover art and it seems suspiciously early. I don’t think they’ve been confirmed at all.

Bleh. Really want these. Stuck with my scratchy VHS copies until they’re out. Pixar films looks so beautiful in Blu-Ray, so I’ve been craving these for ages.

What I want to know if the release will have any new features (in the US), I’m going to get the first Toy Story as I don’t own it on DVD, and I hope to get 2 as well but I can wait a while as I already have it on DVD, but I really want some nifty new special features.

I think the new extras will be similiar to the a bugs life and monsters inc stuff. ie mostly recylced old stuff, and a few new things here any there, such as a round table discussion. there will also be new Toy Story 3 sneak peaks.

Well, thats good enough for me, I just find out I have no Disney Blu-Rays yet…Toy Story may be my first. :sunglasses:

Picked mine up this morning and sat with the family to watch Toy Story. As you would expect the picture and sound is amazing. Checked out a few of the extras too and I’m really happy with it but I can’t believe that they have butchered the beginning of the film. :imp:

How badly did they change the opening? It probably wouldn’t be so bad if they had the Pixar logo at the beginning right after the new castle (originally they didn’t show the logo in Toy Story until after the credits, but then when they made A Bug’s Life they had the Pixar logo shown at the beginning of all their films). If it’s really bad, I might just stick with the original opening on the 10th Anniversary Edition DVD.

What the - how’d you get it this early? its not supposed to be out til the 23rd.

And yeah, I’d like to know what they did too. is it exactly like the double feature?