TOY STORY OF TERROR!

I loved this special. [spoil]Prickepants going through the different horror movie tropes[/spoil] was pretty funny. There were quite a few moments here that had me laughing. I also liked how Jessie got some attention with her fear of being boxed and [spoil]saving the day in the end.[/spoil] Combat Carl was also a great addition to the franchise and I liked that we got to see [spoil]him and the other toys go to Billy’s house at the end.[/spoil] The manager [spoil]running away from the police[/spoil] was funny too and I was glad to see [spoil]the police after him.[/spoil] All in all, a very satisfying short and I do hope that we get to see more specials like this down the road.

Better look at that shipping address:

Yikes! That made me think of Toy Story 2 & also the State Farm commercial!

as a big GI Joe fan, I was deeply amused that Combat Carl came in 12" and 3.75" scales. Also liked that they got along. Something GI Joe fans could learn from.
I was deeply impressed with how they handled Jessie’s claustrophobia. Very realistic and not a moment went by during those moments when I didn’t want to hug her.
Also, I was amazed by how terrifying they made taping up a box :open_mouth:

I’m going to try seeing this again tonight on ABC Family! Loved it! :mrgreen:

As a former (and hopefully future) iguana owner, I loved Mr. Jones! Yeah, they made him act like a dog. But they got the tongue and the sleeping position perfect!

Sissy had to give me a recorded copy because I really wanted to see it when it aired but unfortunately was unable to do so (service got canceled at my house 5 years ago; Grandma’s in the rest home; couldn’t go up to Sissy’s; Aspirations; was not taken to Grandpa’s; computer thing didn’t work out). Hopefully, they’ll come out with a Christmas special (did you know the original Toy Story was originally going to be a Christmas special for Tin Toy?) and maybe then I’ll get a real copy of the special.

Ugh…I can’t really figure out where to find an actual copy of The Pixar Story…

i watched it on Wednesday. at eight. it was epic. a felt cheated when they didnt play it on saturday. they should have put it on regular TV again.

Please visit this thread for a detailed analysis of the parts usage, placement and construction technique prevalent in LEGO Bunny, as featured in the recent Toy Story of Terror.

Rather than clog up this thread with in-depth conversation I felt it better contained to its own forum where discussion can reign freely without interfering with talk about more general aspects of Toy Story of Terror.

I liked it.

It’s true, a lot of the themes simply repeated the three movies, but that just increased the nostaglia factor for me. And now I want to add a Combat Carl to my Toy Story Collection!

i think i want all the new characters. especially the pocketeer.

OMG, pixarfan9099… that is an awesome find. Looks like someone’s going to be crying in a chicken suit again… X)

Was going through high-def screencaps from the SKY website and notcied this:

DJ Blu-Jay from the Small Fry toon lunchbox and thermos behind Jessie.

DJ Blu Jay is also on Bonnie’s T-shirt toward the end of the short. :slight_smile:

I guess DJ Blu Jay is a franchise in their world? I could see that being a cute Hello Kitty sort of thing… :slight_smile:

Well I enjoyed it. I was hoping it would be a little bit more Halloween themed or scary movie themed than it was but I thought it was good just the same. Kinda wished there was more Buzz / Jessie too, but really only cuz I love those two together

I’m just gonna assume it’s been long enough with spoilers…

So Andrew Stanton mentioned than an appearance by Al himself was actually cut at the end for time constraints… I wonder what the scene may have consisted of (I assume just him opening the empty package).

Hmm…I don’t remember seeing that screen shot in the special.

It was a promo shot. Happens with most is not all of Pixar’s movies. It may have been from when they were still blocking out the shot, or just a shot to send to press.

I can see that now.

My sister told me her favorite part of the special was when the Pez threw up its candy. (I actually do collect Pez dispensers myself!)

Overall, I loved Toy Story of Terror in general.