Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

This may seem an odd question but do you think the disney store Hamm is commonplace now?. I ask because I have found one on eBay and wondered if I should bite now or wait until he arrives in the UK?. If he arrives here at all that is. Do you think he will still be available for some time to come in the US?.

I don’t really know. It was released only in Japan.

Nice find. The design was actually the logo for Zero Skateboards (fitting, and I’m not sure if it was used with permission). But I don’t think that they ever made a shirt exactly like the one you posted from the movie (the closest I’ve seen had a big logo in the center).

There’s also another Rocky figure by Medicom made exclusively for collectors.

Sadly, still 6-inches, and the prices are out of this world.

Scaled down, but still nice:

The Claw, I dont think Hamm at all will be common, as most people dont even have a Disney store near them, and others dont want to call and have one shipped for some reason. If you do get one on ebay, dont pay more than $20-$30. I would indeed strike now though. Remember those who waited for hamm in 95 to be released again? Never did. I remember that very clearly because I kept wanting to get one for my brother.
That and, Disney Store items not only usually hold their value, but also become rare. Take for instance those Kickass Incredibles figures they had. But since this Hamm is the ONLY ONE to be released %100 for sure, fact, then I would very strongly urge to get him now or never.
If Thinkway is waiting for their stock to deplete, to even consider going forward with Hamm again, it will be a less of a replica that what you can get at the Disney store. Toy manufactoers have to appeal to walmart, kids, etc, Disney stores have to appeal to no one, so they can do a perfect 1:1 and know it would sell like hot cakes, which it has done.

That Rocky by Medicom is badass. Though I wont buy any medicom product. Personal problems with the owner. Kind of a shady company (had a bad commission experience with him, Ryu)

Also, I’ll wait a few more months, but if no one does a correct scale Rocky, I’ll get some expending resin and make one to scale, using the 6 inch fig.

The cylinder bodied Gi Joe head guy with the Mickey Mouse arm, whats his name again? I had sworn I saw the body piece as an existing thing.

Thanks for the heads up Tyler. It’s much appreciated. Just bought him so I pray he arrives in one piece. I paid a little more than you suggested but I think it will be worth it. At least I don’t have to worry about him coming out in the UK now.

Jingle Joe.
The body is a Melody Push Chime.

(Not sure if the roller was made in that exact design).

I also wonder which G.I. Joe Combat Carl was based off of.

EDIT: If you’re going to make a Rocky figure, I’d personally wait until after Toy Story 3. But then again, we don’t even know if he’ll be in there yet.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I will indeed wait on Rocky, as he’s not on my main concern right now, but is something I’m wanting to do down the road.

Jingle Joe’s head is based off GiJoe, but he’s just a generic male head, as they couldnt get the GiJoe liscensed for the film. Like Rocky, he too would look good scaled up to correct scale via expanding resin, but with the 1:1 replica Hamm by Disney, I wouldnt be suprised to see a BoPeep or other characters like that.

Andy:

And Sid:

Also, Tour Guide Barbie:

And Mr. Spell:

Thank you for the info, I will add the Tour Guide Barbie to the list of replicas/found items. The other things you listed, while cool, fall in the non-replica, others, category, as the thread is intended for props/found items/or replicas from the films.

I will also add the original Animal Lovin Ken, and Workout Barbie, not the new 2 pack, as they’re entirely different dolls now. The real world found items for those do exist, but are costly now because of TS3. Though, some of us do pay for the luxury of obtaining exact replicas.

Here are some “props.”

8-Ball

Andy/Molly’s See n’ Say. There’s a different one for Toy Story 3 at Sunnyside, though (Wikipedia says it’s an 80’s version).

A Rubix Cube also is seen with Andy’s toys, but you shouldn’t need a picture for that.

A Rock a Stack is in Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Tin Toy. I’ll try to find pics later.

Where in the movie do we see that rocky is buzz sized? Its been awhile since i paid attention to him in the movies but i always got the impression he was a incher like most wrestler toys.

Agreed, Im pretty he’s not Buzz’s size at all.

Speaking of Rocky, there is one that came a few years ago. Hes 6 inch, but he isnt the medicom one or the one thats out currently. He camewith aliens hecould toss. I will post pics later

Oh! I have that one!

Me too! Although i display the more ecent one

face-palm Why did I have to give away my Woody and Jessie to my cousin?! : o_0

OH well…

I think I gave them away…maybe I just lost them.

If I find them, I’ll post them here. (They’re not TSC. :slight_smile: )

I found a picture of one of the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot toys that looks exactly like the one seen in Toy Story 2 (it was probably designed after this one):

There’s also an exact replica of the Playskool baby monitor that Woody used in the original film:

Of course the yellow Barrel of Monkeys:

I was thrilled to go to a garage sale last weekend and find a pristine Great Shape Barbie. Box was in good shape, had all the accessories. Best $8 I ever spent!

However, I noticed a few differences between the real Barbie and the one depicted in Toy Story 3. The belt and hair are both a bit different. Still, cool find.

This isn’t the one I bought (haven’t photographed mine yet), but here it is:

Oh, dude!! I found that at a sale for 50 cents because it was “broken”. I just pushed the red one in, and now it’s in perfect condition!! :laughing: