Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Take a look at page 543 of this thread please.

starting a new little project; making a small version of the toy box out of one of those craft treasure chest you can get at a craft store. it won’t be the super accurate (The box itself is the wrong shape), but I wanted to start a project where I can practice my painting skills. Besides, I can also put my Mr.Shark inside :unamused:

Hi everyone!

Been lurking this community for a while and have finally joined after seeing people active again after TS4.

I was after any recommendations on custom replicas and sellers
as I’m looking to add some characters to my collection that don’t have official releases.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Ok so the new Signature Collection Duke Caboom JUST dropped on the Target website, and now it’s sold out??

target.com/p/toy-story-sign … A-75565827

Does anyone here already have one?

Hi all, just wanted to share my new customised Woody. He’s not perfect, but he’s the closest I can get to a movie-accurate Woody at the moment. A smaller pull-ring and a larger badge would be great. He’s the Soft and Huggable Woody head on a Disney Store body, which a lot of people have already done… but I added some paint details on the head, which I haven’t seen anyone else do. It makes a huge difference!

Smudged some red onto his cheeks and lips (the paint on his lips is more prominent in the later films), and attempted to paint in his hair highlights. Also added gloss varnish onto his eyes, because they seemed flat. I tried to match the TSC Woody’s eyes in terms of glossiness. If they had just put his eyebrows at the same height, this headsculpt would be perfect! I did paint the hatband and the “string” on the Soft and Huggable’s hat; but for these pictures, I decided to use my TSC hat.

Holy cow, I didn’t know they made that variation of Woody, but that expression is a HUGE improvement from what we’ve been given. Wouldn’t even be that hard to correct the eyebrows, but it looks great as is.

It’s a pretty good choice for parts because the Disney Store doll has the original and film accurate 1995 hands. The fabrics aren’t great, but at least the arm seams aren’t sewn at a weird angle like the Toy Story Collection version is.

Unfortunately, the only source for a correct pullstring loop is the first edition Posable Pull-String Woody, which was recalled for safety reasons. Not really a viable solution (unless you happen to find one for parts secondhand).

I just bought a pack of shower curtain rings, works perfectly. I guess it could still be smaller to be truly screen accurate, but its still a huge improvement from the stock ring.

As this been posted? Someone added an old fashioned voice box to woody.

youtube.com/watch?v=PMEO49n … e=youtu.be

While poking around, I found a similar one.
youtube.com/watch?v=4QuTYF5ykzI

Now these aren’t classic 50s/60s style voice boxes, but electronic manipulations that do a decent job at mimicking them. Still, having the string retract at a controlled pace instead of just snapping back really does make a difference.

It’s next to impossible to make a phonograph voice box for mass production or as a fan, so people shouldn’t take that out on Thinkway. A speed regulator would be possible, though.

Why would it be that hard to do for thinkway? or for that matter, a fan? If this was the only they used to have to make toys talk back then, why not now?

I think I even had a mickey doll in the 90s that had one of those types of voice boxes.

another project that I’m starting to finish; The front of the doodle pad to go with the back I did years ago. I’ve got the cowboy drawn out, it should be less of an undertaking than the buzz box I’m putting off finishing.

edit: progress-- finshed mountains and cactus, onward to the lasso side decorations!

A few days ago, I stumbled on the Forky kit for cheap at my Walmart and decided to make my own replica. He’s not 100% since I still need to put on the rainbow sticker on his sticks but I like how he turned out. I used polymer clay for the base, unibrow, and mouth. The green sharpie for the “Bonnie” on his sticks looks dark in the 3rd pic but it’s just because of the poor lighting.

That is a solid Forky, SpaceSherriff. I love the facial expression. Also, is that a Medicom Woody I see? Freaking nice! I’ve wanted one for so long and have been slowly saving up for a while now.

Thank you! I actually used your Forky as a bit of a reference for the “horrified” facial expression. 8D Yeah, I got him earlier this year after saving up last year off of CDJapan. He’s not flawless but he’s a well done figure that’s worth it for the poseability imho.

I might try my hand at headswapping the TSC Woody’s head with the soft and huggable one of these days. I came across this guy’s imgur album of his “Frankensteined” accurate Woody he made from 4 different dolls.
[url]https://imgur.com/gallery/Q05iVf6[/url]
[url]https://imgur.com/gallery/lj7bdcr[/url]

Edit:
The Doodle Pad is now done! I’ve also done some measurements and the size of the doodle pad should be around 6.5x9.5 inches if you were planning on making one:

Full uncompressed png images:
drive.google.com/open?id=1t5ejd … NuNHp14EzY

Thanks Ckeanmonk, these look really cool! I’d watch out if I were you though, I posted my custom Stinky Pete box a while ago and since then someone took it and was selling it on etsy :cry: hopefully this doesn’t happen here.

So, how do you plan on transferring these voice lines onto the toy itself? I’m trying to replace the current Disney Store Woody’s voice lines with the more toy-accurate ones, but have no idea on how to go about it. What’re guys you gonna do?

The Toy Story 4 Officer Giggle McDimples Pet Patrol Playset has been out for a while now, I picked one up at Amazon UK. Aside from being a pretty damn close replica to the on-screen version (a few minor colour differences and the door opens the incorrect way) it also presents a great opportunity for stop-motion animation!

To that end I whipped up this little animation below replicating Giggles’ introduction.

[url]https://www.instagram.com/p/B0xl5vQjsqO/[/url]

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Really cool animation! I love how you made it look like she was bouncing like she did in the film!

But has anyone noticed how weirdly this toy was distributed? Like it was available for like a few weeks and then stores like Target and Walmart stopped stocking it completely, and you can only buy her online. pretty weird.

I don’t have the Disney on Ice Lenny but I have this one. I think the Disney on Ice is closest to scale but this Lenny is a pretty good size. Better than the BK Lenny to scale with the others.

Hey all,
I just joined the forums officially after browsing it occasionally for years. I became very interested in assembling an accurate Toy Story replica collection since I saw Toy Story 3 at the age of 7. I’m 16 now, and I have been a Toy Story fan all my life, but the 3rd really sparked excitement in me to collect. So I know this place isn’t as active as it used to be, but with the release of Toy Story 4, a bit of new life has been breathed in the forums, as has my desire to continue collecting. So I gotta ask…what’s everyone up to now? Anyone got their eyes on anything specific? New releases to anticipate? I’d be delighted to get a conversation going, as nobody I know IRL has the same passion for this as I do.