Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

I just joined the group and hadn’t seen your customs, but aren’t we all just ‘copying’ the film model?

I finished Mr. Pricklepants, and I have to admit…I think he is cute as can be, and am pretty thrilled with how he turned out. I did forget to take a “before” picture when I started the mod…so I snagged this before pic from eBay.

And here is the start of [spoil]Bonnie’s toys[/spoil].

I am going to hold off on posting a new group shot until after the dump truck I bought on eBay gets here…and until after Bullseye finally makes it to Orlando. Since the last group shot I posted I now have Pricklepants, Totoro, Peas, the Shark, and [spoil]a Monkey with Cymbals[/spoil]. And if Bullseye doesn’t get here within the next week, I might also have a Roly Poly Clown ready to join in the fun too.

On the Disney Store plush his arms are sewn very securely at the shoulder. When I removed the initial fur, I founf out that the arms are sewn directly to the same fabric that is making his body, The palms are then attached to his hips with a couple of simple stitches that are easily removed.

That is absolutely FANTASTIC! I hate to even ask, but would you consider (for a price, of course), modding any more of these?

Fantastic job Tommy! Looks really good!

Got this display from Krogers, about 6 feet tall. Got the TSC Mr. P, to finish off thsoe eyes, becasue I had a problem with the contour. Now they’ll be perfect, and will fit everyones exactly the same. Will post them up this weekend now that I have the body to give examples on, etc.

I have a question for anyone who has purchased the non-Collection Twitch, Sparks, and Chunk. Of the ones you’ve seen in stores, were there any sort of quality control issues with them that you could see? My Toys R Us doesn’t have these yet, and since you can get free shipping on the website I figured I’d save some money on them. The thing is, I don’t want to order them if they have potential paint flaws or anything else that would only be noticeable in stores, like with a lot of the new Collection stuff, hence why I’ll wait till Bullseye comes to the store. If someone could help me out with this I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Tyler, that display is so awesome, I am really jealous!

And Mr Tortilla Head? Absolutely hilarious!

Oh I see. On his palms, are the threads weak like they are on TSC Woody’s vest? I mean, are they going to get torn out due to basic handling? Man I want bonnies toys so bad but they only ones i can see myself getting are pricklepants, peas, and buttercup. Dolly just isnt good enough and I want to wait on Trixie until we get one made like the thinkway toys. However, Id buy a chuckles in a heartbeat

You wont have to worry about those, they all have looked really good. I got my Chunk and Twitch in the mail and didnt even worry actually. Twitch is even made almost the same way in the movie, same materials. Thanks for the heads up they’re there, I “need” sparks. Want to chromeplate his grey parts, and add leds.

how tall would an accurate totoro be?

Hey Tyler, how did you shorten Potatohead’s legs? Did you just cut them off from the bottom and glue them back on?

If so I’m a bit worried because the legs look like they get thicker near the bottom. Does cutting them off from the bottom mean there is a slight gap in the hole where the shoes meet the legs?

Anyone happen to have the monkey toy seen in the film? I’d love to see some shots with other toys

Thanks for the help, that makes me feel a lot better. I think I’ll order these tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Also, for anyone who doesn’t have a Disney Store nearby and still needs to get the Hamm bank, the website finally has him listed at $19.50, and you can get free shipping since it’s a Toy Story item if you use the promo code on the site.
disneystore.com/kids-toy-sto … 235/11901/

I was so mad when I saw this, because I just ordered mine last week from the store and paid around $28 with shipping, and then this happens. Oh well, live and learn. :neutral_face:

Wampar stated he had one. I’m looking for one too. They’re getting harder to find now of course.

His name is Jolly Chimp. I’ve seen them on ebay under these searches “jolly chimp, vintage chimp, vintage monkey, cymbal monkey, cymbal chimp” Trying the more vauge searches brings up a few for pretty cheap. The vintage original one is the only one with film accurate yellow clothes, and creepy face. There are more modern ones, with the same face, but the full creepiness is in the details only the original has.

There are several on eBay, but it depends on how much you’re willing to spend on said toy. The CK Jolly Musical Chimp that was featured in the film was actually an imported toy from Japan in the 1960s. He’s vintage now, which is why you can expect to pay something within the 60-100 dollar range. Of course there are other Cymbal Monkeys out there, but none that look exactly like the one in the film.

Here’s some good information and a video of said monkey on the Youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=3W_obKqqD4w

Some more info here too: antiques.lovetoknow.com/Monkey_P … intage_Toy

Just found this on Amazon’s website, for anyone who’s interested in purchasing a slightly less expensive version of the Musical Chimp. He looks nearly identical to his brother CK, considering the fact that they were manufactured by the same company, Daishin.

He’s not wearing the exact same suit as the one in the movie, but I’m sure that if anyone has some sewing skills they should be able to fabricate his suit close enough. There’s one currently on Amazon for $40 streetpeddler.com/cgi-bin/st … ey%20Chimp

That is the repo I was speaking of, which is really off. It LOOks like him, but he’s got the wrong clothes, wrong detailing. Especially in the paint of the eyes, and gums. Also, he doesnt have fur under the arms, so his shirt would have to remain intact, though one could replace the fur with similar stuffed animal plush fur. It IS a good alternative though, and will have to be adjusted to get the movies look. But the vintage ones will become harder to find, especially ones that work.

I unscrewed the shoes, to take them off. Then cut off about 3/4 of an inch off of each leg, keeping in mind the taper that was there before to aid in the alignment of his shoes nestled. then drilled in new drill marks, and drilled in new screws. For the most part the legs remain solid, so there is something to drill into it. Electronics work perfectly, as I allowed 2 mm of space between the tops of shoes to where they would hit the body.

I also repositioned that crap under the hat so I can have the hat wherever I want to put it and the functions still operate.

and if I get a chance to this weekend, I’ll test out boling his arms in water to resposition them. Used to do that alot on harder plastics to remove heads, etc, for customs in my twelves, haha.

An accurate Totoro would be the 16" plush, closed mouth version, available here:

[url]http://www.otaku.com/cgi-bin/itemview.asp?itemid=66825l[/url]

This is the same one Tommy has, and I ordered one last weekend, and it arrived on Thursday (less than a week from Japan to me). I am extremely pleased with it. Unfortunately, it looks like they have raised the price by $10 since my order shipped, but it is still a pretty good deal, especially considering that shipping is only $10 worldwide.

Seriously, that monkey is FREAKING ME OUT!!!