TSS's Fan-Made Videos

Trust me, you aren’t the first one who told me that, so I have an idea of what people want me to do.

About the Violet Parr music video: Really nice! I liked how you chose a female singer because it makes me empathise with Violet’s situation a lot more. The way you made the fan video into a story really made it more convincing, the way Violet came out of her shell towards the end.

I can’t really come up with constructive criticism since I don’t usually watch fan videos… but my only suggestion would be to make each clip that you use slightly shorter, otherwise it seems as if you are ripping big parts from the film. Maybe keep each clip 5 secs or shorter…? It would also make the pacing of the videos quicker.

But other than that it was very enjoyable. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your comments/critique rachel. I really appreciate that.

What do you have to say about my “First Incredibles Music Video”?

Wow, TSS, your music videos are brilliant! For your First Incredibles Music Video, I never would have thought about that idea. You made it work really well. :slight_smile: For the Violet Parr Music Video, I haven’t heard that song before until I watched it. The lyrics go really well with Violet’s character. Great job!

Just wondering, did you get the music from a sountrack?

Actually, I got the Mulan song from a SOundtrack. I got the “Believe in Myself” song from a website.

Okay guys, here comes a new video.

This one is a Music Video about Helen Parr/Elastigirl set to the song “Thats the Way It Is” by Celine Dion. It is a combination between a choreographed and tribute Music Video. When I was thinking of a video Idea for Helen, this came to my mind. So please enjoy.

Helen Parr Music Video

Comments, reviews, suggestions, critiques, critisisms, and flames welcomed.

That’s an awesome music vid, TSS! It’s really cool, the way you synchronised the lyrics to their respective clips. I must say, my style of music-video making is very similar to yours. When I create an MV, I listen to the lyrics first, and try to think which clip would match that line best, then I edit the clip to suit the duration of that clip. If there’s no music and it’s an instrumental section, then I just time the clips to the beats. It’s very satisfying when you trim and prune it so that when you take a step back and watch it, it just flows wonderfully as a cohesive whole, ya know? :slight_smile:
Oh, and I just love that final shot of Elastigirl springing off into the sunset as Celine’s voice echoes off. Very haunting, IMO, that’s the way how music video set to romantic ballads like this should end, in a feel-good, warm-fuzzy-feeling kind of way. Great work!
Oh, and some people think Celine Dion’s songs are corny, but I think they’re fantastic compared to the cheap, soulless ditties being cranked out nowadays. The lyrics are very powerful and she sings so earnestly. Some of my fave numbers are “A New Day Has Come”, “I’m Alive”, “At Last” (also sung by Etta James in the Wall-E trailer, how cool is that?), and the number one classic everyone groans to when the it begins to play, “My Heart Will Go On.” Maybe if you’re up for it, you could do another TI (or another Pixar movie, I’d really like to see your interpretations of the studio’s other masterpieces) music vid to any one of those songs.
And that’s the way it is… :sunglasses:

TSS, that music video was fabulous, and beautifully done. I don’t see a part that doesn’t fit. The clips matched and flowed with the song perfectly. Well done. :wink:

thedriveintheatre: Yeah, it does seem like our MV making style is almost, if not, completely identical.

Thank you for your comments on my Helen MV. I’ll tell you, even though it has been almost a year since I made the Helen MV, the ending gets me everytime. In addition, I will be doing another Helen MV sometime in the near futire, and thanks for your song suggestions. I needed a few.

PS: Have you checked my Violet MV yet?

BBD: Thanks you for your comments.

I like your attitude, The Star Swordsman. Not a lot of people can take constructive criticism and turn it into something positive (me included.) :wink:

Helen Parr music video: Probably one of the most annoying songs, so I can’t be objective about the choice of song… Heheh. I felt like the message with the music video wasn’t that clear, other than Helen’s love for her family. Was that the message? I also felt like the clips used didn’t have any significance with each other, or the music.

Violet Parr music video: Very nice theme, and loved the appropriateness of the song you chose. You have a real knack for matching up lyrics with what is on screen: i.e. The strong part with Mr. Incredible, and ‘I want to be cool’ part with Frozone, was really clever. Similarly, how you paced the footage with the music. If I could give some constructive critisism it would be to have a different intro from the Disney-Pixar logos every time, and at the end of this video you should have contrasted footage of Violet being shy, with Violet smiling. But this one would have to be my favourite of yours so far. Well done.=)

Let me explain to you about my Helen MV okay rachel?

FIrst off all, there was no intended message. All it was is just a simple tribute MV for Helen. I just listened to the song and picked the clips that seemed perfect. The song reminded me of Helen in a sense. Everytime I hear it, she pops into my head, even before I made this MV.

For the Violet one, I start with the Disney/Pixar logo to make it feel professional. It is like my little disclaimer as well. As for the ending, I like that suggestion. Next VIolet MV I do, I’ll take that into consideration.

But I think you for your comments.

Helen Parr:

8.9/10. Nothing much to say, just didn’t blow me away.

An 8.9 is still a very high score in my opinion WALLE!! Thanks!

TSS - I couldn’t quite put my finger on what the Helen MV was about, but now that I know it is a tribute it makes it easier to understand the message of the video. Thanks. But remember to take my critique with a grain of salt, as I don’t watch MVs so all I can say is what I personally like or don’t like, rather than what a good MV should be like. :wink:

Okay everyone, time to post a new MV. This one is just a tribute MV to my top two favorite characters: Violet and Helen. All I wanted to do is give each character their moment in the MV, then put them both in the chorus. I hope you all enjoy this MV. THis is the first time I ever did one with double characters.

And now, my Violet and Helen Parr Music Video. Please enjoy.

Anything from Praises to comments to critisisms to flames are accepted.

You have mad synchronisation skillz, TSS. The song was really easy to listen to and suited the theme really well. If Disney still made film clips (music videos) to go along with their movies, like they did in '90s, that song would be perfect and so would that MV, if it focused more on the family instead of those two, of course. I really liked how you focused on the relationship between Helen and Violet and the last segment of the video was very well picked and was a nice clip to go out on. And you know how I said I don’t like the Disney logo at the beginning, I changed my mind, I do like it. :wink:

Thank you rachel.

Expect another posted MV in about a day or two. I am just hoping for more reviewers.

Well, if you are a girl, I will guarentee you will find this MV very cute. This one is about Bob Parr. It is a general tribute to Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible. WHat I want to show is nothing can every match the strength and love for his family.

THis was made by my twin brother. He did a great job with this (with my help and suggestions. :laughing: )

Well, I hope you guys enjoy my/my twin bro’s Bob Par Music Video

Hey TSS! I watched a few of your videos, and here’s what I have to say:

First Incredibles Music Video: I never really cared for that song, but you seemed to pull it off really well on that video. Very rapid scene changing, which is great! I know in some of my own videos I use pretty long clips, but that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like to use them too often.

Violet Music Video: Sonic Adventure song? Haha! I loved the game and you picked a great song to use with that video. Also, I really liked how you gave it a storyline. I wanted to make a video like that, and this one will be my inspiration.

Helen Parr Music Video: Celine Dion. Good pick for the video. The music video was great, but the only thing I didn’t like was that there were scenes where she would just be talking. I don’t know if it would be possible to get in more active sequences, but that’s all I have to say about that one. A good tribute to a good movie.

You’re a great music video maker, and I hope to be just as good as you are. Also, I was afraid that I was making too many Wall•E videos, but your youtube channel showed me that it was okay to make a ton of videos from the same movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Tss,
I loved all your music videos. They must be alot of work.
directive,
Your Wall-E videos are great. Try to work on the sizes of the clips though.
From,
Mo