TSS's Fan-Made Videos

No update. However, there is something that I really want to share with you guys.

So I was checking my email when I got a message from youtube. It said,

Now I felt really excited about this. I checked my Incredibles video and it had already reached over 200,000 views. (Yes folks, it ain’t a typo) I never thought that my videos, even my profile, would become so popular. I mean, you just type the word “incredibles” and chances are you’ll get one of my videos as a top search.

This made me feel really proud of the videos I have made and my dedication to the movie that changed my life from the first day I saw it. Hopefully, this continues for years to come. (Now all I need Brad Bird to do is to make an Incredibles 2 so I can explore MV possibilities with that movie.)

FOr those of you who want to know what I did with the offer, I turned it down. I repliied to one of my friends on face book this:

So while I would love the idea to make money off my TI videos, I think that it isn’t going to work out.

Oh wow, TSS, that’s fantastic! That’s gotta be one of the most amazing things I’ve heard lately, good for you! All I can say is keep at it, you’ve got a good thing going. I haven’t actually checked out too many of your videos, I have to now! :smiley:

Wowee, that’s so totally freakin’ awesome, TSS! Massive kudos to you, you totally deserve it, man! Guessed all that hard work paid off, huh? :slight_smile:

Was it one particular video? I take it that way… haha, you’d think those men in suits would do the whole ‘copyright police’ thing, and they actually offered to sponsored you! Way to stick it to The Man! :smiley:

Haha, of course, I know you’re not out to ‘beat the system’. Like many fans here, you make fan videos out of the passion for the movie, and that is very commendable. It’s great YT recognised that talent. I do hope Mr Bird considers a sequel down the road so you have more footage to play with! :smiley:

And you did the right thing by refusing the offer. It’s nice that you have your ‘code of honour’… if it weren’t for the talented folks at Pixar, none of us would have been the video fan editors we are today… and for that, we must respect them. Peace! :sunglasses:

Whatchawaitinfor? :laughing:

You certain it was over 200,000 views, TSS? I just clicked on one of your links to the video, and it said it had only 836 views, combined with it being posted sometime in July, as opposed to a recent reposting, like I often do!

Besides, MY videos have gotten nowhere NEAR as many views as you describe, thought I admit the Pixar theme is not that popular (wait until TSS’s contest submission post, everyone else! :wink:). I’ve even forwarded the videos to as many people I know who might be interested, and one of them is only barely above 100 views when I wrote this, the other being even lower! Even despite the theme, I can more easily imagine my statistics and experience being your case, especially considering many people who like Pixar movies don’t regularly go online doing searches about them.

Yeah, I am 100% sure it was over 200,00 views. The video I am talking about is my 7 minute one. Here is the link.

[url]The Incredibles - YouTube

…Ah. Wrong video. Sorry about that. :blush:

I must say, I really envy your popularity. If only I got something at least close to that many views (over 215,000 last time I checked) for ANY of MY videos. Then again, yours was posted over two years ago, whereas the latest versions of mine were posted just less than two WEEKS ago, so, perhaps I’ll get something like that in the future, assuming no copyright issues ensue with my choices of music. :confused:

Again, sorry; I’m just REALLY eager about what messages I’m trying to convey, keeping in mind Pixar’s rumored upcoming movies.

For me, when I post videos, I ask myself, “What do the audience want to see and what would I love to do?” I noted that music videos are my specialty. Really soon, I shall try a recut. But my videos are popular because people want to watch them. When they type “incredibles” for a youtube search, I want my videos to be the videos of choice for viewers.

Again, I don’t mind the popularity. I don’t focus on that. In fact, that is the least of my concern. it just happens. What I focus on is having fun and showing the world that I am passionate about the Incredibles.

I’m really happy for you, TSS :slight_smile: ! That’s amazing! Over 200,000 views?! That’s just incredible. I’m so happy for you! And to get an offer to make money from it, and turn it down, that shows character. You did it for the right reasons. I can totally understand that. Still, it must’ve been pretty cool to have so many people love your video :wink: . And what you said is very true. It doesn’t matter how popular you are, all that matters is that you’re doing somthing you love. Because when you enjoy your work, it shows in the quality and feeling of the video. That’s probably why people like it so much. I’m glad for you, TSS. Good job, and God Bless you! You deserve it.

Cool :slight_smile: ! I can’t wait to see it! Might I ask what you have planed for it?

I know that that’s partially referring to me. I PM’d TSS about it, and, considering that I’ve submitted my video for the contest, it’s somewhat “safe” for me to say it now: I’m actually not much into popularity either. Heck, for my Halo Mods video on YouTube, it wouldn’t hurt THAT much if no one will ever see it despite it being easily accessible.

My two (make that three for the contest) Pixar-related videos are a different matter, however, but I don’t wish for many views for personal merit. What reason I DO have…well, see my submission as an example, which can now be accessed through my signature.

But enough of my rambling. I’ll let this thread go back on topic. :wink:

Violet Parr: It is supposed to be for the Pixar Planet Halloween Fan Video Contest. I’ll just say it has a horror theme to it.

Here is my newest MV everybody. I made this for the PP Halloween Video Contest. This was my very first recut. I was afraid of trying because most trailers use different soundtracks (which I don’t know a lot of) and use dialouge (which I can’t really extract perfectly from the music). but I hope you enjoy it. THe summary of the video goes as follows.

Years after losing his children in the line of duty, Mr. Incredible decides to seek revenge. His wife insisits to go with him. Fearing that he might lose her, he decides to go alone. Mr. Incredible successfully sneaks into the base, but ends up getting captured. Mr. Incredible is surprised to see that his captor is Syndrome, who was presume dead long ago.

Feeling that something if awfully wrong, Mrs. Incredible decides to look for her husband. Syndrome, meanwhile, tortures Mr. Incredible for taking away his dream and nearly taking away his life. In return, Syndrome decides to return the favor by taking away everything from Mr. Incredible. He orders a missile attack on Mrs. Incredible. She tries to escape, but too late. She dies in an explosion.

Mr. Incredible is now broken. He then goes on a killing spree, killing everyone on the island and finally, Syndrome.

So ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I leave you with one significant question: How much would you take . . . if everything was taken from you? :smiling_imp:

Enjoy.

The Incredibles Halloween Recut

As Rusty would say TSS…

Oh, man…
[shouts]
That was totally wicked!

Very action movie esque trailer… with the rapid edits… very well done sir! Keep them coming…

Aye Aye Captain!!! :wink:

I was hoping that I could portray a little bit of a horror theme to this video. I know it seems action packed, but I wanted to convey anger, pain, suffering, and ultimately, death for the bad guys.

Another great one, TSS :slight_smile: ! Usually, I prefer MV’s to recuts, but this was great :smiley: !!! It really seemed like a real trailer. It was cut and the voices were edited very well. I liked the words you chose. The line you chose was very good and creative. It really impressed me how smooth the whole thing was. The clips, the voices, everything. Very well done. For being your first recut, I’m impressed :slight_smile: ! Do you intend on doing any more?

BTW, do you actually intend on making this a part of your story line? I’d be really sad to see the kids die :cry: , though it is a very good story. Just curious.

Anyway, AWESOME video, TSS :slight_smile: . Very clean and professional looking. Can’t wait to see your next project! Incredible 5th. Anniversary, right :wink: ?

Violet Parr:

I am glad you liked my video. Thank you for your comments. I might do another recut in the future, but after going through the difficult process of making one, I might just stick with MVs for a while.

No, I don’t plan on using this for a stoyline. But it does sound like a cool idea though.

Once again, thanks for your comments. And you are right. My Incredibles 5th Anniversarry project is next.

As most of you already know, I have been complaining about my computer problems. So I will have to go on a temporary hiatus on any future MV projects.

Ah, shoot! Oh well, the longer you wait the more eager you become :slight_smile: . I’ll have patience. Still, can’t wait to see what you’ll do with it :smiley: !

Seeing that you like to make Incredibles fan videos, I have one question: Have you ever done one with “Holding Out For a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler?

I would, however, there are so many Incredibles videos on youtube that use that song. Besides, even though I like the song, it can get over used online for Super Hero songs.

I’ve been doing some planing for my next music video. Appearently, after I do my “The Incredibles: 5th Anniversary” video, I plan on making an all Pixar Villain Tribute.

Here is the list of villains I plan on using so far.

Sid
Scud
Hopper
Thumper (maybe)
Prospector
Al
Zurg (maybe)
Waternoose
Randall
Darla
P. Sherman
Syndrome