Turbo

I’m not too interested. I mean I’m sure I’ll rent it, but I’m not buying a poster or anything.

Yes, defintely something I plan to see when it hits the Redboxes

Finally saw a TV spot for it today… my interest is now piqued moreso than before. Is it weird that I love the way the snail characters animate? They look so squishy! :3

I like how the family is Mexican, that’s a nice change.

I don’t like the premise of this one, probably will watch this online a few months after the release.

Granted, a lot of animated films with silly and outlandish premises are released, and are still done really well. (IE like an old man flying his house to South America).

But there is something about this that is so…so I dont’ know, odd? I guess? Why on Earth would you put a snail in the Indy 500? HOW DO YOU GET TO THAT POINT. So I’m curious, but at the same time I don’t know if I can take this movie seriously.

^Exactly. Usually, I look forward to the odd plots for originality. But this is a…different type of original… 8D

If anyone has Netflix, there’s a 9-minute “Making of” featurette for the film if anyone’s interested. I might be watching it.

I’m still having a hard time getting with this movie, especially with scenes like THIS in it.

WARNING: Link rated TV-14. Viewer discretion is advised.

Upon seeing an actual trailer on DM2 a couple weeks ago, I’m really looking forward to this more and more. It’s looking to be a bit of the Cars films with a bit of Ratatouille, and with adorably cool snails and epic cars! (I mean, I about drooled at all this amazing Indy 500 animation I keep seeing :smiley: ) So the question remains… will I see it in theaters? I’m not entirely sure yet, but the idea of pairing Turbo with Planes as a double feature is almost too irresistible… gotta love the unlikely underdogs, right?

It might just be me, but the look of the movie looks more like a Pixar film than a Dreamworks film; I think it has something to do with the snails’ eyes.

Here’s a fun fact about snails: they’re actually hermaphrodites, so when two of them have sex, they get each other pregnant.

I know what you mean. You’re right. The typical DreamWorks jokes are there, but I wonder if the look was coincidental or kind of intentional. It looks like they might be replicating “that look” just a little. And actually, I think I did hear about that one fact from somewhere!

On the topic, it’s interesting how Samuel L. Jackson (Frozone’s voice) plays Whiplash. I wonder how this’ll turn out. I honestly don’t have a great clue, yet.

Goodness, I think Albinotankui is right! They do have Pixar-y looking eyes! That, plus the voice of Frozone, the racing stuff that gives it a Cars and the Ratatouille-ish premise… huh… I have to wonder… what’re you up to, DWA?

I’m not really excited for this movie. It seems like Shark tale part two to me. Maybe it’ll be good though, I haven’t made up my mind obviously. Pixarfan: is that really in the movie?

At least it doesn’t appear to have Will Smith Fish in it.

God, that’s disgusting.

Everything in that movie is. Even Nostalgia Critic think so. :sunglasses:

I think most people think so, including me. There are Shark Tale-y elements about it. Even if this is not good, I doubt I’ll dislike it more than that film, and definitely not as much as Antz. But I won’t know until I see it, which I doubt will be for at least several years. By which I mean, I only see films that are on my priority list, and the others I either get to much later or will never get to. I kind of don’t want to watch every film ever made.

Yeah, it would be hard to sink beneath Shark Tale. And I don’t like Antz either! I don’t see why most people do. I found it boring, and Z annoying.

Hah, did you mean to do that? I think the movie’s really obnoxious and irritating.

Also, A Bug’s Life FTW, dumb rip-off Antz! (I’m sorry fans. :blush: )

Oh, and I think that one graphic clip of the snail being smashed is in the movie. Or at least I saw it in a promotional video.

^Shark Tale was ok, but not the greatest movie ever. I didn’t hate it, but I’m sure I really liked it all that much either. Haven’t seen Antz, and I sure don’t intend to; sticking with ABL, too. Gahhh would you listen to me?! I’m being negative!! So sorry! Anyway, I’m still thinking of seeing Turbo… the only thing holding me back is the money to see it when I still have Planes and Frozen to see… :frowning:
I read a really good article on the making of it on Animation Magazine. Not sure if this’ll change anyone’s presumptions, but it definitely got me more interested.
animationmagazine.net/featur … t-mollusc/