Untitled Third Batman Movie (2012)

Will do. I’ll probably wait until I can buy it, though

Which movie did The Dark Knght remake? I’m just confused; I thought it was an original adaptation.

About the whole long movies thing: Last night my family spent like three hours watching Schindler’s List, and we only got through disc 1! :laughing:

I really don’t mind long movies.

love70ways, Christopher Nolan’s Batman series is an original adaptation. It is not a remake.

Thank you Tyler. I was just confused by Incredigirl.

It is a remake of Batman as it has the same villain-who was already killed, therefore it is impossible for it to be a sequel.

It was really more of a reboot than a remake. It uses the same source material and characters for its inspiration, but tells a different story and disregards the continuity of the previous non-Nolan Batman films.

It’s definetly NOT a remake, IndredigirlVirginia.

A reboot is a much better definition, as mogwai says.

Personally I prefer Nolan’s take on Batman, that is, darker and more realistic, to the 1989 Batman movie. I’m excited for the third installment, as TDK ended very abruptly.

Yes, the scene of the Joker dancing in the art gallery in the 1989 Batman epitomizes for me how bad it really is. I can’t even compare it with moments like the confrontation between the ferries or the interrogatory in The Dark Knight.

The Joker wasn’t killed at the end. The story is totaly different and has different characters. It’s a different series which means it’s not a remake.

People of Pixar Planet, until it is announced don’t believe there will be sequel.

Actually, the sequel IS announced, and has been official for a long time now: comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65650

But, as I said before, the title in this board is fake, as are the casting claims.

Even though it’s right there in my face, I will have a hard time to believe it.

Should another TDK sequel thread be created since this one was created way before it was announced and was based off fake posters?

I’m a little lost.

Why don’t you believe they’ll make a sequel. They do them all the time.

And maybe an administrator can change the title of this board once the real one comes out. For now, the thread could be named Untitled Third Batman Movie (2012).

The movie has had a title for months: The Dark Knight Rises.

I don’t like it :frowning:

It’s kind of cheap. Like "begins"or “returns”.

I’m hoping it’ll be as good as Batman & Robin. That movie was so awesome. I hated Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

In all seriousness, yes, I’m joking. To be honest, I haven’t seen any of the Batman films. I did watch a bit of The Dark Knight in school though, but I’ve barely seen the rest.

I think that Rises is an appropriate term for the film, after following and understanding the final events of the dark knight

The Dark Knight Rises to be filmed in Pittsburg?

metro.co.uk/film/860127-batm … pittsburgh

Also other stuff like apparently this third film (if this source is reliable) being the last in this universe and will undergo a reboot afterwards:

metro.co.uk/film/859494-batm … ight-rises

I’m not surprised. People possibly want to see …Batgirl and/or the first Robin or something EVENTUALLY (and maybe then eventually Nightwing later since he was the 1st Robin) and the fact is it would SO not fit in this universe for Batman to have kids like batgirl and Robin fighting beside him at all. It would look idiotic in the style of the current movies. It would need a less serious approach or something for a Robin and Batgirl storyline to be realistic anyway.

^ Both informations are correct.

The reasons of the reboot is to fit Batman in the universe of a potential Justice League movie.

the editor “annarborjack” or a moderator should update the tittle of this post

we could name it “The Dark Knight Rises” or something like the " central TDKR discussion" … just a suggestion