Untitled Third Batman Movie (2012)

None taken :smiley: I loved the original too, Jack Nicholson was hilarious (and creepy) as the Joker. I’m glad you can appreciate Heath Ledger in the role as well. I have a friend who despises the movie simply because he didn’t want to see the character played by anyone other than Nicholson.

I kinda know what you mean about Christian Bale, though. The man can act (The Machinist was amazing), but his “bat-voice” was very distracting. And ever since I heard he has anger issues, he kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The movie was long -two and a half hours- but I like it that way. Everytime I thought it was going to end, something else happened. And is it just me, or are movies getting longer? Remember when they used to be an hour and a half, two hours max? Now two and a half hours is almost standard. Unless a movie is very engaging, I can’t sit still that long :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I see that also. Back in the 50’s and 60’s(the golden age of live action feature film), all the big epics were 2-4 hours. Then, people got stupid and impatient, and films got shorter and more action-y. Now I think they’re starting to beef back up :smiley: Maybe someone besides Pixar will step up and take the initiative to make live-action films as special as Pixar films.

Wouldn’t that be nice? If everyone took the time it takes to make a truly great film? The most recent movie I saw that I loved was How to Train Your Dragon, and that’s…not live action :open_mouth: The most recent non-animated film I saw that I really liked was Shutter Island, but it’s nowhere near Pixar quality.

The longest movie I’ve ever seen was Gone With the Wind, clocking in at around 4 hours. I really liked the movie, but I had to watch it all in one go, cause the channel it was playing on didn’t show commercials, and they cut out the intermission :frowning: The one movie where I prayed for a commercial break…

I haven’t seen Gone With the Wind, but I’m really ashamed of that :blush: I need to see it…

It’s a great movie, you have to see it. But when you do, be sure it’s on a channel that has commercials :frowning: And when you’re done, go on youtube and watch the 15 minute condensed version by Carol Burnett, it’s hilarious.

Will do. I’ll probably wait until I can buy it, though

Which movie did The Dark Knght remake? I’m just confused; I thought it was an original adaptation.

About the whole long movies thing: Last night my family spent like three hours watching Schindler’s List, and we only got through disc 1! :laughing:

I really don’t mind long movies.

love70ways, Christopher Nolan’s Batman series is an original adaptation. It is not a remake.

Thank you Tyler. I was just confused by Incredigirl.

It is a remake of Batman as it has the same villain-who was already killed, therefore it is impossible for it to be a sequel.

It was really more of a reboot than a remake. It uses the same source material and characters for its inspiration, but tells a different story and disregards the continuity of the previous non-Nolan Batman films.

It’s definetly NOT a remake, IndredigirlVirginia.

A reboot is a much better definition, as mogwai says.

Personally I prefer Nolan’s take on Batman, that is, darker and more realistic, to the 1989 Batman movie. I’m excited for the third installment, as TDK ended very abruptly.

Yes, the scene of the Joker dancing in the art gallery in the 1989 Batman epitomizes for me how bad it really is. I can’t even compare it with moments like the confrontation between the ferries or the interrogatory in The Dark Knight.

The Joker wasn’t killed at the end. The story is totaly different and has different characters. It’s a different series which means it’s not a remake.

People of Pixar Planet, until it is announced don’t believe there will be sequel.

Actually, the sequel IS announced, and has been official for a long time now: comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65650

But, as I said before, the title in this board is fake, as are the casting claims.

Even though it’s right there in my face, I will have a hard time to believe it.

Should another TDK sequel thread be created since this one was created way before it was announced and was based off fake posters?

I’m a little lost.

Why don’t you believe they’ll make a sequel. They do them all the time.

And maybe an administrator can change the title of this board once the real one comes out. For now, the thread could be named Untitled Third Batman Movie (2012).

The movie has had a title for months: The Dark Knight Rises.

I don’t like it :frowning:

It’s kind of cheap. Like "begins"or “returns”.