Up Awards

I would love to see the Oscar ballots for Best Picture. I don’t expect Up to win BP, but I would bet money that a lot of people ended up ranking it in their top 4 or 5. It is still favored to win Animated Feature, and Score. (And I’m still hoping that Dug turns up as an animated presenter - assuming they’re doing that this year, although it’s become a pretty regular thing.)

OscarOscarOscar, come on, let’s go! I can’t remember the last time I stayed up for the whole show, and I am going to be useless on Monday morning, but I can’t wait!

I really like Up, but I don’t think that it’s gonna win Best Picture. I think it might win every other category it was nominated for.

UP ust won 2 oscars!!!

Best Animation
Best Music

I’m so thrilled for Docter and Giacchino!! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Congrats on Best Animated and Best Music, Pixar! The ceremony is still ongoing, so fingers crossed for Best Pic… though I wouldn’t place my hopes too high.

Hurt Locker got Best Picture, so that leaves Up with Best Animated Feature and Best Score.
Finally Michael Giacchino got his well-deserved Oscar. :smiley:

And btw., Logorama, which won Best Animated Short, contains a BnL logo… :wink:

Congrats to Up for all of its nominations and wins.

It does?! Where?! %D

Anyways, BAF win, Score win, and BP nom. Not bad at all. :smiley:

It appears somewhere near the end of the film, half sunken, from what I can remember.

I think it’s a great idea to put the BnL logo in there, as the concept of the short is a world which consists of nothing but corporate logos and mascots.
So BnL’s “we basically own the whole world, including you” attitude fits rather nicely. :wink:

Up for Best Animated and Best Score! Awesome! I think Bob Peterson got robbed for Best Original Screenplay. I really wanted to see him on that stage, but still, it’s a win for Pixar. 2nd feature win, and a BP nom is really great.

I really wanna see how it did against the rest. Is there any way we can find out?

Congratulations for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score awards! By the way, Michael Giacchino is the first to win BOS award with roots from the video game industry.

I was very glad to see Up win for Best Animated, and of course Michael for Best Score – both much deserved.

I also enjoyed both acceptance speeches (they seemed to be very strict this year about keeping them short): Pete Docter’s mention of making flip-books as a kid (something I used to do all the time myself) and Michael’s about those around him encouraging him and never saying things were a waste of time.

Congratulations to Pete Docter, Michael, and the talented folks at Pixar! I know very well how fortunate I was to be just a small part of this.

(And I’m sure Michael will forgive the two presenters for mispronouncing his name! :slight_smile: )

So pleased that Up got Best Animated Feature and that Michael Giacchino got Best Score! I agree with you miafka, their acceptance speeches were brilliant, some of the best of the night.

Woohoo! Congrats to Mssrs. Docter, Peterson, Rivera, and all the Up gang for the Best Animated Feature win, and to the Magnificent Mr. G. for his Best Score win! (Yes, I noticed they were struggling with his name - luckily he was the only “Michael,” so once they got that out, we knew he’d won.) And another big congrats to everyone for the Best Picture nomination, which is a distinction in itself. I was pleased that they chose the bit with little Carl & Ellie to represent the screenplay, and I wondered how many home viewers were thinking, “Why is Samuel L Jackson introducing the cartoon?” :wink:

Congrats, again, to all involved with Up!!

Holy moley! Frozone? I hope someone posts a video of this online.

Well, a hearty congratulations to Pete Docter, Michael Giachinno and the production team for their awesome wins. You guys are the kings of the world! :slight_smile:

Congrats to Up for winning Best Animated Feature and Best Original Score. Looking forward for Toy Story 3 to do the same.

Congrats to Pixar and Up for it’s nominations and it’s wins. They definately deserved it. :wink:

Congrats to UP for its 2 Oscars!! Totally deserving of both of them. And congrats especially for its nomination for best picture!

The awards just keep rolling in:

Humane Society’s Genesis Award

Best American Film at the Danish Film Critics’ Bodil awards

Congratulations! :smiley:

Up won Favorite Animated Movie at the Kids Choice Awards yesterday.

Congrats!

Awards Season - The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

I recorded the rerun of the Kids’ Choice Awards this afternoon and never did see them give out Animated Feature. Did they cut it from the rebroadcast?