'Up' board

I had a feeling Mikey G would be scoring this.

miafka: How long before they start scoring a film do they start hiring musicians?

So, Michael Giacchino is for sure scoring it, but what about plot? Is it confirmed that it is about a 70yr old with a ranger fighting monsters?

The plot has indeed been confirmed.

YESSSSSSSS! Michael Giachinoooooooooo!!! :mrgreen:

That is awesome news! I was really hoping he would score Up! WOO HOO!

Alright! Giachinno is doing the score for this! I can’t wait to see it! I hope the realese date comes soon.

TSS: It has indeed been announced - May 29 2009!

Great to hear that Mr. Giacchino is on board. Once I heard that Stanton was bringing Thomas Newman back for Wall-E (which, the score and the film is probably the first really overrated thing Pixar’s done) I thought that Mr. Docter would bring in Randy Newman (who did Monsters, Inc.) But I’m glad to see that it’s gonna be Giacchino, he’s easily the best composer Pixar’s used (heck, they basically discovered him- or at least introduced him to legions of fans).

Plus, the Giacchino fan in me is geeking out, cause with this, that means he had three big film scores with a two month (or so) window, first he’s scoring J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek, then three weeks later he’s scoring Up, and then he’s attached to score something called ‘Land of the Lost’ that July. Plus, he’s obviously gonna score 1906, which hopefully opens the following December. So, wow! Four Giacchino scores in just over half a year. He’s sure gonna be busy.

So how was the teaser trailer?

As announced earlier, there was no Up trailer. :cry:
But on the bright side there was a nice Bolt trailer.

Yeah i was really dissapointed. I thought there was gonna be a teaser for it. Pixar always does that, like how they showed the Wall-e teaser at Ratatouille last year , but I guess I just have to wait. :frowning:

Really? I must have missed the memo. Anyway, that’s weird. I was wondering why no one had mentioned it yet and was looking forward to seeing a little more about it.

[url]http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/8423/tcid/1[/url]

So there’s info for Up now. We’ll have more in late July I’m sure.

Let’s get the Up board started! :slight_smile:

I hope that would mean the debut for the Up teaser… Probably not, but that sure would make up for the Bolt trailer that they had to attach to WALL-E.

I suspect Disney will attach the Up teaser to Beverly Hills Chihuahua or HSM3 to force Pixar fans to go see them. :laughing: :angry:

Won’t affect us though, we’ll find 'em online. :wink:

It’s freakin time for an UP-Board.

My guess is that a (teaser) trailer for UP will be released with BOLT.

The Disney/Pixar panel is going on right now at Comic-Con. Hopefully we’ll get some cool updates around the net soon.

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting

blog.spout.com/2008/07/26/comic- … r-bolt-up/

the detailed transcript of the Disney/Pixar panel!

UPDATE: The official site! (with a sort of teaser…)
disney.com/up
disney.com/up
disney.com/up

Thanks so much for the official site link,as well as the transcript link! It’s nice to [spoil]see/hear his face/voice finally.[/spoil]

Second that! When I first saw the first few images for the movie, I hadn’t looked closely to notice that [spoil]the balloons where holding up a floating house![/spoil] So definitely a surprise for me when I saw it! :wink: