'Up' board

Of course I knew the film had nothing to do with Monsters, Inc. It was just a funny resemblance, since the door is a main plot point in Monsters, Inc. and it’s wide open in the Up concept art.

Oh, yeah! The house is flying! Now the title is starting to make sense…

Actually, this film is about the young guy and the old guy slaying monsters in the wilderness. So maybe we can expect a few monster cameos. But other than that I think the whole tone of the film will be different than with Monsters, Inc…

Oh, no, I wasn’t saying that you thought the film had to do with Monsters, Inc.. I just added that little “I don’t think…” bit there in my second sentence to let you know what my thoughts are - it wasn’t meant to be a rebuttal. :slight_smile:

I apologize if that came across as a sarcastic remark.

The funny thing is, I was reading Pete Docter’s quote that I used in my previous post, and didn’t even notice what he said about the hero, “[fighting] beasts and villains…”

Thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

CountSolo- I didn’t find your response rude or anything, I just wanted to clear what i said up, and I think what you said helped me do so, so thanks!
rachelcakes1985- It would be hilarious if he was fighting a Monsters, inc. monster and I (and other Pixar/animation fans) where the only ones laughing!

Ah, I see… Thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

And yes, it would be pretty funny to see a monster from Monsters, Inc. fight the main character.

Although it would be funny, it’s unlikely. But it might make a great easter egg. Such as the character just about to fight George from MI, the guy tosses a human object at him, when someone shouts “2319!” and the CDA come and shave George down again.

At least I’d laugh.

LOL that would be hilarious. 8D Watch the fanfics come rushing in now…

What’s even funnier (not really) is that I always thought it said monsters and villains until I re-read it just now. I’m guessing that “beasts” are not the same thing as “monsters”, but you never know. And what would a “villain” be in this film anyway? Why would they need to differentiate between a beast and a villain? Maybe there is going to be a human villain in this film…

Great idea. I hope Pixar are reading this and do put that on the DVD. Yeah, all of us Pixar fanatics would get the joke, at least. I don’t think seeing George get shaved down, and basically violated, ever gets old. He he. (Oh man, that sounds a bit wrong, doesn’t it?)

Good point. Maybe the villain would be a robot, in which case they’d be paying homage to WALL•E instead of Monsters, Inc. :wink:

Maybe we should all wait for the movie to see what the plot will be. 8D

That’s always my view on these things. :laughing: Speculating about stuff too much sort of spoils it, for me at least.

Man I love reading all these posts. Such incredible ideas and speculation.

Only a few more months until we can see an Up preview before WALL-E! Monsters, Inc. is my favorite Pixar film to date (especially with that amazing ending), so I can’t wait to see what Pete Docter has been up to!

RaeKasey: you can say that again. I can’t wait either.

Here’s a CGI Animated version of that picture.

That looks awesome. The old man is so short. He he.

Just by looking at that picture … I think I’m going to like this film. :smiley:

People who read the UP spoilers know why the house is flying.

Did anyone ever notice what the newspaper says in the picture with the airplanes and Carl Fredricksen?
It says Municiberg Herald!! A likely referrence to The Incredibles!!
Also the umbrella in the corner may be the same one as the one Mabel mistakes for a gun in Ratatouille.

I noticed the The Incredibles reference, but not the umbrella. Nice spotting, martini! You can also see a better image of the house on the newspaper - for some reason it has a picture of a skull on the door.