"Up" coming to Blu-ray/DVD.... in November

Sounds like the DVD and Blu Ray release is good. I can’t wait to get it when it comes out in Feburary of next yeat (Though that was on Wikipedia and you know how reliable they are. I mean, they are good, but I mean guessing stuff)

I’m probably going to get the Blu-Ray, since I’ll have gone Blu by that time.

Haha, nice picture story you’ve got there Fett.

I haven’t ordered mine yet, but I think I’ll ask my mom soon. They look soft :stuck_out_tongue:

Someone on the sideshowfreaks forums got their Lamp+UP combo in. looks nicer than I was expecting based on the promo pics, though Im dissapointed to hear its permanently attached to the base. Im wondering how hard it would be to separate them, and whether the electronics would still work.

Theres a few more pics here.
sideshowcollectors.com/forums/sh … hp?t=66815

I’m trying to convince my parents to let us get the Up Blu-ray before Christmas, cuz I just can’t wait any longer to watch it in all it’s 1080p glory!! D8 A couple friends of ours have offered to let us borrow their DVD version, but it’s just not the same!!! (I’m spoiled hurr hurr)

Plus I think my parents see it as like a tradition or something to get us the year’s Pixar film at Christmas, and never earlier. The only exception was Ratatouille, cuz we begged for it. :laughing:

little chef

Yeah! My copy of the blu-ray has just shipped :smiley: .

Officially it’s not coming out until next wednesday, but my e-tailer shipped it out already. The mail takes just 1 day to ship here (if all goes well), so i’ll probably be watching it tomorrow.

I ordered the 4-disc version. It’s the first time disney is releasing a digital copy along with a blu-ray here. Glad the idea finally crossed the big pond. I’m going to put it on my iPod Touch right away :sunglasses: .

Sixteen December seems so far away. D:

^ Christmas seems even farther away. It’s been out on Blu-ray since November and we have to wait until freakin’ Christmas to get it or watch it again!!! tears hair out and cries

little chef

@ badger - I just got it :smiley: ! 5 full days ahead of the release! The 4-disc pack is really beautiful. It is a digipack release, with cool artwork inside the box! I’ll post pictures later on.

If you want it, you could order it on www.freerecordshop.nl . I got it from there, if you order before 19:00 you should (don’t pin me down on it!) get it by tomorrow!

Btw, I just tried installing the digital copy. Mannnn, did Disney ***k up the first digital copy release in the Netherlands! I tried to install the English version, instead it gave me the French file… now my code is invalid… great!

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that “Up” will be the first Pixar movie to be released with Estonian dubbing on Blu-ray.

The bad news is that Buena Vista has decided that Baltic countries do not need 2-disc releases so the Estonian release will be only 1-disc. That means I have to buy it twice: the UK release and the Estonian release. :unamused:

Pictures of the 4-disc blu-ray set form the Netherlands!

I don’t believe the US version was a digipack, was it? Anyway, I’m really happy with the set!

Aww man, you guys got better boxart inside the case! That’s really cool, I especially love the one of Carl inside. :slight_smile: Thanks for the pics!

That’s a pretty neat case.
Here is a first look at the outside of the German 4-disc set (albeit in GIF format, geez… why use GIF anymore these days?)

The only downside with that kind of packaging it is impossible to provide a flip-cover to get rid of the humongous FSK rating logo.

It looks like Germany is getting the same packaging as the Netherlands from the looks of it, totoro!

You are right about the rating, damn! Can it be any bigger :laughing: ?

When is its releasedate? I think the Netherlands is pretty much alone in releasing the film to dvd and blu only two months after the theatricla release :astonished: .

Love the inside art of the Netherlands Bluray, but my only problem is how plain and almost illegal looking the DVD copy is. :stuck_out_tongue:

…ASDFasdffdsaf.

DO WANT EVER SO MUCH.

steals mine. >)

Seriously, that is like, the HOLY GRAIL for an Up-nerd as I…

Haha, yeah, it kinda does look like a fan cover. Still, that’s some amazing box art. Gotta love those stills.

Oh God this is awesome I JUST GOT THE UP DVD

and it is all cool and awesome and DVDy and…

I GOT A FREE UP POSTER WITH IT LOL. :smiley:

It was actually two days earlier than I thought it’d be released.

Yeah, the DVD looks a bit illigalish… but I like the simplicity.

I checked the pre-order on Amazon UK and it seems that the BD combi-pack here is just the Blu-Ray and the DVD, therefore no digital copy. I wonder how the other editions are going to handle, since the UK DVD will just end up single-disc.

EDIT: Just double checked on Amazon UK. Apparently, there’s also going to be another Blu Ray combi pack of UP in the UK. The only difference between the two is that one contains a Digital Copy of the film, so there’s a 3-Disc edition (2 disc Blu Ray and 1 DVD) and a 4 Disc edition (2 disc Blu Ray, 1 DVD and the Digital Copy disc) on Blu Ray.

This seems like the best place to put it; keep your eye on the holiday commercials for UP for a cute end with Dug dressed like Rudolph.

The release date for Up on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia is
Wednesday, 13 January. The will be a single disc DVD($30) and a 3 disc Blu-ray (includes 2 disc Blu-ray and DVD-$40.) So, we don’t get the 4 disc Blu-ray and the and the 2 disc DVD, kinda sucks. I think I will get the 3-disc Blu-ray, even though we don’t have a Blu-ray player yet, hopefully we will soon.
Look at them on EzyDVD:
[url]http://www.ezydvd.com.au/list.zml?ids=809253&ids=809983[/url]