"Up" coming to Blu-ray/DVD.... in November

Aww man, you guys got better boxart inside the case! That’s really cool, I especially love the one of Carl inside. :slight_smile: Thanks for the pics!

That’s a pretty neat case.
Here is a first look at the outside of the German 4-disc set (albeit in GIF format, geez… why use GIF anymore these days?)

The only downside with that kind of packaging it is impossible to provide a flip-cover to get rid of the humongous FSK rating logo.

It looks like Germany is getting the same packaging as the Netherlands from the looks of it, totoro!

You are right about the rating, damn! Can it be any bigger :laughing: ?

When is its releasedate? I think the Netherlands is pretty much alone in releasing the film to dvd and blu only two months after the theatricla release :astonished: .

Love the inside art of the Netherlands Bluray, but my only problem is how plain and almost illegal looking the DVD copy is. :stuck_out_tongue:

…ASDFasdffdsaf.

DO WANT EVER SO MUCH.

steals mine. >)

Seriously, that is like, the HOLY GRAIL for an Up-nerd as I…

Haha, yeah, it kinda does look like a fan cover. Still, that’s some amazing box art. Gotta love those stills.

Oh God this is awesome I JUST GOT THE UP DVD

and it is all cool and awesome and DVDy and…

I GOT A FREE UP POSTER WITH IT LOL. :smiley:

It was actually two days earlier than I thought it’d be released.

Yeah, the DVD looks a bit illigalish… but I like the simplicity.

I checked the pre-order on Amazon UK and it seems that the BD combi-pack here is just the Blu-Ray and the DVD, therefore no digital copy. I wonder how the other editions are going to handle, since the UK DVD will just end up single-disc.

EDIT: Just double checked on Amazon UK. Apparently, there’s also going to be another Blu Ray combi pack of UP in the UK. The only difference between the two is that one contains a Digital Copy of the film, so there’s a 3-Disc edition (2 disc Blu Ray and 1 DVD) and a 4 Disc edition (2 disc Blu Ray, 1 DVD and the Digital Copy disc) on Blu Ray.

This seems like the best place to put it; keep your eye on the holiday commercials for UP for a cute end with Dug dressed like Rudolph.

The release date for Up on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia is
Wednesday, 13 January. The will be a single disc DVD($30) and a 3 disc Blu-ray (includes 2 disc Blu-ray and DVD-$40.) So, we don’t get the 4 disc Blu-ray and the and the 2 disc DVD, kinda sucks. I think I will get the 3-disc Blu-ray, even though we don’t have a Blu-ray player yet, hopefully we will soon.
Look at them on EzyDVD:
[url]http://www.ezydvd.com.au/list.zml?ids=809253&ids=809983[/url]

It looks at first glance like the 3-Disc Blu-Ray is the same as the US 4-Disc EXCEPT for the US inclusion of the digital copy (that’s what US Disc 4 is).

I was Googling to find out when the Up release date is for the UK (it slipped my mind) and I came across an article that I wasn’t aware of before- Disney climbs down over Up DVD release.

I didn’t realise that there had been any ideas to bring the release of the DVD forward so much, but I think it would’ve been too soon if the plan had gone ahead. But I guess having to wait until mid-Frebruary is still quite a gap seeing as a lot of other countries obviously already have the DVD and Blu-ray.

apixarfan- I’m sure it was the same with the WALL-E Blu-ray, in that we also didn’t get the digital copy with that release either. I’ve no idea why we keep missing out on the digital copies of each release, as it’d be pretty useful to have.

It was available at my local store, but the rack was EMPTY! More coming, I am told. Definitely one to add to the collection.

Does anyone know what the extras are like? I didn’t even get to read a package!

As it turned out the German packaging for the 4-disc set is very different from the one sold in the Netherlands.
It’s basically just a slightly thicker version of a standard Blu-ray case with a cardboard sleeve around it.
The dutch case looked so much nicer!

(Don’t want to create a new topic, so I assume that no one will mind me bumping this)

I got the 4-disc superset today. Can’t wait to see the movie in high defintion. I already downloaded the digital copy to my iPod.

My plan is to get the same superset as you sometime this week, apixarfan. It’s gonna be great to go in the shops and see Up on the shelves!

Although it was released in November here in the US, I finally ordered Up on Blu-Ray off of Amazon! Bout time right! :blush:

Really interesting read that. The film industry just cannot seem to get to grips with consumer demand. As for the theaters, they are their own worst enemy, they are so fearful of everything. It’s ironic because back in the day when TV first became popular the industry feared it apart from Walt Disney of course who embraced it.

The film industry needs to show a similar approach to the latest technologies. It’s what the people want and they will get it, with or without them. That doesn’t mean the end for the cinemas though. There will always be a demand for that big screen, shared experience. British football had this fear in the 80’s that too much football on TV would kill the game however look at what’s happened in the UK the last 15 years - wall to wall football, live matches every day and yet attendances have gone up. Why? Because nothing beats the shared experience of actually being there and the cinema is exactly the same - you can’t beat a night out at the flicks. The only trouble, particularly here in the UK, is that it’s such a rip off. The movie industry and the theaters if they get together and really think about it have an opportunity to succeed massively where the music industry has failed. Bring their prices down and embrace the technology.

Having said all of that this particular issue with UP could have been easily avoided if Pixar had just given the UK a summer release like everywhere else. :smiling_imp:

Hopefully the UP superset will sell well and will become a standard for future releases. I’m still waiting for delivery of mine :imp:

EDIT- Please don’t double post within 24 hours, thanks!

-lizardgirl

I completely agree, Deszo, this all could’ve easily been avoided. Well, at least the Toy Story 3 release in the UK isn’t going to be as much of a wait as it was for Up.

And welcome to the boards! :smiley:

Oops, sorry!

It’s just about bearable this time!!!