"Up" coming to Blu-ray/DVD.... in November

As long as the bonus features include a Director Commentary, or something to that extent, I’ll be happy. The Cars and Ratatouile DVD’s I saw didn’t have anything like that, and it was a bit of a bummer.

I agree. I wonder who will be on the commentary for Up. I love the Toy Story DVD commentaries because they have quite a few people in them, so it’s more of a discussion and the people sort of bounce off of each other. I’d still enjoy a one or two person commentary either way.

I would think the Up commentary would have to be at least Pete Docter and Bob Peterson. Maybe Jonas Rivera, too, since he seems to have done a lot of interviews for this. They would make a good group.

Yeah, hopefully we can hear from Ronnie Del Carmen as well, I’d like to hear from the other co-writer. Seems like he doesn’t get much attention aside from what i’d heard Pete say about him, and apparently he was very integral to some story development. I’m really eager to hear some great commentary from Pete and Bob, and the behind the scenes art feature I posted earlier kinda got me interested in how Jonas’s involvement contributed as well.

Ahh, I can’t wait! I wonder if Lou’s gonna be in any of the features, it’d be a bit odd considering he left,…

Pre-orders are UP!

DVD: disneystore.com/disney/pixar … 949/13099/
Blu-ray: disneystore.com/disney/pixar … 947/13099/

Really looking forward to it! Too bad I have no BD player. :frowning:

Alternate scene? Hmm…now you’re talking…

…wow, there’s a large difference between the amount of Blu-Ray features and Regular DVD features.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m going to hold off on the UP release and snag it on Blu-Ray later.

There will be 2-Disc DVD edition with more bonus features.

Good. :smiley: I hate bare bones DVDs.

Come on, November! Woohoo! And honestly, that’s why I’m going Blu-Ray this time - all the extra extras you get. I want the maximum amount of Bonus Features!

List of Blu-ray exclusive extras:
Cine-Explore
Global Guardian Badge Game
Geography Game
8 Documentary featurettes

No audio commentary then ? :imp:

Also, what’s this trend with Disney Blu-rays ? When you buy a movie in Blu-ray, you have to buy the DVD of the same movie with it. How stupid is this ? I will still buy the Blu-ray of Up, but I’ll feel stupid and robbed.

I want those featurettes!!! Do they have to dupe dedicated fans like this? >_<

disneystore.com/disney/pixar … 949/13099/

Disc art is UP!

I see no 2-disc version. I will be EXTREMELY dissappointed if there is no 2-disc release, or 3-disc. DVD.

Not a huge deal for me, I’m gonna probably end up getting the DVD and Blu-Ray both eventually, because I don’t have a Blu-Ray player yet, but I need Up ASAP.

This is a bit off topic, but are there any features on the DVD’s that aren’t on the Blu-Rays for the other Pixar films? Just wondering if I’m gonna need both for the maximum Pixar features.

Marketing dude, marketing. It’s like iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS.

Marketing dude, marketing. It’s like iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS.

Uhh, what the heck?

Anyway, I love the cover on the Blu-Ray, new renders of the characters are really great to see, kind of like the German poster, and the DVD flyer, really cool!

As for the extra features, that is a bit upsetting, but I can’t wait to get my Blu-Ray player and copy of the film, gonna be awesome!

ffdude1906: Blame it on stupid internet connection during daytime here.

Mods: Do you mind if you delete some of my double-post up there? Thanks.