"Up" coming to Blu-ray/DVD.... in November

Up is up now on Amazon’s US site for pre-ordering the DVDs (both the normal DVD and the BluRay) but without a release date and (probably because of this) only a very small discount (as of now, only 10% off, which should get substantially better once a release date has been finalized), so even though Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee, I’m still going to wait for a while before pre-ordering. Once the release date is firm, I’m sure we’ll see the price lower. But for those who want to check out the pages:
Up DVD:
amazon.com/Up-Edward-Asner/d … 507&sr=8-3
Up DVD (BluRay):
amazon.com/Up-Blu-ray-Edward … 507&sr=8-1

On all previous Pixar Blu-ray releases Cine-Explore was basically a souped-up audio commentary, with additional visual goodies you could enable.
So it is highly likely that there will be an audio commentary on the Up Blu-ray as well.

Awesome!! I will be getting the Blu-Ray!!

There’s a good reason they package Blu-Rays with a DVD copy as well, especially with movies that are popular with kids/families. You might have one Blu-Ray player in the household with the main living room TV, but still have DVD in the minivan, in the kids’ playroom, on your laptop, etc. Doing the Blu-Ray/DVD combo means you can get the full Blu-Ray experience, but you (or the kids) can also watch the movie on the road or in other parts of the house.

Wouldn’t it have been nice of them to include a CD of the full score? Oh, well.

Yeah, I had mentioned that, they STILL need a hard copy of the soundtrack, I’m so incredibly annoyed about that. Would have been a good idea to include it in the movie, I’d even be willing to pay like 5 bucks extra, but noooOOOOooo. >.>

I’m waiting for UK release (probably in February like Ratatouille?) and I’m hoping that it will be reasonably priced. I don’t need digital copy nor DVD.

Hey, that Luxo Collection thingy, is that gonna include all the Pixar Blu-Rays (including Up and Monsters when it comes out, Monsters is slated to release on Nov.10th here I believe as well)? I’ll probably just end up getting that once I get my Blu-Ray player, and just have the Up DVD until then. That is 400 bucks though, ouch,…

Wow - I had not heard of “Cine-Explore” before, but after reading a couple of other things online about how it was used on the Cars and Ratatouille Blu-Rays, I’m excited!! (It’s like “Commentary-PLUS!” Gonna be cool!)

ffdude, from what I’ve read, the Luxo set has a place to store your Pixar Blu-Rays, but “Up” is the only Blu-Ray included.

So just the box, Blu-Ray, and lamp are 200 bucks? That’s a bit ridiculous, there’s gotta be something else in there, that doesn’t make sense.

It is ridiculous, but thats how much it costs, and thats all it comes with.well, and the dvd case holder thing.

also, it appears to be plastic instead of metal, which makes it even more outrageous. it outta be metal for that much.

Still, Ive always wanted a real life version of that lamp, and no matter how hard I tried, I could never find anything close to it. I thought it would be easy if they really did base it on a real lamp, but all the googling in the world and I couldn’t find any. so I will be getting this as soon as I can afford to.

I found cover art at DVDizzy for a deluxe DVD set. It has a digital copy, but I have no idea what sort of Bonus features it could have on the DVD. No other info, but it does look legit.

2-Disc Features

4-Disc Blu-ray Features

Source: dvdactive.com/news/releases/up.html

A couple more features and they stick $10 extra? I’m still disappointed in the number of extras in the 2-disc DVD. Is it known if the 1-disc has the commentary?

THis is AWESOME! I have to get this on opening day…that is if I can scrape up the money.

Those are nice front covers, though the only qualm I have is how, on the front of the Blu-ray and two disk DVD versions, Kevin seems to be floating in mid-air. Unless she can fly, in which case I’ll just shut up now. :laughing:

But yeah, I’ll definitely go for the Blu-ray, not just because of the extra features but I’m sure Up will look amazing in high definition. I haven’t read the details of the extra features in case of spoilers, but it seems like there’s a fair amount there- an improvement on some of Pixar’s previous DVD releases.

Maybe they’re getting close to the ground, and Kevin is standing on the ground where they are about to land (she is very tall). :smiley:

I’m so excited about all the extras on the Blu-Ray!

Haha, I love those covers! There’s a problem though, I wanted to grab the Blu-Ray and DVD, but if I want both covers, I’ll have to skip out on the features until I get a Blu-Ray player, that just doesn’t fly. Really?! If only the 2 disc had the regular DVD cover, I’d be happy (and yes, I realize that there’s a DVD in the Blu-Ray, but I want that cover!)

Gettin the Blu-ray for sure. I’ll have that and Wall-e on Blu-ray by then! :smiley:

I love those covers, I can’t wait to get the Blu-Ray. Probably coming out in France on November 29th but it’s not official yet so …fingers crossed.

I’m pretty dissapointed. I thought that Up would follow the same set up as Wall-E’s release, make the deluxe DVD edition worthwhile and not just make all of those features exclusives to BluRay.