Up Critical Reviews

That is a given. When that guy gives Pixar a good review, the world will end. :laughing:

Heā€™s an infamous contrarian, you canā€™t please everyone. The guy calls Chicken Little and Teacherā€™s Pet ā€œgood animation,ā€ spent a whole ā€œreviewā€ of Coraline to grind against WALL-E (to make up for the last time he didnā€™t bash it when it was hot, I guess) and has voiced many ā€œunpopularā€ (read: absurd) opinions so be it. :unamused:

Lol. Some people just shouldnā€™t even deserve to be considered a movie critic.
The fact that he hated films such as Star Trek, The Dark Knight, and WALL-E, might show a sign that thereā€™s something wrong with him more so than the movie itself.
Perhaps he does exactly what Anton Ego said: He thrives on negative criticism, because it is both fun to write as it is fun to read, and it gets him more recognition simply because he starts controversy with negative words.

^ He does get recognition for doing just that. Now one down, two more to goā€¦

Well, the 100% perfection on RT has been destroyed thanks to Armond White. Still, 98% is very good.

rottentomatoes.com/m/up/

Now Joe Morgenstern has bumped it down to 96%. I donā€™t think it will drop much lower than that, and in fact it may rise back up to 98%.

Sorry if already been posted. :blush:

rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ā€¦ /905279997

He gave it Four Stars! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Woohoo!

106 Positive reviews, 98%, and a 8.6 average!

Upā€™s doing fantastically!

If fresh films do better than rotten ones at the box office, Upā€™s got some money heading itā€™s way!

The guy using Chicken Little as an example of good character writing while dissing Up and WALL-E makes me laugh like a maniac.

chud.com/articles/articles/19643 ā€¦ Page1.html
Devin from CHUD.com with his glowing review gave it a 10/10.

I loved this movieā€¦period. It awsome in so many ways, the movie knows when to it gets serious, I just loved it. It actually made me want to ā€¦I donā€™t want to spoil it but it was that good. :smiley:

(Re-posted because I did not notice the blatant topic labeled ā€œUp Critical Reviewsā€.)

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ā€¦ 7789-bumup

ā€œChester Bumā€ Is one of the many roles Doug plays on his popular video review website, where he is best known as ā€œThat Guy With The Glassesā€, or ā€œThe Nostalgia Criticā€. Dougā€™s ā€œBumā€ role is best known for bringing comical relief to a recent film within a short span of 1 to 5 minutes.

CAUTION:
Be warned, Doug is well known for using crude humor and is not suitable for younger audiences.
ALSO, Doug reveals the movie. If you havenā€™t seen it Iā€™d suggest you wait until afterwords before you spoil it in five minutes with this guy. (XD)

My mother and I are the film critics for a local newspaper, the Santa Maria Sun. Hereā€™s a link to our review on their website:

CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL REVIEW: santamariasun.com/film/

Note that we have limited space and also try to avoid spoilers, so there are a few things we didnā€™t get into.

Poor Charles Muntz (and his fantastic voice actor, Christopher Plummer) didnā€™t get mentioned at all, and I thought he was such an interesting character, a great warped reflection of Carlā€™s own obsession. When Carl said, ā€œI finally meet my boyhood hero and heā€™s trying to kill me!ā€ I was thinking, Iā€™m glad Brad Bird didnā€™t react that way when I got to meet him! Speaking of which, while Kevin was a great name for the bird, I thought it would have been funny if the name had been Brad (I know he wasnā€™t directly connected to this movie, but he is a Pixar guy :slight_smile: ).

I knew that Muntz was the villain from the start, because of that ā€œdoes anyone know where they are?!?!?!ā€ clip from the trailers. Mom, on the other hand, was surprised.)

I also had a reference in there that I later cut, about how, in a way, Carl and Russelā€™s relationship reminded me of DuckTales, with curmudgeonly, treasure-hunt-obsessed Scrooge bonding with Huey, Dewey and Louie (who were Wilderness-explorer like ā€œJunior Woodchucksā€) as they went on adventures together.

ā€œWeird Alā€ Yankovic stated in his UStream live Q&A sessio ntoday that he ā€œloved Upā€ He commented further that he thinks

I have audio of this, and will post the link here when I get it hosted.

Cool! Definitely post the link, AJD08. He must have been making the talk show rounds for his new single that dropped today. (Itā€™s good! Check it out!)

It wasnā€™t or talk show- it was just a simple Q&A he did via UStream for fans (in conjunction with his ā€œCraigslistā€ release). Anyway, hereā€™s the audio: [link]

Whoops, didnā€™t realize there was a fan review thread! my bad, iā€™ll move this over there.

Kudos to Pixar for this great movie, and their service to Colby Curtin, may she rest in peace. Love you guys.

Heā€™s just a little late to the party, but Confused Matthew, infamous for his controversial opinions on well received movies (heā€™s done the Incredibles before), has done a review on Up (contains mild languageā€¦ I think)
youtube.com/watch?v=zr6RgTQyzZA
Iā€™m usually a fan of Confused Matthew (he did a review of Lion King, which in my opinion is the best traditionally animated film affiliated with Disney, and I still enjoyed his review), but hereā€¦ heā€™s talking out of his behind.

Yeah, CM is a jerk. I hate his Disney/Disney-Pixar related videos. Iā€™d watch, but I would probably cry.

That review is a FAIL. That guy really underestimates kids. And anyone who calls Pixar movies children movies should not be trusted.