'Up Tour 2009'

Finally! And wow, that’s incredible that you’re so close! Very amazing my friend.

I do want to point out something that might make this a bit simpler. I’m not sure if Hannahmation is involved in this, but I know Mitch is. She has my address already, so she can send it to me as soon as she’s done with it. I’ll be happy to send it back to you after that, or if Hannah’s in on it, I can send it to her, I’m supposed to get something from her in the mail in a few days.

If you’d prefer to keep it how it’s already planned though, I totally understand, just offering a way to make things a bit easier on you. I can’t wait to see it, and I need to start thinking about what to put in! :wink:

Congrats on getting into the Academy of Art, Hog-Hug! That’s amazing! I’m glad you’re still going through with this project. It’s such a great idea so it’s nice to see it fully realized.

I still want to participate, so I’ll send you an email. Oh, and I’m fine with ffdude’s idea if you want to send it like that.

Thanks for the update, Hog-Hug. Congrats on getting into the course! And right near Pixar too! :smiley:

I still want to participate in this and send stuff to you to include in the book. I just have to get my arse into gear first. :blush:

It’s all right you guys, we have plenty of time. :] As for sharing the book between each other if you’re comfortable, that’s fine. Just keep me posted an everywhere the book is going and when!

Yay! It’s going through! And congrats for getting to the Acadamy, that’s really awesome.

I have a question and a suggestion:

What are the page sizes?

And what if we put a map on one of teh front pages and everyone can put a sticker or dot from where they’re from?

And whatever method we use for travel is fine

Firstly, congratulations on getting into the Academy, Hog-Hug! It must be great to be so close to Pixar. :smiley:

Secondly, I’m really pleased that this project is still going ahead. I’d love to send some stuff for you to include in the book, and I really like thewisecookiesheet’s idea of having a map on which people can mark their location. That would demonstrate just how worldwide people’s love of Pixar is!

I like the map idea too, but I do want to point out [spoil]I really think it should look like the adventure book. A map could go inside, that’d be great. If you do manage to do the adventure book look, I’d really like it to be as close to the original as possible. Then again, this is your project, I’m just giving my input. :wink: [/spoil]

These are all great suggestions you guys! I’m glad to see more interest!

The map idea is already something I wanted to include. I’ve had a lot of different ideas on how to do it, so maybe you guys can help me decide.

• We can dedicate two pages to a map, one page of the United States and a second page to the world. A dot is added for each place the book travels to, or for each place someone sends something from.
  • Or we can line the inside covers of the book with a larger map, and use the same system (dots).
  • Or we can do something else, if anyone has suggestions!

Now on the idea of the book looking just like the adventure book from Up: That would be cute, but it’s a bit unrealistic… and I think it would be more fun to do our own thing. (I say this because we could actually BUY an almost exact replica of the book through the Disney Store, but that’s just not very personal or creative, I think.) HOWEVER, I have pretty much decided I want the title of our book to be ‘Our Adventure Book’. Does everyone like that?

So think of it this way… we ARE making an Adventure Book, and it’s theme ties in to Up, but we’re not exactly recreating Carl & Ellie’s book; we’re creating our own!

Book size, etc.

• The book is a recycled (brown) paper hardback book, page size 8 by 11. However if there is enough protest, we could change the book to more of an actual scrap book style. Give me some input and we can decide what to do. At the moment, there are so few people in on this that we’d all get to do two pages in the book. But if we switched to a larger scrap book style, everyone would only get one (but the one page would be larger, so it all balances).

When I start sending the book, I’m going to send along some stickers, etc. that people can use as they please. I have stickers for each state, and some cute Pixar character stickers. I’ll do a couple pages in the book before I send it off so that people will have a visual example of what they can do with their own pages, but really- it’s all up to you!

This is kind of the run down of what I want to include in the book.

1. Dedication
  2. Map
  3. ‘Stuff We Did’ (all fan entries)
  4. Carl & Ellie tribute
  5. Special Thanks

Feel free to give me suggestions!

For the Map: I like the lining of the covers with the map idea better as opposed to it having pages. And using dots/small stickers is what I was thinking, so I’m not against that.

For Page Size: I’d prefer the 8" by 11" because I think you could get more with two small pages than with one big page.

Our Adventure Book: Love it!

Carl & Ellie Tribute: As in…?

Thanks for the updates!
I have more to say but I gotta jet, I’ll add to this post later.

Edit: Okay, Godforbid I find some Up paper, so is other Disney/Pixar related paper fine? I’d imagine it’d be okay, just want some reassurence :wink:

Well, the Disney Store book is NOTHING like the one in the movie at ALL. I’d like it to resemble, but I understand, us making it our own is just as good. I’m afraid I’ll end up with a dilemma trying to put too much stuff in! Haha. I’d prefer the map being inside the covers as well. I need to start thinking about what to put in! This is gonna be really great!

The Carl & Ellie tribute it just going to be something sweet at the end of the book. Like an ‘in memory of’ kind of thing.

The Disney Store’s version was a cute little copycat. I wanted to buy it for a fun scrapbook, but yeah, not the same character. It would be very hard to perfectly replicate the actual book though. I think it’s a much better idea to just do our own thing. We can make it cute too, no worries!

Just to update everyone, I think Hannah will be getting the book first and I should be sending it off very soon, so get ready to start this thing! :wink: If you talk to other members, try to mention it. I know so many people here would like to do it but I think a lot of users are glazing over this thread!

Well…I don’t know. I don’t know if I should participate as well…

I think Hannah has my address so she can send it directly to me. I better start getting ready for this soon! GAH! scrambles to find something to draw

Quick question, are you sending this to Pixar when everything’s done? That’d be awesome, and maybe Lee Unkrich or Ronnie Del Carmen would recognize me in it, haha! :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you unsure about? I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. : )

And to ffdude1906, yes I am giving it to Pixar… that’s the whole point! haha

Excellent, very cool. Maybe I’ll include a short note to Pixar in general (Then again, lately my Pixar writings have turned into gushy virtuosos, I dunno, haha!) and do some drawings. I’ll include a photo or 2 of my exploits as well, lots of interesting stuff I could do. I’m pretty excited for this, especially now!

Hog-Hug: Well, I don’t think I should give my address. It would be…err…dangerous? :question:

I don’t think that’s how it would work with you chef, being overseas. I think what’ll have to happen is you send what you wanna include in the book to him, and he’ll put it in for you. That’s just my understanding, you’ll have to take it from Hog-Hug himself. :wink:

Yeah, guess so…I really want to join, but I just don’t know how… :frowning:

Hey, no worries! I can set you up!

Here’s how it works. If you’re overseas, all you have to do is email me at mynameisdug@hotmail.com, and then I’ll email you back with MY address. You can send whatever you’d like me to put into the book directly to me, and I’ll make your pages for you, however you’d like me to do it. You can include a note to Pixar, drawings, photos, stickers, you know, whatever you’d like. :slight_smile:

And for the record ffdude1906, I’m a girl… hahaha