Valiant

I was surprised to see that this underrated film hadn’t gotten its own thread yet. By no means a masterpiece, I very much enjoyed it. For a production company other than Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks, the animation is stunning. And even though it’s a story that’s been done to death (the underdog wants to do great things and all his family and friends try to discourage him), Valiant still manages to be a very likable character and you root for him all the way through. Now for the bad part: the entire character of Bugsy, who’s clearly there only to be the easy comic relief. It doesn’t help that I’m not a fan of his voice actor (Ricky Gervais), but the whole arc of this character is predictable and unnecessary. [spoil]He gets inducted into the flying academy by mistake, leaves, then comes back. I didn’t want him to come back. Not just for obvious reasons, but because that would have thrown a huge wrench into the storytelling formula of animated films.[/spoil] All in all, though, I did enjoy the film and encourage you all to watch it if you haven’t already.

Oh, I remember this one! I saw it in the car on my family’s trip to France. I love long car trips, 'cause we got this awesome portable DVD player. And I always watch a lot of movies I haven’t watched yet whenever we do. Woohoo!

I quite liked this film because pigeons. I really like birds and pigeons have, for some reason, always held a special place in my heart. Dunno why. I see them a lot in the city and around my town and they look endearing, I think that’s why. And though I don’t remember much from this movie, I remember quite liking it.