Video Games

I’ve only gotten to play a bit of the 3DS Smash since it belongs to my brother, but it’s fun! I’d say it even feels a little more polished, control-wise, from Brawl. I’m currently waiting to get the WiiU version, however.

I’m hesitant to get the new call of duty video game. I feel that i’ve outgrown call of duty for the most part.

A trailer for Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 was just released.

Definitely looking forward to that game. :mrgreen: 8D

OMG They’re coming out with a STREET FIGHTER V!!!

I recently gotten SSB Wii U and Pokemon Omega Sapphire. I am also going to download Earthbound on VC.

With more people getting Super Smash Bros., I think I’ll offer anyone to PM me if they want to swap friend codes/NNID’s.

All very good choices :sunglasses:

Story trailer as well as brutalities for Mortal Kombat x! Could April not come fast enough?

Lately I’m playing Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Super Monkey Ball 2. It is becoming very difficult for me to keep up with all the new Nintendo games, lol

This is my faves.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Pac & Pal
Q*Bert

E3 was pretty average for Nintendo this year but Star Fox Zero, Fire Emblem Fates, SMT x FE, Super Mario Maker, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, and the new amiibos made it worthwhile. Metroid Prime Federation Forces doesn’t deserve all the hate it gets. Sony’s presentation was pretty epic and I’m looking forward to Street Fighter V.

Just a suggestion but doesn’t the Video Game topic warrant its own subsection? It seems like a large topic to just merge into one.

Good ol’ arcade games!

TheSpaceSheriff, yeah, it wasn’t the most exciting ever but there was still plenty good about it and the presentation was great. :slight_smile: Loved the puppets, lol. I was really only disappointed in the lack of WiiU Zelda. :frowning:

Replaying “Metroid Prime” on the Gamecube again.
This is the kind of game that has become increasingly rare since the 7th console generation: “the AAA title for hardcore gamers of all ages”.
No Mario kid stuff, no Gears of War bloodbath, just great gameplay, atmosphere, graphics, sound, music and story.
Single-player gaming doesn’t get much better than this - so very highly recommended. :smiley:

And then there is a hidden gem released long after the supposed demise of the SEGA Dreamcast: “Gunlord”.
This game is for all intents and purposes “Turrican 4”, although not an official sequel and made by a completely different team.
It’s much better than “Turrican 3”/“Mega Turrican”, though. Still very hard but not as frustratingly unfair, mostly because the time limit is optional.

^ I love Metroid! I have the Prime Trilogy on Wii and its so much fun. The game is currently on my backlog next to Super Mario RPG and a couple Fire Emblem games.

Got a Retrode 2 today :slight_smile:
That thing is basically a USB-adapter for SNES/Super Famicom/Megadrive/Genesis cartridges and controllers, so you can play the original game cartridges on an emulator with the original controllers.
Also got a Gameboy adapter that adds support for GB/GB Color/GB Advance.

A few days ago, I bought Deponia: The Complete Journey for the PC. It’s a Point-and-Click Adventure game in which you play Rufus, who desires to leave histrash-filled world behind and escape to Elysium. The game is just hilarious; whenever I turn it on, I’ll be laughing out loud sooner or later 8D
The only reason I bought Deponia was that I already played two other game made by the same company with the name Daedalic and I really love these two. The games in questions: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes. These are all in German but I know English versions exist and I can recommend them :slight_smile:

[quote="Witch_of_Night":2rj5r5d8]A few days ago, I bought [i:2rj5r5d8]Deponia: The Complete Journey[/i:2rj5r5d8] for the PC. It’s a Point-and-Click Adventure game in which you play Rufus, who desires to leave histrash-filled world behind and escape to Elysium. The game is just hilarious; whenever I turn it on, I’ll be laughing out loud sooner or later 8D
The only reason I bought [i:2rj5r5d8]Deponia[/i:2rj5r5d8] was that I already played two other game made by the same company with the name Daedalic and I really love these two. The games in questions: [i:2rj5r5d8]Edna & Harvey: The Breakout[/i:2rj5r5d8] and [i:2rj5r5d8]Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes[/i:2rj5r5d8]. These are all in German but I know English versions exist and I can recommend them :)[/quote:2rj5r5d8]

I liked and hated Deponia. I loved the artstyle and the point and click adventure. However…I couldn’t stand the main character. I hated playing as him. Was actually when he died at the end of the series (hopefully not spoiler) only to find out he most likely survived it… :-\

My latest game is The Testament of Sherlock Holmes which is a mystery point and click game that i actually enjoyed immensely. It was at times very challenging but the puzzles were cleverly designed and made me think hard. The cut scenes and graphics were good for a 2012 game and really helped keep me glued to the gameplay. Story was amazing but then again when is a Holmes story ever boring? Will be playing the last of the series to date "Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment" hopefully before the end of the month on my twitch channel live. Hopefully it is even more inventful on the puzzles and storyline.

Otherwise i continue to play The Binding of Isaac Rebirth which is fun as well as The Golf Club and Out of the Park Baseball which are both sports games.

I am super excited for the new Street Fighter 5 game to come out next year.

[quote="Al-Bob":4wqcwbeg][quote="Witch_of_Night":4wqcwbeg]A few days ago, I bought [i:4wqcwbeg]Deponia: The Complete Journey[/i:4wqcwbeg] for the PC. It’s a Point-and-Click Adventure game in which you play Rufus, who desires to leave histrash-filled world behind and escape to Elysium. The game is just hilarious; whenever I turn it on, I’ll be laughing out loud sooner or later 8D
The only reason I bought [i:4wqcwbeg]Deponia[/i:4wqcwbeg] was that I already played two other game made by the same company with the name Daedalic and I really love these two. The games in questions: [i:4wqcwbeg]Edna & Harvey: The Breakout[/i:4wqcwbeg] and [i:4wqcwbeg]Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes[/i:4wqcwbeg]. These are all in German but I know English versions exist and I can recommend them :)[/quote:4wqcwbeg]

I liked and hated Deponia. I loved the artstyle and the point and click adventure. However…I couldn’t stand the main character. I hated playing as him. Was actually when he died at the end of the series (hopefully not spoiler) only to find out he most likely survived it… :-\ [/quote:4wqcwbeg]

Unfortunately, it was a spoiler at the time of your writing this post but I’m not mad; you couldn’t possibly know that. Anyway, I beat the trilogy this week and I loved the [i:4wqcwbeg]Deponia[/i:4wqcwbeg] games. I actually liked Rufus and found him funny but I won’t deny there are parts where I really wanted to punch him. Still, he has some redeeming qualities about him, like his trying to sace the place he hated instead of leaving it to its fate. I mean, he could have just said he doesn’t care and go on his merry way.