Violet's art work

violet parr: Great work!! I like the different tones of color that you pulled off well to make it look really complete.

Really Impressive work violet parr. I love it. It is so very colorful. That is what I like.

Thanks for the comments, Pixart, bright dot-dasher, and The Star Swordsman. :slight_smile: I really appreciate it. :wink:

Nice shading! I wonder what scene that is from the comic book (I don’t want to know though, in case somehow, some way or other, the book makes it to the shores of Down Under).
Some constructive criticism would be Violet’s arms are too long and her gloves are missing from her costume.
But yeah, very colourful and a happy picture. Your best yet!
Can’t wait to see Colette. And I get your “drawing in the moment” reason. Sometimes I just let lose and doodle too. Once you’re confident with animals, do try Remy! :smiley:

I’m loving the shading and colouring on your newest one, Violet Parr. You’ve included plenty of details that give the piece an added depth, and I love it when a picture fills a page like that. You could make the lines a bit more definite by going around them in ink, or if you’d rather not make the lineart too strong, perhaps rubbing out some of the pencil and letting the shading do the work for you might make the piece look more complete. But you’ve done really well with this one- in particular, I love the expression on Violet’s face, I think you’ve got her spot on. :smiley:

thedriveintheatre- Thanks! :slight_smile: Yeah, I have a bad habit of making her arms too long. (I’m trying to work on that. :wink: ) And, about the gloves going MIA-- I did that on purpose, because that’s the way it was in the panel.

Well, (and there are NO SPOILERS and nothing that would ruin the story, so you can keep reading) It was from the comic based on the movie, not a new story. So, you could say it’s actually a scene for the movie.

lizardgirl- Thanks for the comment :slight_smile: ! And thanks for the advise. :wink:

OK, guys, here’s your next update. Sorry it took me so long.

This is actually a series of poster-sized pictures that I did bast on my favorite family of superheroes.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

^^ We’ve got a troll, peoples. We need a report button.

It’s lovely Vi. Is that texta (marker pen) you used for colouring? I might be mistaken, but regardless it’s a good effect.

robertA113- Sorry you didn’t like it.

Phileas- Thanks. :slight_smile: Yes, I did use marker for those. Good of you to notice. :wink: But they’re kind of old, so they’re not my best work; but I think they’re pretty good. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Real cool, Violet! Especially considering they are poster sized! How long did it take you to do all of those?

Violet: You wana know how good this is? Ill tell you that my jaw is still on the floor. Those look absolutely amazing. You continue to impress every time.

Really excellent work, I gotta tell you. I love the boldness and that extra shine. You have wonderful artwork. Good for you for taking the time and patience to draw all of that- and poster-size too! Terrific artistic skills. :slight_smile:

Hannahmation- Tanks :slight_smile: ! Well, it took me about 1 to 4 days a piece. Glad you liked it. :wink: Oh! And I’m still working on Colette!

The Star Swordsman- Well, you’d better scrape your jaw off the floor before you hurt yourself. :laughing: Thanks! And I do have those Violet/ Tony images I told you about. I just have to get my Mom to scan them first.

bright dot-dasher- Thanks! :slight_smile: And they’re shinny because they’re in frames. Thank you!

Thanks guys! Comments are welcome! And an update is coming soon. :slight_smile:

Violet Parr - Quite a lovely batch of artwork you’ve cooked up recently! I love the grain-y effect of your rendition of that “Incredibles” comic book page, and your poster-sized compositions are awesome! I think that the one of Mr. Incredible is the best of the bunch. I’m uncertain as to whether or not you like critique, but… I think that more depth in the shading and tweaking of the Parrs’ countenances (faces) to make them look more like the characters could be exercised. It’s difficult to shade in marker, though, and you said that it’s older work, so that’s understandable. Overall, you’ve concocted some wonderful work! Keep it up! :wink:

You’re welcome. Yeah, markers can be tricky to work with, but you seem to handle them pretty well. You definitely have potential.

My apologies for not replying to your comment sooner. I’ve been busy.

– Mitch

I give this a great big honkin’ “Well Done”! These are awesome indeed. I love seeing such dedicated fan artists, especially for Incredibles.

Great Work Violet!

Kudos to the awesome effort! (poster sized? :open_mouth:). My favorite would have to be Mr. Incredible though, :wink:

Keep up the good work!

:mrgreen:

I can’t wait to see them Violet Parr. I get realy excited of this art thread the most.

Wow that must have taken a lot of work, undertaking 5 poster size drawings. And then coloring them! I’ve only done maybe 3, but not all at once. Kudos!

Those posters are awesome, Violet Parr! The way you’ve used quite simplistic designs for the characters and have put those markers to good use makes them really stand out. My favourite out of the lot has to be the one of Mr. Incredible, as his face is really spot-on and I like his pose. Good work!

Thanks for all the comments, guys :slight_smile: ! Yeah, I agree with you guys, Mr. Incredible did turn out the best. I think with the rest of them, there was so much to them that (partly because they’re poster sized) I lost some sense of anatomy and kind of messed up. Mr. “I” was just so simple though, I mean he’s basically a giant body full of muscles-- fairly simple.

And you can criticize all you want, Mitch, as long as your nice and it has good intentions behind it. As I said before-- CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOMED!!! I look forward to hearing what other people have to say because it gives me a chance to better myself. So, yeah, go ahead and speak your mind. :slight_smile:

Colette is almost done! :smiley: I also have a Pixar crossover coming up of two very lovable Pixar characters :slight_smile: . But you have to guess who they are though…

Hint- They are both shy, sweet, and sometimes left cleaning up others garbage. (I hope I didn’t give it away. :laughing: )

Until I finish Colette and my crossover pic, here’s the Violet/Tony pic I promised you, TSS. :slight_smile: It’s really, really old, so sorry if it’s not as good as my more recent one. I’ll get the other one up real soon. :wink:

Also, here’s one of Violet (16 years old, again). The outfit is actually based on something I was wearing at the time.