Violet's Love Life

Dragon of Omnipotency - heck, if an acknowledging eye gesture is deemed flirting, I’ll be darned, because I do that. IMHO I think Tony may seem like a flirt on the surface, but that scene, I believe, shows that he’s more shy than he seems to be.

[spoil]It’s a pity Vi doesn’t stay with Tony, because the couple were just sooooo cute. [/spoil]

Editted by TSS: PG language please.

Oh, yeah, he’s so shy he had to give a wink to another girl before his big request for a date from a girl he really liked. I could totally tell the bashfulness.

~ Flare

He didn’t wink at anyone at the stadium Dragon. He just nudged his head up and gestured his hand by pointing up (possibly indicating what’s up). There is no evidence on whether that gesture was to a boy or a girl. The camera didn’t pan out so we all could only assume.

He nudged his head upon greeting Violet, whose friend was just standing beside of. He turned towards that friend and nudged his head at her (and I remember quite clearly that he even said, “Hey,” to her, too). Even though it was not a hard substantial evidence, it is more than enough to prove something.

~ Flare

Are we talking about when Tony was about to talk to Violet? Here is what happens.

(Dash hops around, warming up for the tack meet. he waves to his parents who are sitting in the stands. They wave back. Tony Rydinger walks down the stairs, gesturing to someone on the way down. He walks past Violet, who is talking with her friend. Tony stops and sees Violet (possibly anxious greeting her.)
Violet: Do we have to have cheerleaders at the track meet? I mean what is that all about?
Friend: Well I always thought it was more of a. . .
(Tony nudges his head toward Violet)
Tony: Hey.
Violet (surprised to see her crush) Hey.
Tony: You’re uh. . . Violet right?
Violet (nods): That’s me.

I see a possibilty of where he nudged hi head, but it was obviously toward Violet.

Behold the face of CheaTony!

~ Flare

Dragon: That glance at Violet’s friend was definetely not a flirtatious look. If it was, that would make Violet feel uncomfortable. I assume (since I’ve been in that position as Tony before, interupting my girlfriend’s convo with her friend) that he was looking at her maybe as a possible greeting ike a simple “what’s up” or a quick glance at them making sure I didn’t anger them just by barging in the convo. But I do know that Tony was not flirting with the other girl.

No, you do think that he was not flirting. It is your opinion, just like criticizing Tony to be flirting is mine. Also, add that to your huge favoritism over Tony, the chances of you opinionizing is higher.

Also, you can’t base this on real life scenarios, I think. Tony is but a minor character. Even though I’m sure Brad wouldn’t put the minimum effort in creating this character, I wouldn’t think that Brad would go so deep into creating Tony. No, he’s just a teenage male that seems optimistic, no more deeper than that. As for whether if he has ulterior motives, that is unclear and unproven.

As for Violet not being unannoyed, she was dazed. If the boy who you always wanted to talk to is finally talking to you, you would be a little too surprised to be annoyed, too. Her heart could had skipped a beat at that moment, let alone her mind thinking logically.

Whatever it is, please don’t label this as the truth till you bring some hard evidence that could really shut me up. Thank you.

~ Flare

Whoa Dragon. Don’t take this hard. remember, thi is just my view on Tony and what i think. I ain’t tryin to convert you to loving him. That’s not my intention at all. Before this gets heated up anymore, let me apologize to you. I’m sorry if you felt like I was attacking you and/or your ideas and If I hurt/annoyed you in anyway, i would like to say I’m sorry for that too.

Back to the convo (with things hopefully cooling down). Tony was trying to ask Violet out, but why would he flirt with other girls during the process? Won’t that make the situation feel uncomfortable?

You are right, It was probably dumb basing my theories about Tony’s eye movement to Violet’s friend on my real life. That’s what i do sometimes when i try to analyze a character. If I question something, i put myself him his shoes and think why I would perform such actions (great exercise for character work in acting).

You are probably right about Violet’s heart skipping a beat. I know if someone like Megan Fox walked up to me and started a convo wit me, my mind would shut off for about a few minutes while my eyes try to assure me that it is actually happening. But you could be right about Violet not thinking.

Still, it brings me to the question I posed earlier. Why would Tony still flirt with the other girl if he got his eye set on Violet?

Huh? I guess my previous post sounded a little harsh, that’s why you think I took offense or something… :confused: No, I just love debates like this. It’s like fighting a case as a prosecution lawyer. However, if it seems that things are heating up, it merely means that I am trying my very best to pull out all my stops. :wink: After all, you did say you ‘know,’ meaning that you feel that your arguments point to the truth, which I felt not to be so.

As for the reason Tony might be flirting with other girls, I do not really like to speculate any further than that, but if I am to give a reason, I would assume that it was because he just wants to have… ‘fun’ with Violet. A much harsher word would be ‘toying.’ With her feelings, of course - don’t think any further than that, boys. :wink:

But, that’s a definite speculation, because this time, I really have no factors to suggest that Tony could be such a guy. All I have now is a scene that merely suggests that Tony might be a little bit of a flirt. Nothing else. Hope you could understand my accusation here.

~ Flare

I believe I understand your accusation.

Just one note though. If Tony was indeed “toying” with Violet and had no intention on attempting to esablish a relationship with her, wouldn’t that be a little too cruel for his character? I mean, Violet would be devastated, hurt, and embarassed if she asked her crush out, he said yes, only to have it all shoved back into her face.

Yes, it is, but in reality, life is just that cruel. To hide that aspect of life seems a little superficial to me, even when referring to The Incredibles, a Pixar film. This is highly unlikely to happen, though, as I doubt Brad would want his film to be so dark and grim. It’s a little unfortunate, but it works both ways, really. What I suggested was just a possibility, not a probability (I hope I got that right). It can happen, but that doesn’t mean it would.

Hope that makes sense.

~ Flare

(Dragon, I’m going to add a little humor to this convo so feel free to add on to something if you see opportunity)

Dragon: So you say that Violet’s love life can go a few ways after te movie.

Ending A: Tony becomes Violet’s boyfrend, they establish a romantic relationship and stay together though thick and thin (secret Super life as well) This is my most prefered ending, despite it being the most cliche.

Ending B: Tony becomes Violet’s boyfrend, they attempt establish a romantic relationship but due to Violet’s secret life as a Super hero and the scheduling and canceling issues, end it due to lack of communication, but still stay as good friends. When you get to know someone when he/she was your BF/GF, you become attached to them on a lower level than romantic.

Ending C: Tony cheats on Violet, violet cries and possibly ends up with someone better suited for her (like a Super hero partner, or ME!!!) :laughing:

lol Yeah, I think Ending B is definitely the most likely to happened, but I think Ending C could actually be genius if done correctly. For example, Violet’s reaction towards Tony’s cheating act could not only be embarrassment or sorrow. I would love to see it go deeper than that. Remember, The Incredibles is not a love story, it wasn’t intended to be so. So, maybe the issue to be discussed in the movie could be Violet questioning herself, searching her soul, something like that. When a girl gets cheated on by a guy, she doesn’t necessarily have to be completely distraught by it. Maybe something else would bother her after that, like a question of what her destiny is suddenly pops into her head after the discovery.

Deep stuff like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

~ Flare

I think if done correctly, Ending C could possibly be a neat subplot for Violet in a possible sequel. I totally agree with you.

Hehe, pretty nuts that you guys are reading so far into this. Then again, I’d do this kinda stuff for Up if anyone felt like discussing it.

I don’t really remember much from the movie regarding Vi and Tony, besides that they both like eachother, and are nervous wrecks about it, and that Vi kinda comes out of her shell and approaches him at the end of the movie. I think it’d turn into an average successful teenage relationship. They’d probably hook up, and start having issues with whatever during highschool, but still remain friends.

That’s just what I think

Like Dragon said, that seems to be the most realistic result if Violet does end up with Tony. Now if they would break up, would they stay as friends or not? Being optimistic, I would say so, but anything can happen in a relationship, especially in a complicated one like Violet.

I thought I post this here for your enjoyment and to show what I believe about Violet’s Love Life.

[url]Violet Parr: Invisible (Violet Parr/Tony Rydinger) - YouTube

Nice job on this TSS!

Thank you GregM