Violet's Love Life

You make a very valid point, TSS :wink: . (One of your best MVs might I add :wink: .)

Thank you too Violet Parr. :wink:

Im going to have to agree with the Star swordsmans comment at the beginning of this thread. These characters have too much of a contrast. Violet; who had just recently become more confident in herself is asking out a jock, who seems to be older than her.

Although All teenage romance is all too unrealistic (ask me how I know) its portrayed like it will last forever hence the reason Brad Bird put that situation at the end of the movie. Personally, I had always liked Violetā€™s insecure side. It made her character alot more interesting.

^ Iā€™m with you DirtyBirdy. Insecure Vi was always more interesting to me. That said, I will now thoroughly contradict myself lol

I was never a fan of Tony. I saw Tony (and this is the film student side of me) as a storytelling tool to round out Violetā€™s ā€œHeroā€™s Journeyā€. Tony representing the element know as ā€˜return with the elixerā€™.

The ā€œLois Lanesā€ of super hero mythologies always bugged me. I was always a fan of the ā€œsuperā€ universes that contained a population of super powered characters. Obviously, Marvel and DC are fine examples of this. I just find it impractical for a super to feel the need to shackle themselves to a normal human being when there are plenty of other people like them whizzing around the cityscape.

(And now a word from my uber nerdy side) Now in my crossover fanfic universe of I mixed Metroville, the Parrs, and their ilk with another fandom in the same loving manner a 4-year-old mashes two different pieces of play-doh together until they become a shapeless muddy lump. (Ok I was a little more subtle than that, but you get the picture). But I did mix them into world where teen aged super heroes ran in large, vigilant-styled packs. Doing this gave the increasingly independent Vi more options for her love life. Eventually I did settle on a character I thought she would be compatible with without going completely in the wrong direction, but then again Iā€™m known for going out of char on many occasions.

Back to the main point. Could Vi end up with a non-super? Sure, why not. Would it be realistic? Maybe, depends on the situation. Would I like to see that happen? Heck no! :wink:

Geez, itā€™s about darn time I put my two cents in regarding this topic.

And for those of you who donā€™t know what the heroā€™s journey is may I strongly recomend ā€œThe Hero with a Thousand Facesā€ by Joseph Campbell.
Or go here. In that case, the elixir I referred to is called ā€œfreedom to liveā€.

My main reason for not liking Tony is that I donā€™t think he was developed at all save for one or two traits, let alone developed enough to be a significant love interest. Another reason is that Iā€™ve had a friend who ā€œcame out of her shellā€ for a guy she liked, he noticed her, she went back in the shell, and he dumped her. I know not all guys are like that, nor am I saying that Tony isā€¦ but he could be. We donā€™t know. Thatā€™s just my two bits though.

In one of my more recent fanfics Iā€™m portraying him as less of a jerkface than I normally do, which is probably a good thing.

Arkie- Well, at least you seem to have an open mind :slight_smile: . But, yeah, I see what youā€™re sayingā€¦ All too many guys are like that.

I also see what others are saying, especially BDDā€™s reason of him being more of a distraction. But I think Pixarā€™s good enough to not make TI into some kinda of sappy teen love movie. Iā€™ve already make my opinion clear, so thereā€™s no use rambling.

Again, I think the only person who could really settle this for good is the Big Cheese himself: Brad Bird.

On another note, [spoil]howā€™s everybody warming up to Xander? Iā€™ll admit, while Iā€™m still a Viony geek, I kinda like him, but just a little, now that heā€™s come out of his shell and is developing as a character (and says more than two words at a time :wink: ).[/spoil]

[spoil]To be honest, I miss Tony in the Boom series, but Xander is a good replacement.[/spoil]

[spoil]Yeah, to be honest, I hope she dumps him and goes back to Tony. Though he is a good character. I wonder if thatā€™s what happens and he becomes deranged like buddy, and decides to become a villain. Weird, I know, but stranger things have happened in comics.[/spoil]

[spoil]Well, Vi, to be honest, I donā€™t really like a Xander-Violet shipping. I donā€™t see what was wrong with Tony in the first placeā€¦ he didnā€™t seem like a jerkish jock at all! Xander is more of a male replica to Violetā€¦ I donā€™t really see a compatibility with the similarities of personalities.[/spoil]

At this point, Iā€™m ignoring the canon and going with the wonderful crossover pairing of Wilbur Robinson and Violet.
Both Tony and Xander are kinda bland anyways.

Ah, so you are a fan of this pairing huh? Well, when you look at them side by side, they look like they should be a pairing. I donā€™t like it though. THey would look cute together, but I donā€™t see it working out.

The problem with Vibur in my eyes is that we donā€™t know when Lewis was a kid. I read a fanfiction once where Vi ended up not going with Wilbur, which was good because she turned out to be his grandmother or something.

8D Hahaha goes to show that dating those not from your time period is risky.

Look, Iā€™m a big a fan of the popular guy/shy girl pairing as the next, but come on! Tony was only in the movie twice and his name was said, what, twice by Dash at the dinner scene. I personally think that after the movie, Violet would still act shy as herself, to make sure people donā€™t suspect she and Invisagirl are the same person. Or heck, maybe she would actually BE shy as herself, only becoming confident when the mask comes on. But I really donā€™t think that Tony would just, out of the blue, ask Violet out. In fact, I have a few ideas where she falls for her best guy friend (an OC, and even characters from other shows).

So, ā€œVionyā€? Not really a big fan, sorry

And to shippers of Violet and Xanderā€¦also not really a big fan. I mean, in the series sheā€™s practically in love with Xander, almost ALWAYS trying to contact him. Sheā€™s never seen doing homework, or watching TV, or hanging out with friends (I wish Kari could have made at least 1 appearance in the comic Series). I mean, itā€™s like sheā€™s let her crush on Xander take over her life. And ok, the movie supposedly takes place in a ā€œmodern version of the 60s and 70sā€ so itā€™s not like they have the best ways to talk.

As for Wilbur Robinson, the idea intrigues me, but itā€™s still a little weird, considering The Incredibles takes place in the 60-70s, and Meet the Robinsons took place in the 2030s. Of course, MOST fans go by the idea The Incredibles takes place in 2004 (the year it was released) so that closes the time gap SLIGHTLY, but Violet would still be old enough to be Wilburā€™s mother. The only way it could truly work is I Violet and her family got frozen (like Fry in Futurama); I actually have read a few FF stories where they propose that idea, and another one where Wilbur travels back in time, crashes the time machine, loses his memory, and stays with he Parrs.

Iā€™ve also read about pairing Violet up with Danny Phantom and American Dragon: Jake Long. Both interesting ideas, seeing as how both of them are Super Heroes, too.

I have a couple ideas of my own, pairing Violet up withā€¦well, youā€™ll have to look at my stories to find out.

All-in-all, ā€œWilletā€ ā€œVannyā€ and ā€œViakeā€ donā€™t sound too bad, but ā€œVianderā€ and ā€œVionyā€ arenā€™t really my style. Maybe if Tony had been in the movie a little more, and in the comic series, then maybe Iā€™d be more open to the idea.

Oh, and as for the other oneā€¦NO! It is sick and disgusting!!!

I guess the main reason Iā€™m not a big fan of cross-over pairings is simply because I like to stick to possibilities for the nest part in the franchise, sticking with what the writer(s) wanted. I have a similar view with a certain pairing in the Teen Titans. But, Iā€™m not a fan of cross-overs in the first place, no offence to those who write them. Iā€™m still a hard-chore Vionist. I will, however, wait and God willing, weā€™ll find out sooner or later how it all worked out.

Though, yes, the randomness of the Xander pairing does bother me. Given several events in the comics, I donā€™t consider it cannon.

I donā€™t understand crossover pairings. To me, they exist in separate universes. The people in MTR and The Incredibles donā€™t even have the same anatomy. Look at them! Personally, I never disliked Tony and donā€™t see why Violet canā€™t go with him.

Same thought here. Itā€™s just kind of uncomfortable to have a story split between universes. This is even a problem for me role-playing in groups (though I tend to overlook it as best I can). Iā€™m glad thereā€™s at least a few Viony fans out there. I get people not liking it. But why is it the least popular one?

Itā€™s unpopular because Tony was only in the movie twice. Like I said, I find the popular guy/shy girl pairing cute, but it needs to be played out a little more.

What about this: Tony and Violet met in 4th Grade when Violet and her family moved to Metroville. They became close friends, even when Tony became popular while Violet stayed shy and quiet. Eventually, Violet developed a crush on Tony, but he was always checking out hot girls, unaware of her crush on him.

Then, at the end of the movie, Tony runs into Violet and her friends talking, and he is very surprised that she is leading the conversation (maybe she could have been talking to Kari, so that Tony could have seen how much his shy friend has changed) and her new wardrobe. They strike up a conversation, when ANOTHER popular good-looking guy rudely interrupts and asks Violet out. She tells him she is already seeing someone, which puts a frown on TOnyā€™s face. When the other guy walks off, Tony asks who Vi is seeing, and she tells him, ā€œThat new spy movie comes out this Friday, pick me up at 7, and Iā€™ll pay for the popcorn.ā€ She then pecks him on the cheek as she and Kari walk away giggling.

THAT would have been better. But really, even with my HUGE imagination, itā€™s hard to do so much with Viony when it was underplayed. We know Brad got his son to do the voice, but he isnā€™t even credited. So basicallyā€¦they should have added onto Violetā€™s story, like put her in the montage a little more, and maybe have shown her doing something when Helen arrived home and said she was going out (to find Bob). I have an idea for a story with Violet and Tonyā€¦but most of my other ones involve other characters form OTHER shows. It IS easy to put universes together.

Well the movie runs one hour 55 minutes as it is. Personally, I think adding sequences about Violet and her ā€œboyfriendā€ would be a waste of time, and make the movie too long. To be honest, itā€™s a family film, and isnā€™t about Violet. Bob is the main character, and I donā€™t see why they would spend extra time developing Violetā€™s love interest. It just isnā€™t that important.