Waking Sleeping Beauty

Aw man, I want to see it sooooooo bad. I hope they put it with the next Disney animated release on DVD. That’d be the most convenient for me.

Hannahmation: I’ve been wanting to see this movie for some time! Glad to hear it was good.

EJE, will you be seeing it?

I definitely need to see this movie! The history of Disney is just so interesting, and I would love to learn more about the management at the time of the Renaissance.

Good to see you posting again hannahmation!

I just hope it shows Jeff Katz and Eisner as the Satanic loonies they truly are.

Virginia: I want too, but I dont’ know if it’s playing anywhere near where I am.

If you aren’t able to see a screening of the film, I believe it will be released on DVD at the end of November.

Thanks love70ways! It’s nice to be around the boards again. :slight_smile:

Oh, November? Cool!! Thanks, Hannahmation!

Thanks for the info Hannahmation! I will defintaly find a way to rent it!

I’ve just seen this movie. I [spoil]downloaded it[/spoil] and I absolutely loved it. It was a rather remarkable picture.

I for one never knew just how integral Howard Ashman was to the early part of the Disney renaissance. I mean I knew he was the lyricist for a few films, but this greatly expanded my knowledge on just how much he contributed to the stories as a whole. We lost a keen creative mind when he died. I almost cried when that part of the movie came up.

I knew about the composers’ importance from the Art of Walt Disney. <3

Aerostarmonk, could you send me the [spoil]downloading link[/spoil]?

Oh man, I wish I could see this. It’s probably rare though. :frowning:

I still haven’t found this anywhere. Did they ever put it on DVD?

They did! I’ve seen it at video stores before. I still haven’t seen it. :frowning:

I’ve seen part of it, but never the whole thing. Shame, it must be amazing!

I’ve heard great thing about it, and it’s such an important part of animation history. (People often focus on Disney’s Renaissance. In actuality, the whole Industry was featuring a renaissance. From animated TV shows (Nicktoons and Cartoon Network), introduction of animation shows exclusively for adults/teens (Simpsons, South Park, Beevis & Butthead), Birth of CGI feature films, and introduction of competitors such as Don Bluth and Dreamworks. I wish there was a documentary to look at the whole Animation Renaissance as whole.

That would be interesting! Don Bluth is such a mystery to me. Some of his films are as good or better than Disney movies, and some are just…well, shouldn’t exist. haha I mean when you compare something like The Land Before Time or the Secret of Nimh to Rock-a-Doodle, the quality gap is jaw dropping!

I’ve never been a fan of his. Part of it is I didn’t grow up with his films (so the nostalgia factor is gone) and that I’m not crazy about the general mood/mise-en-scene of the films. idk how to explain it.

I only grew up with All Dogs Go to Heaven and The Secret of Nimh, and I’m not a fan either. Some of them aer definitely good though.

Which ones do you like?