WALL-E Christmas Book

So I was planning my birthday party for next year and as I searched for WALL-E cake ideas on Google Images I found this on someone’s blog.

Apparently Disney Publishing is coming out with a WALL-E Christmas book this year (or next year?) and Dee Farnsworth (the name rings a bell) is the illustrator, or one of the illustrators. And from the preview, it looks like it will be really neat. I know I am excited. WALL-E + Christmas = Happy times!

What I want to know is: Did anyone else know about this?

Ok, now that looks cool! I want one already! It’s so awsome that some more Wall-E adventures are going to be presented to us! I wonder what will happen. :confused:

Oh goodie. Too bad that freelancing is so bad, or else we might have more of these efforts. I wonder if she draws or makes up the stories or content or a combination of these… ???

I just googled her. There were 7000 results, most dealing with art, children’s books, movies. For results cross referenced with Wall-E and Disney Publishing, there is only the link above, and of course, this thread here at PixarPlanet. So this could be the only Wall-E book she has ever done.

deefarnsworthbgpaintportfolio.bl … nting.html

I imagine she is looking for a job teaching art in college… She has done a lot of Tinker Bell work, but not sure if any of it was for the forthcoming dvd, which cost around $50M to produce.

As for the book cover picture, Axiom people fit well into a Santa Claus outfit. I guess we will finally see some kids or adolescents, none of which were seen in the movie: all were adults, a few elderly, and that nursery of tots.

Well there was a little girl in the credits!

That looks cute! I’d probably want to see a litle more of it before I actually bought it though.

Something new that has taken some effort and isn’t just a cash-in on the franchise = insta-buy for me. If this is in the format of the “Little Golden Book” (as I expect it will be) I’m almost positive it will be great, just as the WALL-E and Presto books both were. If the little bit of a glimpse we have is any indication then I think this portends good things for the future WALL-E comics too.

This is so cool! :smiley: Although, I can’t help but notice the irony that Christmas has lost its significance and become an annual occassion that encourages commercialization and materialism when I saw the BnL logo in that pic.

Maybe, Wall-E and Co. will rediscover the true meaning of Christmas (celebrating a joyous occasion with loved ones and friends).

Ms. Farnsworth’s blog is worth a look too, talented artist.

While we are waiting for some sort of Xmas book, there is Issue #45 of Disney and Me magazine, which feels more like a book than a mag, altho it’s not very long: 3 pages on Toy Story, 10 on Monsters Inc. and a 3 page story with Wall-E plus other pages, with a few pages on Bolt and that’s most of it. The Wall-E story isn’t very good and the artwork is not astonishing. It clearly is made for like 5-8 year olds. I’m not familiar with it, but am interested in seeing back issues over the past few years. This is Vol 8, Number 7, with 8 issues per year now. Circulation is 67,000, and I got mine at Safeway supermarket store.

The Wall-E story is entitled: “Wall-E Frosty Fun! -Storytime-”

There are also several quizzes. And, this is why I am posting this, a contest where you can win one of 20 Wall-E Motorized Bubble Machines with a promised Gazillion bubbles. I think you can email your entry to disneyandme@redan.com. (But I couldn’t find a link at the actual website to do this, you would have to start with your own email acct.) In the subject line of your email enter: D&Me Funrise 0910 Giveaway. Deadline for entries is Oct. 23 2009. Winners to be posted in the January 2010 issue!

Here is another way to enter. Write your name and address and either phone# or email on a postcard and mail to:

For U.S. readers:

D&Me Funrise 0910 Giveaway
Redan Publishing Inc.
1115 Inman Ave, Box 345
Edison, NJ 08820

For Canadian readers:

D&Me Funrise 0910 Giveaway
Redan Publishing Inc.
2286 Sharron Street
Burlington, ON L7R 1W6

So I am not sure if non U.S. and Canadians can enter, after all they have to mail the thing to you at their expense. Note that Funrise is a toy manufacturer, like Thinkaway Toys. Here is a spread on the toy up for grabs - bubbleblowers.com/pages/329.html

And here is a sample story, not in this issue:

redan.com./PDFs/Wall.E%20-%20Bub … rouble.pdf

Now this story was quite cute, if you don’t mind all the propriety spoilage.

BRB, spazzing like a geek. 8D

EDIT: Oh! Guys! Look what I ran into! I bet it’s gonna be in here: amazon.com/Disney-Christmas- … 1423110544

Awww, cute! Even though it was written for like, toddlers, it sounds so adorable. And I absolutely adore the art! Maybe I’ll get a copy to save for mah babies someday. <3 (Stop staring at me. So what they don’t exist yet. It’s something special to tuck away for them until like, their first Christmas or something. Someday. :slight_smile:)

little chef

Issue #46 of Disney And Me again had generous portions allotted to Wall-E, with a centerfold poster of realistic photographic quality, showing Wall-E, Eve and M-O in a holidays theme. There was also a page with Holiday Gift Tags for presents. And there were two pages entitled ‘Wall-E Messy Mud Bath’, which was an entertaining written story with a single illustration.

In addn there was some material for Monsters Inc. and Bolt, but the bulk of the mag this time around was Mickey Mouse.

Even tho this is ‘merchandising’, I feel that dvd, movie, artwork (not personal but available publicly), and books are special and should be separate from the general merchandising thread. Books have their own artwork and stories, and have the potential to continue the Wall-E story, even if Pixar never makes another movie with our gizmo friend.

Issue #47: 14 pages of Wall-E!!! (5 pages about Bolt and a new 3 page Up story). Now this is just for kids, but it’s better than nothing. Half of the content is about Wall-E in this issue! And most of that is about a Wall-E workbook, to educate kids and have fun at the same time. This mag seems to be primarily directed towards boys and they must love Wall-E (there is a separate magazine for girls called ‘Princess’, altho both boys and girls can enjoy ‘Disney and Me’). Women, young and middle-aged seem to love Wall-E too, I’ve noticed.

The Xmas book came out this past Xmas and it had about 18 pages (out of 304 total) of a Wall-E and Eve seasonal story, the rest of the book had other Disney character stories. Hmm, it seems the book was about $16 ($8 used), too pricey for me for such little Wall-e material. I see copies of the book, still, at Toys R Us here in the States. The artwork was just as you have seen in the teaser ad shown at the beginning of this thread. But I’m more interested in the story. And there really is a very nice moment in this story! I will let you guys go out and see it for yourselves. Here are some links about it:

jacketflap.com/bookdetail.as … 1423110544

Now I noticed that Dee Farnsworth was not listed anywhere in the book as the illustrator (instead a Mario Cortes from Spain is), or in this net article, and I noticed it said “responsible for paint only” in her updated blog, so she is not the primary illustrator of this particular Wall-E piece, I would imagine. Here is the amended article in her blog:

deefarnsworthbgpaintportfolio.bl … -book.html

Also, note that Mario Cortes was the illustrator, not the writer, I would also imagine. That honor may be … his name is in the front of the book, gonna go get it now… work in progress. Ok, finally found it, the name of the person who actually wrote the Wall-E story in this book is Tennant Redbank. What an interesting name, gonna do research about him now…

And here is something interesting about one of those animators let go in 2004 from the Animation Bldg (he did some work recently on The Princess and the Frog):

roncohee.blogspot.com/2010/02/wa … ybook.html

Tennant Redbank is the person who did the story for the Wall-E segment in this X-Mas book. So I googled him and he shows up with 80,000 results. He usually does work for Disney and his most notable offerings involve the Disney Fairies and Pirates of the Caribbean. He is all over the place, doing follow-up stories for lots of the Pixar movies and Disney toons and live action features! It was a sweet story in this seasonal book, putting a little tree in place of “The Plant”. What a brilliant but simple idea…

adds Disney Christmas Book to want list

I never thought I’d see Buzz, Woody, Belle, Mickey, WALL-E, and EVE together on one page outside fan art. It’s totally amazing!

Aw, I want that book!! :frowning: It looks so cute!

hugs the upcoming christmas book

“Dashing through the snow, in some old dirty treads, waiting for his lady, who’s just right up ahead!”

“Got his flowers in hand, giving them to her in grace, and she cheers so gratefully, that she is in her place!”

:smiley: I might see if I can get a copy of this, looks beautiful. I’ve already got the Disney bedtime storybook with the 365 stories and I was pleasantly suprised at the amount of Pixar used.

I still see a few copies over at Toys 'R Us, but they will be gone within a few days as seasonal merchandise is shoved out. This is the 2nd Xmas they have been available.

I don’t even know where our nearest Toy’s ‘R’ Us is :neutral_face:
Looking at that cover, I recall seing some copies in Asda (British Wal-Mart), but they’ll be gone by now. Ah well, theres always Ebay.