WALL•E Merchandise

I love those Eve chocolates!!!

That large Eve remote control toy is indeed a Disney Store exclusive here in the US and retails for $50 if I remember correctly. Despite the high price tag, they’ve sold quite well at my local Disney Store.

Calculator

Magnetic drawer thing

Watches

Pen

Pencils/Crayons

Phone charms

EVE stapler

Backpack

Erasers

Snakes and Ladders Board Game

U-Command WALL•E (European version)

Kids’ Fold-out couch

Pillow

:wink:

The EVE stapler is unusual, but the design looks good.

I want the EVE stapler, haha, Those are some real interesting stuff I never knew existed.

wow awesome stuff! (updates christmas list)
i luv the pillow and the fold-out furniture thing

Wow, these look like really fancy stuff. But if an 18 years old guy like me uses half of these stuff at school among my other teenage classmates who don’t really appreciate animations as much as any of us do… well, let’s just say it will be a little awkward. :wink:

I wonder why the European U-Command Wall-E doesn’t have as much buttons as the other one?

Eh, who cares! I’m 19 and I still play with toys, so you wouldn’t be alone.

same here…16 but still using kid toys.

Glad you enjoyed that last bunch of merchandise, guys. I really want that calculator, but I don’t think they sell it here. Don’t feel bad about collecting toys, the Pixarians collect 'em. I’ve got tons of merch photos coming up in the next few weeks - just when I think I’ve seen it all, along comes more WALL•E merchandise, heheh.

Girls’ EVE underwear ^-^

Jackets

T-shirts

Long-sleeved t-shirts

Beanie and gloves

Summer PJs

Promotional video game t-shirt

:slight_smile:

AHHH…[hides face in hands] that first one just ruined my day completely.

gasp I want WALL-E underwear! Actually, yeah, that would be kind of odd…

“I’ve got an Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class… IN MY PANTS!”

haha! u have WALL-E fever if u say…

Here’s the drink + popcorn deal from one of the cinema chains in Australia. Isn’t the popcorn box cute?

I’m not sure how many other Western countries have this, but here’s a chocolate advent calendar. You’re meant to start opening the boxes one square at a time on December 1st so you get to eat a chocolate a day leading up to Christmas.

I, uh, started eating the chocolate purely for demonstrative purposes so you could see what it looked like with a few of them open. ahem

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, Rachel, ‘demonstrative purposes’, sure. :laughing:

Loving the WALL-E popcorn box. That’s seriously creative!

I think this may be an Australian-only item, so I thought I’d show you guys. It’s a combination of a WALL•E activity book that has games, puzzles, quizzes, posters, and a guide on how to build your own WALL•E robot and BNL cooler. And inside it is another comic book which has the whole version of the movie in comic book form. As far as I know the illustrations are by Australian Disney artists, but I’m not 100% sure on that. There are even a few comic strips in the magazine of things that didn’t happen in the movie - but they are probably not canon. A pretty good buy for AU$9!

I’m not allowed to post the images here but if you want me to PM you a few scans of the inside pages, I will happily do so.

WALL•E Magazine cover

Disney Graphic Novel cover

:slight_smile:

Yeah, I saw that too, rachel! I was grocery shopping with my brother and I saw the last copy on the magazine shelf, so I told my brother to go ahead while I stayed back to “read some magazines.” I thumbed through the activity book and found the graphic novel inside! :smiley:

If you’ve seen the Cars, Ratatouille and Finding Nemo graphic novels (which I had browsed before), it’s pretty much in the same vein. This time, though, since Wall-E is largely a silent movie with the two main protagonists doing little to no talking, much of their feelings and the plot is conveyed in the ‘narrator’s box’, which I found interesting. The drawings were colourful and cute as usual.

When my bro came back before I could return the book to its shelf, he was unimpressed. I didn’t buy it because being the big bro I am, I’ve got ‘cool standards’ to live up to (and he’s probably going to berate me for it being a waste of money, cheap as it is). I’ll probably sneak a purchase when he’s not around if it’s still in stock. That copy was ‘battered’ by the kids who read it before me anyway. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know they were illustrated by Aussie artists! I ran a check on the book a few days after my encounter and found it was by an Indian publishing company, so I’m not entirely sure. Whoever those artists were, though, the art is quite pretty!

I don’t recall through my speed-reading whether there were any non-canonical scenes. Are you able to check them for me, rachel? Maybe those were scenes meant to be in the movie, but were removed after the comics went to press.

thedriveintheatre - The old “you-go-ahead-while-I-read-some-magazines-trick”, eh? I’ve employed that one a few times when I was looking for some Pixar comics at Coles. Eheh. I’m lucky that my sister enables, I mean, “supports” my Pixar fandom - she’s the one that bought me the WALL•E comic book. :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise that it was illustrated by Disney India so thanks for that info. I checked the inside of the books, and most of the last names in there are Italian, so maybe it was made by them? I don’t know… I think last year the Ratatouille story of the film was illustrated by Australian Disney artists, anyway. But whoever ended up doing it, they did a great job.

The activity book is quite funny. I wouldn’t actually do any of the puzzles or quizzes, but on one of the pages there are instructions on how to make your own WALL•E robot. Just take a look at the finished product when you get the chance - I burst out laughing when I saw it. =)

Some of the illustrations are just beautiful, and I love how it’s not just some scenes, but the whole movie that is expressed in this medium. A very good buy in my opinion - who needs The Art of WALL•E, when you’ve got this? If you are going to buy a copy, you should get in pretty soon and get one. Last year I went to get second copy of the Ratatouille comic book of the film, but they had been taken off the shelves, until I bought one a few months later from a newsagent that was going out of business. They have them at most newsagents where most of the copies haven’t been thumbed through.

As for the non-canon scenes, I was referring to the comic strips in the activity book where they are short scenes done within the context of the film, but weren’t shown in the film (mostly revolving around WALL•E playing in the garbage.) Those scenes were never intended to be in the film, but were created by Disney as jokes to put in the activity book as comics. I’ve only flicked through the story, as I wanted to see the movie a few times at the cinema before memorising it off-by-heart from the comic book, but I can’t see too much of a difference between the film and the comic book version… but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few differences. With the Ratatouille one, there were a few differences which were quite interesting to pick out. Whether this was because Disney was working on the comic before the film was finalised, or some other reason I don’t know. But it was still pretty cool.