Wall•E religious themes

Did you know of the many religious themes found in Wall•E? I wrote about my observations of the religious themes found in Wall•E on my blog, here is an excerpt: “Wall•E is very much like the story of Noah and the Ark in the Bible. A ship of people (the Axiom), carries the human race to safety like the ark carries the animals to safety while both the humans on the Axiom and the animals on the ark’s homes are inhabitable. A sign is needed to let Noah and the captain on the Axiom know that they can go back home. Noah sends out the dove, the Axiom sends out Eve (Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator). Both the dove and Eve bring back signs of vegetation, the dove brings back an olive branch, Eve brings back the tiny sprout that Wall•E gave her.” want more?
Please don’t links to personal sites - TDIT

Yay, another advertising post from dreamofpixar! Exactly what I wanted to read on this fine fine Friday night!

Yay, sarcasm! :laughing: I thought we already had a topic on this, anyway.

thedreamofpixar: I admire your dedication and love for Pixar films and animation. I’d like to get to know you better, and I think you’d be a fantastic member here. But instead of participating in conversations and contributing, you just cite links to your website, even though you’ve been warned tons of times to not do that! I hope you start talking instead of linking.

WALL-E’s entire sub-plot/backstory was a retelling of Noah’s Ark. That’s why some people, including me, theorize it may actually take place in the past rather than in the future.

Sounds plausible. I certainly would agree to that. What I don’t like is the global warming theory pertinence. I don’t believe in it and I find it just plain disturbing.

I don’t think Wall-E’s morality tale was so much about global warming as more of land pollution and waste management.

And I do respect your opinion, but while global warming may be scientifically-questionable, isn’t it better to rely on cleaner forms of energy-production instead of coal or fossil fuels? It’s like I would be saying I’m not sure if jaywalking the street is gonna get me involved in an accident, but why take the risk? It would be better to wait for the lights instead of taking the easy way out.

Just a question: why would they have technology that we don’t have now if it took place in the past? Look at the Axiom’s technology. They needed those ships to get the people off of Earth, and if it took place in the past - with the mass exodus and all - then the ships would not be made that way.

Not trying to nit-pick, it just popped in my mind. :wink: But I definitely agree - Andrew Stanton was clearly inspired by the story of Noah’s Ark - it was mentioned in the Art of Wall-E book. I don’t believe it was supposed to be about global warming - although many people have said that about the movie in real life. I guess it’s just how you view it.

It’s speaking hypothetically they’re in the past, DOE. It isn’t like they’re literally in the past of B.C., it’s just that how everything went to place just like in the bible, it is, story-wise, in the past. Also, another way to put it is that the human race has worked backward in time in humane sense, so some people could also see that as the story being built upon the past.

Oh-ho, I see. :wink: Sorry I totally misinterpreted what you meant. :stuck_out_tongue: But now that you say that - yeah. I see where you’re coming from.