WALL•E Reviews

i competely agree with you, she’s just so cool

Well… yeah.

Even her voice is just spot-on. It couldn’t be prettier.

For those who are interested, here is a link to my extensive discussion of WALL-E. I make a number of points that may interest people.

This isn’t exactly a review, but a review of Disney•Pixar’s marketing on WALL-E:

Read the rest of the very lengthy, very interesting article here: moviemarketingmadness.com/bl … ss-wall-e/

aintitcool.com/node/37364

I think this is one of the best review I’ve read so far.

The Tomatometer at RottenTomatoes.com is now up to 97%! :sunglasses:

Oooh, 97 is a high and good number.

I think it deserves a perfect score, though. Granted, it does have its faults, but the reason it has only a 97% is because some whiny people totally undeserving give it a “0” rating. I mean, come on. Maybe you don’t like it, maybe you can find some gripes (I can), but even then, it still deserves at least an 80 or 90.

WALL-E was a great film. THen again, there is no such thing as perfect. But Pixar always comes close to perfect. THere will be some people who will just not like the film, resulting in a drop of the tomatoreviewer percentage. (I think)

It has a total of like 170 reviews and very few are coming in anymore, while most movies get around 120 reviews. I think its definetly going to keep its 96%.

Sure, not perfect, but perfect by RottenTomato standards, I mean. For instance, it gave Toy Story a perfect score, and I liked WALL-E much better.

yeah initially after my first viewing of wall-e i thought it was of toy story quality, but after the second time around it took my favorite pixar movie place. i imagine ill see it many more times

The reason Toy Story has that perfect score is because there’s nothing to really dislike about Toy Story, whereas with WALL-E there will always be a few complainers on the outskirts saying that it’s environmentalist propaganda, or that kids will be bored due to its silent nature (just because they think so). In other words, WALL-E is slight more daring with its content, which always attracts a few negative opinions, while Toy Story is more or less a fable of sorts.

And I think also why Toy Story got a perfect score because it was a big jump in achievement for Disney Animation, before then, only 2D movies were shown.

Just saw it, and I’m still confused. While it is a good movie, I was a bit suprised/disappointed, and I can’t really tell why.

I guess I expected a few things to happen, and they didn’t, and there were too many cartoon jokes (Walle falls or get stucked in something as all the kids laugh, too childish for my taste).

But Walle and Eve were both adorable and unforgetable, and I love them. I still wish they’d go a bit longer in the future, where some people were thin, where the sky was blue, and the earth was greener :slight_smile:

Still, great movie, but I just didn’t know what to expect.

They did. Did you see that artistic montage about how humans and robots rebuild Earth during the credits? It shows thin humans fishing, working, and playing. It also shows WALL-E and EVE under a tree with a blue sky behind them. The montage during the credits basically tells what happens after the movie ends.

Wanna bet? Toy Story wasn’t reviewed by as many people as the recent Pixar films (I think there are less than 100 reviews listed for it right now). So the morons like Phil Villareal (guy who didn’t like Ratatouille or WALL-E) didn’t get a chance to bash it because he probably was probably still in high school when it was released.

Actually, I fear that guys like him will finally get to put in their .02 cents when Toy Story in 3D gets released and ruin the perfect score.

I enjoyed WALL-E so much I wrote a full review for it (i do film reviews for my school paper, but I don’t like to do them in the summer, but I loved this film!!!)

Here it is. Enjoy!:

“WALL—E”: A Cautionary Tale that takes no Caution in Telling a Great Story!
WALL-E : A+

It seems to me that Pixar almost always gets better and better with every film. ‘WALL—E,’ the animation studio’s first leap into the sci-fi genre is no exception.
For the first third of the film, WALL—E is shown cleaning up the trash of mankind left all over the earth (the film is set about 700 years in the future). It is also revealed that the other WALL—E bots have shut down and he’s the last one still working to clean the earth. Here, he is an animated Charlie Chaplin as he discovers old knick-knacks and relics. Everything he does on his own is sweetly hilarious, but some may tire of WALL—E’s cuteness. Just when his adorability becomes mechanical, EVE arrives.
EVE’s directive is to find new living things on earth, so her initial reaction to WALL—E is to ignore him. But when he shows her his collection of human antiques, she starts to develop a personality complimentary to his. In the next few days, EVE finds a real plant. The next half of the film includes many surprise twists and turns, so I won’t spoil the rest of it for you.
The music by Thomas Newman is moving and at the same time, it makes the film a lot of fun! And in the way of sound, the sound effects are top-notch and add new believability to this fanciful story. And it’s Pixar, so of course the animation rocks! But what totally trumps the animation is the camera angles and very soulful character development in EVE.
Another great aspect of this movie is Fred Willard. Although his part isn’t all that big (he is in the live-action commercials for BuyNLarge, the WalMartish corporation that essentially buys out the world), it is essential to the message of the movie and honestly, it’s one of his better performances.
So, Pros: good for the little ones, great filmmaking, and a surprisingly great message. Cons: the cuteness might annoy you, but whenever it gets repetitive, it stops itself and gets good. Honestly, this should be the next animated film nominated for Best Picture. Hey, a guy can dream, can’t he? “WALL—E” is Rated G and 97 minutes long.

My review: quite possibly one of the best films ever. Everything about it felt so desolate, yet so right. Pixar have gone one step further than anyone else in the animation business- or in the film business full stop, it could be argued- and yet they still manage to pull it off. I didn’t find the cuteness of WALL-E and EVE’s relationship particularly annoying, as it was sort of the whole point of the film, that they were more human than the humans themselves. Actually, nothing annoyed me about the film. I got so sucked into it, I really just didn’t want it to end.

Just superb. One of Pixar’s best yet.

11/10, fact, if you disagree, go buy a heart and a soul.

-EIA- :wink: