Wall-E: The Fan Game ~ DEMO 2 OUT NOW!

Excellent work, Mygames19! The new level is hardly recognisable from the first beta version you released a while ago. I like the Mac system sound, and also the funny noise EVE makes when she flips on her side in the the air, heheh. All of the character sprites are SO cute! The annoying thing was the pit of death with the spikes in it that was hard to get out of. I’d encourage anyone who has Windows to download this - it’s tons of fun! Do you think you’ll ever release this on a Mac, though?

Here’s my suggestions for improvements

• when you pause the game, the music should pause too.
  • an instruction and controls text at the beginning would be nice.
  • EVE is a bit hard to slow down, say if you need to change directions quickly, and it would be cool to make her hover above the ground a bit.
  • Being able to pause and go back to the main screen to choose a different character to play, and eventually a save file option.

That’s all I can think of for now. Keep it up - a really fun game!

I started from scratch, I didint want to re-use old material unless I had to.

actually, that’s Wall-E’s sound effect… I didint have time to change it ^^’

Can you send a screenshot via PM? I know I made the first stage a little hard, so let me know what to fix so the public won’t be quite so troubled.

A mac version will be out as soon as Game Maker supports it. Game Maker 8 will suposidly support it, and it’s currently in beta, so maybe by the end of the year? XP

Can do. :slight_smile:

They already exist, but since the Beta is in Debug mode it doesint show up.

The loose controls are part of here character, but I can tighten it if you’d like. Also, even though it will require some engine tweaking, I’ll work on it :wink:

Switching characters would only be a debug mode feature. it wouldint fit the games story.

EDIT: W00T! 150th Post. :slight_smile:

Well, this is unfortunate. I sent out 4 Betas to 4 testers 3 weeks ago - And I’ve only gotten responses from 1 of my Beta testers. If this is because my file host sucks, I can get another host, but PLEASE message me and let me know your having a problem so I can fix it. If all of my beta testers have gone inactive - than I’ll ether have to E-mail them or get new Beta testers, which is unfortunate indeed. I’m going to send E-Mails to those possible, but If I do not get a response from Beta Testers within the next 2 weeks, than I’ll have to find new Beta testers.

Anyhow, here’s something for those who aren’t beta testers, to validate my post. :wink:

Quick screenie from Birthday Beta. :sunglasses:

Aw, I hope other beta testers find the time to test out the latest version of the game. If it’s any consolatio, I had a lot of fun playing it.

Here’s the pit of death that I’m talking about. For some reason EVE didn’t show up in that screenshot. I think she was flashing because she was hurt.

And this part was a little bit tricky because when I’d bump into the tyre to the right of WALL-E it would spring him too far so it got a bit frustrating trying to time the jumps just right so I could get to the top. But overall it’s no biggie.

I’ve just sent my review of the latest update of the game and those are two points I tried to describe as being quite difficult (though I’m not sure if you’d know which bits I’d meant without Rachel’s screencaps, Mygames19, as I didn’t describe it very well. :laughing:) With that second one, I would sometimes end up cheating and just jumping right on top of the first tyre which just sends you to the top without having to use the second tyre.

It’s a very impressive game, though! Amazing how much time and effort you’ve put into it, Mygames19, especially since you managed to get all three characters up and running!

I’d appritiate if Beta Testers could keep screenshots in Personal Messages to me or other beta testers only, but I’ll make an exception this once:

RachelCakes1985: Yes, when characters get hurt the animation flashes between transparent and visible, that’s way EVE can’t be seen in the screenshot. However, I understand that pit is hard to avoid, but I want to keep it in, just for lolz sake. :slight_smile:

However, I will be removing that hard to climb platforming section in your second screenshot. All beta testers that have replied to me so far have expressed that it’s too difficult to climb (especially on the first stage.)

lizardgirl: Well, I’m glad my Beta Testers are enjoying it. :slight_smile:

This looks really cool! Looking forward to completion!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Development has been a bit slow lately because I’ve been getting ready for school and all, But once school is back in for a few weeks I’ll be right back on it. :slight_smile:

I’m mostly working on adding finishing touches and maybe a few bugs here and there, so a demo by or before Christmas WILL happen.

Sorry MyGames19, I’ve received your PM, but I’m a bit busy with assignments lately. I may have more time to give your demo a go (all the feedback is making me curious about it!), so I’ll try it out and give feedback when I have the chance.

But keep on preserving regardless, I truly admire your dedication. Looking forward to the great Christmas gift! :wink:

thedriveintheatre: That’s Okay. Just send me a PM When you are avalable and I’ll send you a new link (I removed the original downloads for security purposes - no out-sourcing download links!)

Hehe, Maybe I’ll hold out on the demo just for that reason… :smiley:

~On the Twelfth day of Christmas,
a user gave to me,
A demo of his Wall-E Fangame!~

(well, not yet… But it’s almost ready!)

It was weeks before Christmas, and all threw the house,
someone was stirring, and it wasn’t a mouse.
Thew the door and the entry way,
sat a boy who had nothing to say.
leaned forward in his chair and upright in his mind,
he couldin’t help to think who’d find,
that all this work was left behind.
So he toiled throughout the day and night,
and here his is, and man, what a sight.
with the polish and shine of a bowling ball,
or the spit on the end of some black soled shoes,
the gift was ready, the wrapping was nice,
the time was now and the price was right!
So sit back and marvel, or maybe stare,
because the Fangame’s almost here for you!
Merry Christmas!
~Mygames19

P.S. Santa says you’ll get this gift a little early… be on around Christmas EVE (if possible) for a treat. :slight_smile:

(This has also been posted on the first post…)

Ooh, very exciting, Mygames19! I now especially can’t wait for Christmas Eve. And that Christmassy poem you wrote was lovely, too. :smiley:

Cool idea mygames! I’m really looking forward to playing it, it looks great :slight_smile: !

I’m so excited! :smiley:

Cool! It’s great that you design your own games, Mygames19!

lizardgirl, christvs, AUTOA113 & JustSoWall-eCrazy: Thanks guys for all of your enthusiasm! I really appreciate it. But, uh, Lizardgirl… as a beta tester, you get a version early. XD

Speaking of Beta Testing, I sent a personal message with the Beta over to my Beta testers Rachelcakes1985 and Lizardgirl. Since I sent it on Sunday last week, I’ve made my own fixes and improvements and I think it’s ready for it’s public release on Christmas EVE. HOWEVER, I need my beta testers to give me the okay before it’s release.

And hey, if any of you can spread the word, that would be great. Most people have forgot about this project, and I want to make sure they remember again. After all, what’s a gift without the people to enjoy it? :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!
~Mygames19

Ah, of course, Mygames19. And I apologise for not having tested the newer version yet- I’ve been very busy of late and would like to give it a decent amount of time and testing, so a review should be on its way to you sometime tomorrow.

Thanks Mygames! I sent you a few notes in a PM.

lizardgirl: If your gonna beta test it, it’s gonna have to be today, because tonight (Tuesday night) I need to port it over to Windows 7/Vista!

rachelcakes1985: Thanks! I got it. :slight_smile:

For anyone interested, I just published a trailer of Demo2 on Youtube! Don’t worry, it’s only 45 seconds long. :wink:

[url]Wall-E The Fangame - Demo 2 Trailer - YouTube

[b]You can play Demo 2 of the Wall-E Fangame NOW!

[u][i][url]http://tinyurl.com/WTFGCER[/url][/i][/u]

Enjoy!
[/b]