What format do you own your pixar movies on?

I bet they look fantastic in Blu-Ray. I’ve not really cared much for it, I personally prefer DVD.

The Blu-Rays look pretty good, but I haven’t seen them in true HD because my TV isn’t HDMI-compatible. For years I was resistant to upgrading to BRs, buuuuut I couldn’t resist all that bonus material… 8D

Okay, now I’ve got some updates!

All the VHS versions are gone, and have already been replaced with Blu-Ray combo packs.

So now it’s like this:

DVD
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Pixar Short Films Collection, Volume 1
Pixar Short Films Collection, Volume 2
Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Tales

Blu-ray
Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
Brave

You know, I sure can’t wait to get Monsters University!

By the way, I only own one edition for each of those titles. Darn, I wish I had more! I wonder what the bonus features are like…

I’m still debating on whether or not I should upgrade Ratatouille and WALL-E. Ratatouille especially… agghhh not enough features!!! :shake: :mrgreen: WALL-E would probably be OK, since I own the deluxe DVD version. But I am so upgrading Cars… going from used fullscreen DVD to 3D Deluxe Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray! Gosh, I can’t wait! And obviously, MU will be in glorious HD Deluxe Blu-Ray as well… :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to get Monsters University, too, ObsessedWithPixar! It is gonna come out in a week from today! Hey, are you trying to upgrade for the bonus features? I’m trying to do that, too. Here’s why:

I own a Fullscreen 2-disc edition of The Incredibles on DVD. Recently, I found out there was a studio story in the Blu-Ray combo pack version and it’s called Gary’s Birthday. This edition I currently own has Jack-Jack Attack, Boundin’, and Mr. Incredible and Pals. Plus character interviews with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, and Edna Mode. Plus an alternate opening and deleted scenes such as Snug.

My Cars DVD is full screen and contains the Epilogue, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghostlight, plus 4 deleted scenes such as Top Down Truck Stop and Community Service. Plus a featurette called Inspiration for Cars–with John Lasseter!

My Ratatouille DVD is lacking bonus features.

As for the rest of the films, my sister owns a 10th anniversary edition of the Toy Story DVD, and I own the Blu-Ray combo pack version of the original Toy Story. I wonder if the edition my sister owns contains the so-called Toy Story Treats…

^Yeah, the only reason I want to upgrade them is because of the features. HD is nice, but my TV isn’t HDMI-compatible, so really all I care about right now is the features. It’s the whole reason I stopped buying DVDs to begin with! I mean, the Ratatouille BD has a commentary, for one thing (and I love commentaries like crazy). I think Cars has a whole other deleted scene, and I bet the new 3D edition will be looooooaded with stuff :slight_smile: I own all but four films on BD, and Nemo and WALL-E have enough features that I may not upgrade them (although I have heard that FN has awesome 3D, so I’m sorta considering it). But yeah, Cars and Ratouille are definitely getting upgraded.
And yessssss MU is a week away! Of course, I’ll probably just get it for Christmas, so it’ll be a while… ah well, I don’t mind the wait too much; makes it more exciting! :smiley:

I think I’m going to give in and buy a Blu-Ray of Monsters University. :laughing: I own all the other Pixar movies on DVD, but I’m going to pay a few dollars more and get some decent bonus features.

I still need to upgrade all of the Pixar films I own to Blu-Ray. I’m sure the next home video format will be out by the time I do so, haha.

All of mine are on DVD and I have yet to upgrade to Blu-Ray. Though I believe I’m getting a Blu-Ray player for Christmas so I can work on upgrading them then. Tho I think my Monsters U will be a Blu Ray version

I’m planning to get Monsters University tomorrow- On bluray. I need those special features!

The DVDs are ripoffs. In July I bought Monsters Inc on DVD. NO BONUS FEATURES. And when I so NO BONUS FEATURES I mean they didn’t even put the fake gag real that usually plays during the credits.

Ridiculous.

At least we’ve got combo packs! You know, a Blu-Ray player can play both Blu-Rays and DVDs. Mine is actually a computer.

UPDATED from 2010

VHS:
Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo

DVD:
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Toy Story 3 (new)

Digital HD:
Monsters U. (new)

I also have a separate disc that contains tons of bonus stuff from TS/TS2.

^Still have your VHSs, very nice!

That is just wrong :angry: . Hence why I no longer buy DVDs…

I gave in and bought my first Blu-Ray (MU) last weekend. :laughing: It feels SO GOOD to finally have some decent bonus features.

I want to upgrade to BR just to have the bonus features, man. :frowning: My Up DVD doesn’t even have a commentary track!! They’re all on DVD so far except for A Bug’s Life. Considering my VHS player no longer works, I should really look into replacing that one soon. :laughing:

I know, it was a whole new level of cheapness.

I can’t wait to watch the bonus features! I haven’t had the opportunity to yet.

Really! Not even a commentary tack? Now that you mention it, I have the DVD for up as well, and I’ve never listened to the commentary, as much as I’d like to.

I have Toy Story 1-3, A Bug’s Life, Monster’s, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars 1 and 2, Wall-E, Up, and Brave on DVD. I also have The Incredibles on Bluray. As stupid as it is, I didn’t have the heart to sell my DVD. 8D My dad sold Ratatouille without telling/asking us, so yeah.

I own all Pixar films (Excluding Cars 2 and Monsters University) on DVD. I used to own the 1st 2 Toy Story films on VHS until I replaced them with DVDs. I often replace what I own on VHS with DVDs like many of the animated Disney films. The best feature to have on a DVD is an audio commentary.

I just got a Blu-Ray player for Christmas so now I can finally start to replace my DVDs. So far the only Pixar movies I have on Blu-Ray right now are Monsters U and Cars. All the others I have are on DVD still.