What format do you own your pixar movies on?

I’m still debating on whether or not I should upgrade Ratatouille and WALL-E. Ratatouille especially
 agghhh not enough features!!! :shake: :mrgreen: WALL-E would probably be OK, since I own the deluxe DVD version. But I am so upgrading Cars
 going from used fullscreen DVD to 3D Deluxe Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray! Gosh, I can’t wait! And obviously, MU will be in glorious HD Deluxe Blu-Ray as well
 :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to get Monsters University, too, ObsessedWithPixar! It is gonna come out in a week from today! Hey, are you trying to upgrade for the bonus features? I’m trying to do that, too. Here’s why:

I own a Fullscreen 2-disc edition of The Incredibles on DVD. Recently, I found out there was a studio story in the Blu-Ray combo pack version and it’s called Gary’s Birthday. This edition I currently own has Jack-Jack Attack, Boundin’, and Mr. Incredible and Pals. Plus character interviews with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, and Edna Mode. Plus an alternate opening and deleted scenes such as Snug.

My Cars DVD is full screen and contains the Epilogue, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghostlight, plus 4 deleted scenes such as Top Down Truck Stop and Community Service. Plus a featurette called Inspiration for Cars–with John Lasseter!

My Ratatouille DVD is lacking bonus features.

As for the rest of the films, my sister owns a 10th anniversary edition of the Toy Story DVD, and I own the Blu-Ray combo pack version of the original Toy Story. I wonder if the edition my sister owns contains the so-called Toy Story Treats

^Yeah, the only reason I want to upgrade them is because of the features. HD is nice, but my TV isn’t HDMI-compatible, so really all I care about right now is the features. It’s the whole reason I stopped buying DVDs to begin with! I mean, the Ratatouille BD has a commentary, for one thing (and I love commentaries like crazy). I think Cars has a whole other deleted scene, and I bet the new 3D edition will be looooooaded with stuff :slight_smile: I own all but four films on BD, and Nemo and WALL-E have enough features that I may not upgrade them (although I have heard that FN has awesome 3D, so I’m sorta considering it). But yeah, Cars and Ratouille are definitely getting upgraded.
And yessssss MU is a week away! Of course, I’ll probably just get it for Christmas, so it’ll be a while
 ah well, I don’t mind the wait too much; makes it more exciting! :smiley:

I think I’m going to give in and buy a Blu-Ray of Monsters University. :laughing: I own all the other Pixar movies on DVD, but I’m going to pay a few dollars more and get some decent bonus features.

I still need to upgrade all of the Pixar films I own to Blu-Ray. I’m sure the next home video format will be out by the time I do so, haha.

All of mine are on DVD and I have yet to upgrade to Blu-Ray. Though I believe I’m getting a Blu-Ray player for Christmas so I can work on upgrading them then. Tho I think my Monsters U will be a Blu Ray version

I’m planning to get Monsters University tomorrow- On bluray. I need those special features!

The DVDs are ripoffs. In July I bought Monsters Inc on DVD. NO BONUS FEATURES. And when I so NO BONUS FEATURES I mean they didn’t even put the fake gag real that usually plays during the credits.

Ridiculous.

At least we’ve got combo packs! You know, a Blu-Ray player can play both Blu-Rays and DVDs. Mine is actually a computer.

UPDATED from 2010

VHS:
Toy Story
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo

DVD:
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Toy Story 3 (new)

Digital HD:
Monsters U. (new)

I also have a separate disc that contains tons of bonus stuff from TS/TS2.

^Still have your VHSs, very nice!

That is just wrong :angry: . Hence why I no longer buy DVDs

I gave in and bought my first Blu-Ray (MU) last weekend. :laughing: It feels SO GOOD to finally have some decent bonus features.

I want to upgrade to BR just to have the bonus features, man. :frowning: My Up DVD doesn’t even have a commentary track!! They’re all on DVD so far except for A Bug’s Life. Considering my VHS player no longer works, I should really look into replacing that one soon. :laughing:

I know, it was a whole new level of cheapness.

I can’t wait to watch the bonus features! I haven’t had the opportunity to yet.

Really! Not even a commentary tack? Now that you mention it, I have the DVD for up as well, and I’ve never listened to the commentary, as much as I’d like to.

I have Toy Story 1-3, A Bug’s Life, Monster’s, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars 1 and 2, Wall-E, Up, and Brave on DVD. I also have The Incredibles on Bluray. As stupid as it is, I didn’t have the heart to sell my DVD. 8D My dad sold Ratatouille without telling/asking us, so yeah.

I own all Pixar films (Excluding Cars 2 and Monsters University) on DVD. I used to own the 1st 2 Toy Story films on VHS until I replaced them with DVDs. I often replace what I own on VHS with DVDs like many of the animated Disney films. The best feature to have on a DVD is an audio commentary.

I just got a Blu-Ray player for Christmas so now I can finally start to replace my DVDs. So far the only Pixar movies I have on Blu-Ray right now are Monsters U and Cars. All the others I have are on DVD still.

Wow, I’m gonna have to make a big thread bump here!

Recently it has come to my attention that now my getting rid of the old VHS format I used to have was, in fact, a big mistake. If I am searching for them on eBay it’s because I want them back. I just got 2 of them now, actually–Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, which I will also eventually get the DVD of as well. (It counts, partly because of the Toy Story intro and stuff like that.) And before that I got a really good deal on this 1996 tape called Tiny Toy Stories (which, by the way, features the earliest of Pixar’s shorts).

I also still have my DVDs and Blu-Ray combo packs for pretty much all the films as well. In DVD terms, I have:

Toy Story 2-disc 10th anniversary edition

The Incredibles 2-disc fullscreen

Cars single-disc fullscreen

Ratatouille single-disc (which did NOT come with bonus disc like some copies did–and I guess it would be in its own seperate cover, which I think was smaller than the regular cover, as I had recently noticed in one of my eBay searches)

WALL-E single-disc with limited edition cover (made of 100% recycled material–and it slides out)

Up single-disc

Toy Story 3 single disc

Cars 2 single disc

Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1 single-disc

Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 2 single-disc

Cars Toon: Mater’s Tall Tales single-disc

And in Blu-Ray terms, I have:

Toy Story 2-disc combo pack

A Bug’s Life 2-disc combo pack

Toy Story 2 2-disc combo pack

Monsters, Inc. 3-disc combo pack with bonus Blu-Ray disc

Finding Nemo 3-disc combo pack with bonus Blu-Ray disc

Brave 3-disc combo pack with bonus Blu-Ray disc

Monsters University 3-disc combo pack with bonus Blu-Ray disc–came with digital copy redemption code

Inside Out 3-disc combo pack woth bonus Blu-ray disc–came with digital HD redemption code

The Good Dinosaur 2-disc combo pack–came with digital HD redemption code

Toy Story of Terror! single-disc Blu-Ray combo with Digital HD redemption code

Toy Story That Time Forgot single-disc Blu-Ray combo with Digital HD redemption code

As for the digital versions, I did redeem the codes for Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Toy Story of Terror!, and Toy Story That Time Forgot. (I lost the one for Monsters University due to an uncertainty I was facing with my previous account(s) at the time, but don’t worry. I may eventually buy it off of iTunes again so’s to have it back.) I also have the digital versions for Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles, both of which I had gotten as a complimentray from connecting my iTunes and other accounts to Disney Movies Anywhere–so the movies are also on Google Play and/or YouTube (er, the Google account), VUDU, and Amazon Video. (There was also an option for Microsoft, but I’m not using that right now.) I also happen to have the first 20 Pixar shorts indidually downloaded over on my Amazon video as well.

So in my case, expect a lot more editions/formats to come in my collection of Pixar movies (even the rare promos, too!) in the coming weeks or months ahead. Because suddenly I am losing interest in all non-Pixar films–of which, I am slowly starting to lose interst in all those other movies ever made as of late. I am currently in the process of slowly eliminating them, one at a time. Soon those Pixar films will be all I have left, because the movie collection I have right now will eventually consist of nothing but Pixar films in like, every single edition and/or format they’ve ever been sold through (which might be why I eventually plan on getting a multi-region disc player for my future home). And that all I will ever watch someday are just the Pixar films only–because, let’s put it this way, I do tend to watch Pixar’s movies more than anything else, and plus they’ve always been my preferred studio over pretty much all others anyway.

–evspixarfan2012

*Oh, I’m sorry. Did I get carried away with my details again? :laughing:

I have DVDs of some Pixar Movies.

But as my DVDs kept wearing out or I was repeatedly sold pre-damaged DVDs, I lost interest in that storage medium.

So now I purchase them via iTunes.

There are currently 9 Pixar films available on the Blu-Ray/Digital HD combo packs with what looks like character face close-ups on both the cover and disc
they can be found over at DisneyStore, Target, and/or Best Buy. Not only do I plan on getting those soon–so I can redeem those digital codes onto my new iPod I’m trying to save up for right now–but I had already asked for one of those to be given to me as my birthday gift this year
 (I’ll let you guys know in a couple of months over here which one of those I have gotten
as soon as it comes to be the right time, okay?)

Also none of them are currently available in 4K combo pack at the moment, but eventually they will be at some point in the future. (I’m still tempted to buy the already available 3D combo packs while I still have the chance, though! :wink: )