What was it like when you first started on Pixar Planet?

Well, when I was on the site, there weren’t nearly as many members…But I still felt very welcome. :smiley: If I recall correctly, there was a large outburst of spammers creating rather provocative threads to adult sites…That issue was quickly dealt with, thanks to Dash and the other mods at the time (January of '07). I can still remember when none of us had ANY idea of what WALL-E was… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the forum used to be a lot more busy when I first signed up. Not as much discussion going on now, but as long as my friends here are still active then it’s allll good. I’m sure we’ll get a lot more activity after Up is released.

Like TSS I go way back to the i-Kronos days. I was a big forum-addict around that time looking for a Pixar fan base to share my enthusiasm with. i-Kronos seemed to be the most coherent one I found. then the transition occurred, and I got to be one of the earlier members of Pixar Planet. Then I ended up becoming engrossed in my “real” life, and didn’t really visit any forums. (Which is partially the reason for that really big hiatus in Radio Pixar…) Now that I’m back, it’s amazing to see how large the site has really grown. It’s great to be back. (Says the prodigal moderator of Pixar Planet)

It’s very nice to see you back again AJ. I know we have known each other for a long time (probably about four and a half years).

Off-topic: I love your siggy

I always remember your ambition, TSS. You were always showing us your fan-videos and your trivia question segement was probably one of the only consistent and entirely on topic things recorded.

Off-topic: Thanks!

This really isnt all about how it was when I signed up, but does anyone know where a lot of the old time members of the old I-Kronos board are now? Its been a while since Ive seen Dash or PV and such online, are they still here?

Vekoma: I’ve noticed that PV posts stuff every now and then, but Dash has been like, absolutely elusive. (As long as I’ve been here, though… even before I signed up I was still on this site all the time.) I dunno. Maybe they have just gotten really busy or something.

I’m at least glad that the front page of Pixar Planet has finally been updated. For the longest time, it was like stuck on events that took place in October of 2007. :laughing:

little chef

Yes, it does seem that our “veteran members” don’t frequent quite as often as they (Or I guess I should say “we”…) used to. But, as PV’s thread indicates, sometimes off0internet lives can get very hectic. Every once and awhile I’ll talk to Dash and he seems to be knowledgeable of some goings on at the forum.

Like many of our members here, I date back to the I-kronos days. Everyone there was like family to each other. The Transition began when spammers began joining the boards. Then came the Luxo thing, which erased everyones stats and what not. Then came PixarPlanet. Of course I was a member when that first came out but because of personal reasons, I stopped posting.

Until last summer (meaning the one that just ended) thats when I was all like; “alright. I miss it, im going back” :smiley:

Before I officially rejoined, I’d check back every now and then, just to see how everything was going. I tried to join other forums (It seems the changes at I-k to PixarPlanet may have scared me away) but none of them were as friendly as this one! I heart this forum, and I heart everyone here :slight_smile:

I haven’t really been here long enough to see a significant change, but I have fallen into a really great group of people. When I first started, I was a nervous wreck, posting frantically, possibly scaring members, it was a bit overkill. Since then (wow, it’s been a LONG 3 months) I’ve found some of the most excellent friends anyone could ask for. The movie nights have enhanced that tenfold, and it’s just fantastic to find people that actually understand me in my outbursts of absolute geek-dom.

There was a slightly different atmosphere, mostly because of users like Flare (WBoon, that got ugly quickly), and a few other members I don’t exactly remember that well have fallen away from the site, and now there’s just this core user group. I’ve become fast friends with just about everyone here, and I’m incredibly grateful for it.

I think I found this site through the list of Pixar In-Jokes. I had the page in my favorites (and had to watch the Incredibles again to verify that Doc is indeed in there! XD) about two months before I acually joined. And I think I mainly joined so that i could share my fanfics on here just like on ff.net (I had joined there around the same time too). I remember starting off small, no one really knew me. I wasn’t much of a poster at first either. But soon, I caught the major posting buzz and I know a lot more people know me now than before. :wink: I just wish I would have had a well working Internet during the days this place started. There were a lot more Cars fans, and I would have loved to meet them. They just don’t seem to be around as much. sigh

Like ffdude, I haven’t been around enough yet for a major change though. Only a little bit under a year I think is when I joined. It still doesn’t seem possible that I’ve been around for about a third of the site’s life. It feels as if I’ve missed out on more than 2/3 of PP’s life, but yet at the same time, it feels as if I’ve been here for much longer than I have. If that makes any sense. XD

Yeah man. thats what it is. Even though its great to meet new people, its the user groups that put the icing on the cake.

Actually, I found this site while I’m googling about Ratatouille back in 2007. I noticed that this is a forum for Pixar fans, and I’m giving it a shot. I say why not? However, the process of registration was pretty confusing for me that time. I’m 16! Duh! Yeah, i’m 16 and immature Instead of Captcha, there were numbers. Okay, whatever.

I tried again next year. The day when WALL•E premiering here (pardon my broken English-ness). Still, I’m confuse with those registration thingey.

'Til 12 June 2009. I started my new life (seriously). No more Facebook, MySpace or whatever including those boring life. I’m brave enough to say that PP has put color in my life.

To be honest, I am quite scared (more to timid) to post comments here, especially I’m scared that somebody will criticize me or something. But I found the community here is very warm, and it encouraged me to move further. In addition, PP has made me an artist, storyteller, movie critic (I always since my first movie in cinema), a little bit of techie, and most of all a good friend. :slight_smile:

Kudos to all PP members. :slight_smile: :wink:

Seems a bit confusing at times, i honestly think it could be set up differently, so it could be navigated through more easily.

Im willing to talk to some mods, and give them my opinion on things to see if maybe That is a possibility??

I like it here though, i learn a LOT. :slight_smile:

I found this forum when I searched “Pixar fan sites.” on Google. I do admit that when I started out, I was quite immature, not capitalizing, going off topic, and making random threads and such. Good thing I cleaned up. Everyone here was really nice. LUV YA.

Pixar Planet is still one of my favorite websites!

I was kind of a lurker back in late 2006, so I’ve seen the community and user interaction change a lot. Around that time my parents were really wary about my whereabouts on the internet and therefore I had very limited internet privelages, so joining was not an option at that point. So we convinced my good friend JesusFreak to join, and he was a pretty active member around here until just recently. Through him I was able to present a lot of my older graphics, and that’s how a lot of the members already know me as “red”. :wink:

So yeah, I visited PixarPlanet pretty much once every week during the Ratatouille craze, and I just loved the member interaction and warm user community; I so wanted to be a part of it, but wasn’t quite sure how my parents felt about me on the internet. After I got an email address, was on the internet more for schoolwork, and got a Facebook, I knew my parents trusted where I was on the internet and thought, “Well, this is long overdue!” and signed up for an account here! :smiley: I don’t know where I’d be today if it weren’t for PixarPlanet. I’ve just made so many awesome friends here and am able to talk freely about my geeky Pixar fandom and all that without feeling condemned. Plus, I found the love of my life here (mo… love you!!! <3) completely by happenstance… who would’ve thunk? :laughing:

That being said, since I was a lurker for so long, it feels like I’ve been here far longer than I really have, so it’s a mixture of feelings when asking me, “What was it like when you first joined?” It’s always been that I was welcomed with open arms, accepted by many, acquainted with those of like interests and even moral beliefs, and so on, so forth. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love PixarPlanet. <3 I don’t think the members who originally founded it knew just how many lives this one site was going to change. :wink:

little chef

I first discovered this site while I was on a search for WALL•E fan art. After browsing around and such, I decided to join this site.

I actually started posting on this site about two weeks after I joined, but it was because I thought that they forgot to send me my activation e-mail. Eventually I found that it got lost in my spam folder! :laughing:

Ever since, I’ve met people on here who share similar interests and some are even brothers and sisters in Christ. I feel like I have found a world to share my fan works and express my love for these movies with.

I hope to keep entertaining you all with my graphics, my art, and my parodies. :wink:

I discovered PP from Up Forum. I quickly registered (took me quite some time with the number thingamajig though…) and decided to become a regular because this is a really nice forum.

Whenever I join a forum for the first time I feel a bit awkward with what I post, but that didn’t happen here, since you guys are really nice people. You respect opinions, and that’s awesome. :sunglasses:

In early October I had just learned about the Toy Story Collection toys. I wanted some more info on it so I googled it. I clicked on a link that happened to be the link to the TSC thread. I was following that thread daily. Eventually I decided to register an account so I can talk about Toy Story with other Toy Story fans. I went under the name Tyler95 but the e-mail conformation was never e-mailed to me. A couple of weeks later I decided to register again under Tyler1995. That’s basically how I became a Pixar Planet member.

I seem to have forgotten what it was that led me here, except I guess a passion for Pixar films. :wink: