What would you like to see Pixar animate?

That’d be nice, but remember, if Pixar doesn’t, you can always have someone else do it, or you could try it out yourself. :wink:

A movie on music would be prefect for Pixar.

It might not be “prefect”, but hey, it’s not a bad idea.

If I said what I’d like to see I’d get my ideas stolen by someone. :stuck_out_tongue:

But anything is good with Pixar - they always do something unexpected, and that’s what I love about them. :smiley: Even if they do some cliche thing, I know they’d make it their own and make it unique and blah blah … I sound like a kiss-up. :laughing:

THat is a cool idea. I was thinking maybe a musical movie.

Been reading these ideas – great ones – about period pieces, fantasies, dinosaurs (which are reptiles, by the way! Mammals are warm blooded and have milk-producing mammary glands!), and even a possible musical.

Doesn’t it feel like they’ve been exploring which new kind of animal/creature to animate as a human species? We’ve got living toys, insects, monsters, fish, cars, rats, robots, and one featuring just humans (superhero genre).
But in upcoming films (besides the sequels), a story about an old man, a fairy tale, and one about newts. They’ve never made anything to do with old men, fairy tales, or amphibians!

I think they’re all about putting new stuff out there, but a Pixar a musical seems far-fetched because they’re so rooted in tradition. To wit, the checklist: pizza truck cameo, a reference to the upcoming film in the preceding one, in-jokes of props or characters from previous films, no musicals and no failures. Even Brad Bird had a hard time fitting the bill!

~Sarah

What if they’re just rehashing old material because they’re running out of new? :bulb: Oh, they could do birds!

THose are good ideas Funnygirl.

^ Really? They’re good ideas because they’re theirs! The next three films from Pixar Animation Studios were announced: after Wall-E, Up('09), The Bear and the Bow('11), and Newt ('11). See for more info at [url]http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/three-new-pixar-films-revealed.html[/url]. Or if you want a truckload of comprehensive details/spoilers about the next five films (excluding Toy Story 3 which they seem to be keeping a tight lid on), go to [url]http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36333[/url]. Beware! Even I couldn’t go through it all; it was revealing too much about Wall-E and Up especially.

I check up at pixarblog.blogspot.com/ all the time. It’s insane how much the owner updates it!

~Sarah

Oh, and how do I URL a code like “click” or something?

I mentioned this before, but I’d like to see them tackle something in the pirate genre. I’d also like to see them animating birds on a full scale, maybe something with tocans, parrots, in a tropical setting.

Feathers are the devil to render, but Pixar has never shirked from a challenge. Case in point, tackling water in FN and blowing up everything under the sun in TI. I’m a big fan and random and oft’ times pointless musical moments, so I wouldn’t object to it.
Naturally I have own ideas too, but I don’t plan on pitching anything until way into the future :sunglasses:

^ Pitch something to us!

~Sarah

If I’m correct in understanding you, the way to “code” a link so that it reads as something else besides its default title is pretty simple. Voila’:

Type in: “Your New LInk Name Here”

Simply replace the words in quotation marks with the link and then whatever you want to title your link accordingly, only without the quotation marks. Once complete, it should look something like this:

Pixar Planet

Did that help you out? :wink:

Bill - Hey, yeah! Pirates! What I wouldn’t give to see that…

– Mitch

A pirate theme sounds really intresting Bill. And it would be appropriate too because most of our culture loves pirates.

Hey thanks, Mitch! I had an idea of what to do only I put the word in the brackets instead of the link.

Hmm. They haven’t animated trees yet. Or mythalogical creatures like giants and centaurs. And they haven’t done… food. o_0

~Sarah

I still would like to see them animating dragons in the near future. Let see, what else could they do? Hmmm, well, how about jungle cats (lions, tigers, cheetahs, etc.) , or something with singers… or maybe that fits into the whole musical film idea.

FunnyGirl - No problem! Happy to help. :wink:

Besides the obvious fact that Pixar has already rolled out a couple of productions that feature inorganic objects which come to life (Toy Story and Toy Story 2), I wouldn’t mind seeing them expand upon this premise/idea. Personally, I would gladly pay to see a Luxo Jr. film. Heck, even something with toilets would capture my attention. Now that would be something. Toilets. Heh. Imagine the possibilites…

Wait! Chess! A chess board and pieces! Yeah, there ya’ go. I’d watch that.

– Mitch

I think they could prpbably do something about the life inside a pet store.

How about something with bats or creatures of the night? How about them animating tasmanian devils? Or something along the line of the " Night on Bald Mountain" segment of Fantasia ?

Ooh, I’d love to see that! As long as Disney stays away from that idea, that movie would be great! :smiley:

Sometimes, I hope Pixar looks at this, maybe they might use one of a PP member’s idea.