What's in a Username?

I grew to like my username so much, I use it for pretty much every website I’m on. I think I’ve even called myself K9Girl a few times when talking to myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

iv: it doesn’t make you sound dumb! lol, i remember you saying that in some other thread a while ago and now every time i watched tangled i’m like, “AHHH OMG MY USERNAME!”

Im kind of glad I chose something other than the standard TWS________. it’s nice to differentiate.

Really? Hahaha. I’m glad it amuses you. :smiley:

Well a reason I chose to not use my actual name is for security reasons. Don’t want people searching me up online, and I’m careful of what I say to people online.

I’m the opposite. I’d like to be facebook/twitter friends with as many PP members as would be my friend. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D Maybe that’s why so many don’t want to be my friend, I’m too open to friends. 8D :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m the same way, sort of. I’m great friends with all the regular members here, and friends with them on facebook or twitter with most of them!

Yeah. :smiley: It’s fun to be connected to you guys like that!

My thoughts exactly! I just love my username, not to sound too full of myself or anything. But it’s like I got to name myself, and I love the sound of it when I say it outloud!

I would say that, but I’m not Incredible in the least, and, well, Virginia is my real name. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D

Oh believe me IV, You are an incredible member. Believe that.

This is a cool thread! I’ve often wonder the same thing about other people’s usernames. I think mine is quite straight-forward. I’ve used this username elsewhere too but when I first came up with it I knew it had to encorporate Cars and my favourite character yet be simple at the same time. I didn’t want one with too much meaning because I knew no one else would understand it. I also wanted to name myself using “Miss” but sticking Sally’s name on the end wasn’t very logical, it had too much “S” sound. MissSally. That’s when I decided to use her last name because I happen to love Porsches as well so it was the perfect triple whammy and I love the sound of it. I totally agree that I prefer my username over my real name. I love creating usernames because it’s like making a new identity for yourself. I never realized just how complex coming up with a username actually is until now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I already told you guys about mine, but I guess not! :laughing:

little chef comes from something someone used to call me in emails. I used to email this extremely nice lady who runs a girls mentoring group quite a few years back, and I had told her many times about how much I loved Ratatouille. She started calling me little chef in the emails, and I loved it so much, I used it as my email handle for a while!

eva is kind of a strange one. It partly has to do with a joke between me and a friend of mine (it involved randomly and awkwardly yelling “EVEEEE!” in the middle of youth group in dead silence), but I liked the way WALL-E always called EVE ‘Eva’, so I partly pulled it from that too, I suppose.

09 was the year that I joined PixarPlanet, but I didn’t choose it for that reason. It was actually my graduating year, and I use it in a lot of my internet handles. :slight_smile:

You’ll also notice how some of the ‘older’ members call me red sometimes, as well. I use that handle in my avvies and siggys because it was the nickname I used to identify myself before I joined. One of my friends used to put up a lot of my graphics for me, and I got to know some of the members that way. They all called me red as a result (since it was what I put on all my avvies and sigs), and some of them still do, as I mentioned earlier! You’re free to call me that if you wish, I actually prefer it since it matches my hair~ :smiley:

I’ve come up with some more interesting username handles since then, though, and sometimes wish I could change my username here cuz it sounds kinda dorky. :laughing: darnit, I shoulda picked noodlebrain89 after my bb Alfredo… :stuck_out_tongue:

little chef

Sweet explaination Little_Chef. I had a guess those were the reasons, but the number at the end of your username was the only part that had me puzzled.

I like your explanation, little-chef! I like that it has different sections. :smiley:

Haha, thanks. But I’m still really immature, and I can’t really see myself like that. I’m too silly. :confused:

I haven’t explained my story in a long time. Actually, since I started this thread. But most of you guys are new, so I’ll explain again.

TSS is the abbreviated name for The Star Swordsman. But The Star Swordsman refers to my personal fanfction original character in my Incredibles fanfictions.

You know some kids in my youth group randomly say “Jesus” in a sort of childish way when it’s dead silent.

I’m quite uncreative, as I just used my real name :smiley:

Personally I wouldn’t recommend that, Vincent (Stranger Danger and safety on the Internet and all that shiz). But that’s mighty honest of you! :slight_smile:

My username doesn’t have much of a deep meaning; but it is personal.
Some of my friends call me ‘Hot Head’ because I am quite stubborn but very passionate. That is where the ‘Flame’ part of my name comes from. I feel like I have a flame inside me and when I get into heated debates or do some songwriting or whatever else it just kinda flares up! 8D
The ‘Awesomeness’ part is really just a bit of jest. It’s my way of trying to show off my fun, vibrant and dynamic side. My username isn’t that special, but it reflects me and I think that is what is most important, right?