What's in a Username?

Really? I can see that. That makes sense. But it was sort of me trying to simply say I was a fan of the movie, and specifically Bob and Helen, while including my first name. I failed. If we could change them, if I thought of something more clear, I would change mine. I like how my name sounds, but I despise the connotations. :neutral_face:

Grifoshka, youā€™re welcome. :smiley:

I was thinking of chaning my username to somethingelse. Problem is, Iā€™ve been known as TSS here for as long as I could rmeember, so it would be a big change.

I canā€™t remember if I revealed this here before, but I guess nowā€™s a good time as any.

I went through many ideas before signing up here (I was a lurker for about two years!), but I finally settled on ā€˜thedriveintheatreā€™ because it combines my two loves for cars and films. What could be a better physical manifestation of the worldā€™s love for automobiles and cinema than a drive-in-theatre? Thereā€™s something majestic and beautiful of breathtaking visuals projected on a giant canvas under the stars; a dazzling symbiosis and synergy of man and nature. The fact that it was one of the settings in the Cars credits, and that I would love to visit one in real-life one day, made this a perfect summative symbol of my character.

In my ā€˜About Meā€™ sections of my various fan sites, I presented myself as the proprietor of a fictional theatre in Radiator Springs (cosā€™ I was a huge Cars geek back then). Good times. :slight_smile:

Also, I realised much later that it contains my name in there. Yes, if you pick the right letters (itā€™s not all of them, for sure!) and rearrange them, you can spell out my full name (first and last). Itā€™s a secret partial-anagram! So to the curious and cryptography-inclined, see if you can figure it out and look me up on Facebook. :wink:

My reason for picking S 330 was because I was working on a personal 3D animated short about a robot called S 330 (my avatar is also the head of the robot).
I usually pick something starting with the letters TWS (in reference to the miniature studio name I chose for myself: Time Warp Studios) like TWS Administrator or TWS Composer with the exception of this forum and two others.

i feel so lame i canā€™t even. like, /everyone/ has some neat backstory to their username.

mine went something like: i was sitting there staring at my computer screen and being the horrible username picker that i am, i opened this word document that has like a million bits of lyrics & junk that i use for fic titles on ff, and bits & pieces was right there at the top and i was desperate so i was just like OKAY ITā€™LL WORK.

and thatā€™s how i got my username~

Whoa, kind of like Lord Voldemort! :laughing: And I liked learning the meaning behind your username, its one of my favorite usernames on the site!

Heehee donā€™t worry. Thatā€™s excatly how I came up with my username too. I just smacked together 3 Pixar charcter names and added some slashes! Not very creative on my part, but I like your username!

This might sound really dumb to you, but I assumed(which is why I sound dumb :stuck_out_tongue: ) that your user name was due to in Tangled when Flynn says ā€œIā€™m just picking up bits and pieces hereā€¦ā€ 8D

I mentioned that there is always a reason why poeple choose their usernames. So itā€™s never lame. You made a decision, and we have come to know you because of it.

True, I canā€™t imagine being known as anything else but ellie-jessie-eve!

I like my username, I pretty much chose it from the start.

Same here. I prefer my username to my actual name.

I grew to like my username so much, I use it for pretty much every website Iā€™m on. I think Iā€™ve even called myself K9Girl a few times when talking to myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

iv: it doesnā€™t make you sound dumb! lol, i remember you saying that in some other thread a while ago and now every time i watched tangled iā€™m like, ā€œAHHH OMG MY USERNAME!ā€

Im kind of glad I chose something other than the standard TWS________. itā€™s nice to differentiate.

Really? Hahaha. Iā€™m glad it amuses you. :smiley:

Well a reason I chose to not use my actual name is for security reasons. Donā€™t want people searching me up online, and Iā€™m careful of what I say to people online.

Iā€™m the opposite. Iā€™d like to be facebook/twitter friends with as many PP members as would be my friend. :stuck_out_tongue: 8D Maybe thatā€™s why so many donā€™t want to be my friend, Iā€™m too open to friends. 8D :slight_smile:

Yeah, Iā€™m the same way, sort of. Iā€™m great friends with all the regular members here, and friends with them on facebook or twitter with most of them!

Yeah. :smiley: Itā€™s fun to be connected to you guys like that!

My thoughts exactly! I just love my username, not to sound too full of myself or anything. But itā€™s like I got to name myself, and I love the sound of it when I say it outloud!