Where did all the deep discussion go?

8D Was that last bit a joke? I wonder who the dad would be. :open_mouth: But anyway, this is a cool discussion. I agree with JSWeC; LC, how did you get the whole letter?

"Here’s the letter Renata wrote:

How did you get the entire letter? You must have supervision or something. I know that’s not the point, but…

IV, I never joke. Especially about such serious matters as fictional characters’ lineage. Lives hang in the balance!

By the way, for all who wonder about the content of Renata’s letter, here’s a link to some obscure forum and a topic deeply buried therein:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2699&start=0

Nice…

To everyone who asked about how I got hold of the letter, I actually read it right off a screenshot from the movie! The topic that JustSteve just put up was actually one posted by my old friend. The ‘red’ he talks about in that forum is me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can get the screenshot for you guys and put it up, if you want to see it. It also shows the whole will of Gusteau, too.

JustSteve: I never took that into consideration about the will. Honestly, I didn’t even know that’s how it worked. :laughing: Still, I secretly like to hope that Gusteau did in fact know he had a son, for cuteness’ sake, I suppose. There’s something so beautiful, yet sad about a father who knows about his child, but never got a chance to actually be the father to that child he was supposed to be.

As for Colette, I always imagined her to have grown up in a rich family, living with her wealthy father who gave her all she wanted. He never quipped about her desire to become a chef, since he was used to giving her what she wanted anyway, and figured as long as she was happy, it was fine. He funded her schooling, and always provided her money for the things she wanted, but I don’t see him being a big part of her life at all. He’d be the busy, always working and going abroad-type of person. As a result, Colette became an extremely independent person, but behind that tough mask of hers is a little girl who yearns to be loved, since she was never truly loved by her father.

little chef

I’d like to see that shot, please–and I’d imagined that for Colette too; she was so rich her father had done nearly everything, but once out in the real world…

[size=85]EDIT: No need to quote entire posts! - little chef[/size]