Which Pixar film always makes you cry?

I don’t outwardly cry usually, but several pixar films have made me want to.

Toy Story: When Buzz realizes he is a Toy
Ratatouille: Anton Ego’s Review
WALL-E: At the end when he looses his personality, saddest movie moment ever after the death of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings.
UP: When Ellie died at the begining of UP :frowning:
Toy Story 3: Lets see, when the Toy’s thought they were abandouned, During Chuckles telling Lotso’s story, When they all accepted their fate, and at the end when Andy gave them all away.

Toy Story 3. The childhood scene, incinerator scene, and of course when Andy gives Bonnie Woody.
Why did I cry at the childhood scene? Well, it reminded me of how much I loved Toy Story and Toy Story 2. The incinerator scene really had me on the edge of my seat, I felt like we were gonna lose the toys for good. And the last scene, well Woody’s my favorite character, because he’s strong, brave, and kind. I somewhat have his traits, 'cause I’ll never give up on someone.

Maybe I’m a bit hard hearted! Because only one Pixar film ever makes me cry and that’s Toy Story.
The “Sailing no more” Buzz on the stairs scene, and when they eventually light the rocket with the “…falling with style!” line. Just all the music and lead up is so awesome. It’s also a very nostalgic film for me so that helps.

ooo and Woody’s speech to Buzz when he’d trapped under the crate.

My sister already cried while I was showing her the movie Up once.

Um… all of them! Well sort of… here’s the thing: I’m not a huge crier; the worst I’ve ever cried at a movie was when I saw the 2006 version of Charlotte’s Web. And I still cry over it no matter how many times I watch it! And I’d read the book before I saw it in the first place! Anyway, I think when I saw the first nine in the years between 2002-2009, I didn’t really get overly emotional in that area at all, but ever since I saw A Bug’s Life in late '09 and realized how much I love Pixar, I’ve found myself looking deeper into the films, and then I began to start tearing up a lot during the movies. I don’t exactly start sobbing or anything, but sometimes I’ll just have to pause the movie, stare at the frame, blubber on about how much I love the amazingness of the scene (even if I’m the only person watching it), sigh, hold back tears, and make a sound somewhere between a squeal, a sigh, and a squeak, and then say “Oh, how I love Pixar…”. Then I resume my movie. Yeah… Pixar has that effect on me. I somehow managed to hold it together when I saw TS3 and Cars 2, and we’ll have to see if I can hold back the “waterslide” when I see Brave.

^I always love your posts OWP! Do tell us if you cry during Brave! I wonder if I will,I only cried during TS3.

Interestingly, I didn’t actually cry at Brave, and I was aware of that near the end where I actually should’ve shed some tears! I’ll probably get hysterical over it the next time I see it; that’s how it is with me and Pixar films for some reason. Because Brave really is something worth getting emotional over, as are the rest of Pixar’s films :slight_smile:

I teared up three times during Brave. :laughing:

I didn’t cry during Brave! But I still get all feely during TS3 and Up.

yeah I still cry at the end of TS3. Especially if I havent seen it for awhile.

I will put Cry-O-Meters on every Pixar movie and rate them by that :laughing:

Toy Story: 30% (mainly from nostalgia)
A Bug’s Life: 20%
Toy Story 2: 80%
Monsters, Inc.: 70%
Finding Nemo: 70%
The Incredibles: 20%
Cars: 10%
Ratatouille: 60%
WALL-E: 85%
Up: 90%
Toy Story 3: 100%
Cars 2: 15%
Brave: 50%

^Great idea, Leirin! Here’s mine:
Toy Story - 82% (Due to nostalgia, the Pixar Effect, and the great music…)
A Bug’s Life - 57% (Um… it’s just so beautiful… and the Pixar Effect…)
Toy Story 2 - 85% (You all know why, I’m sure, that, and the Pixar Effect)
Monsters Inc - 79% (I pretty much always lose it at the end)
Finding Nemo - 80.5% (Same reasons as before pretty much)
The Incredibles - 75% (“I can’t lose you again! I’m… not… strong enough” that alone is enough to make me shed some serious tears, plus the above reasons)
Cars - 89% (See previous reasons… “I didn’t get to say goodbye to him…” :cry:)
Ratatouille - 78% (I see myself in Remy a lot; plus, the above reasons for all films)
WALL-E - 86.5% (Romance tends to do that to me, plus above reasons)
Up - 93% (I seriously choke up at that film when I least expect it; plus above reasons)
Toy Story 3 - 97% (I would say 100% too, but I don’t want to leave the others out; also all of the above)
Cars 2 - 89% (As weird as it sounds, I also see myself a bit in Mater; Plus above reasons)
Brave - 88% (All of the above, plus, I have a really awesome relationship with my mom and the mother-daughter thing is pretty special to me)
And yes, I don’t often literally shed tears, but I definitely always get choked up! And “The Pixar Effect” is well… the accumulation of everything I love that Pixar does which is well, everything, and well… there are other posts I’ve made that explain it better :slight_smile:

Lovely post! Oh yes, I was trying to disregard “the Pixar effect” when ranking mine; taking that into account, they’d all be at roughly 100% if I had :laughing:

Ha! I like the way you did that, Leirin. Maybe I’ll try it soon.

I always cry at Up ( Married life & when Carl sees Ellie’s adventure book, and sees that she wrote something for him)
And toy story 3 ( when Andy give his toys away)

Yeah, in retrospect I think they all could get an even 100% :slight_smile:

I’m horrible at crying during movies. I often can feel very emotional but the tears have a hard time actually coming, so I feel you that can relate! I will say, though, at the Toy Story Double Feature, when “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” started playing and Andy played with Woody…boy, was I truly crying tears of happiness! That is the most I cry out of any of the Pixar films . I get overjoyed and sad at the beginning of Up. I haven’t cried yet, but it’s still extremely powerful and I imagine I will cry (hopefully) when I have my own married life. The end of WALLE is also touching and I think I shed at least one tear when WALLE “comes back”. Same goes for Jessie’s song, and Andy giving up his toys makes me feel a bit down until Andy’s toys introduce themselves to Bonnie’s toys. So many other moments, I get sad/happy thinking about them.

You know, I feel better reading some of you guys saying that you don’t cry, but you feel something. I really dislike those reviews where they say “If you didn’t shed a tear, you don’t have a heart” or something along those lines.

I don’t know, I find it really hard to cry at movies for some reason, yet I get very emotional over the slightest things with people in real life. Maybe because I tend to watch films in cinemas with my friends or by myself, which means I’m surrounded by people and I try not to reveal my feelings. Or maybe because I know something horrible/touching is going to happen/is happening on screen and I feel the pressure to cry, but I can’t.

Or maybe it’s just plain dehydration. I dunno.

But I always feel this clenching in my chest, and my jaw will slacken and my eyebrows would furrow, and that’s when I know, to quote Donkey from Shrek, that a scene has “cut me real deep”.

The last time I felt this was the ending of Brave, where Merida tells her mother that she loves her and then the blanket reveals that her mum is no longer a bear and the Queen replies in turn. Man, that socked me in the lungs.

No, wait, actually, I think it was Dory’s “I don’t want to forget” scene when I watched Finding Nemo in 3-D. That always gets me for some reason. Interestingly, I read that Ellen DeGeneres truly felt upset when she voiced Dory in that scene, because she thought she messed up the first take.

Nemo made me cry for real - during that scene where Nigel tells the Tank Gang of how far Marlin is willing to go to find his song - when I first saw it in '05 (it also sowed the seeds of my love for Pixar). Cars, the first Pixar film I fell in love with, made me tear up when Lightning pushed The King across the finish line (it’s incredibly cheesy, but man that was truly selfless of McQueen and when the audience knew that he had changed for good).

Toy Story 3 didn’t make me cry at all, but I did feel a sense of dread during the incinerator scene. Some of my fellow audience members and the friend I watched it with laughed when Andy did that little gasp when gazing at Woody and Co. for the last time, so that killed the moment for me. Plus the fact that they dragged the farewell scene out too long and milked it for all its worth (for me).

I’ll think of a few more scenes, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I literally found myself in tears while seeing Inside Out at the theaters…then the same thing happened when I was watching my combo pack.

Believe it or not, that’s the first time I’ve ever found myself cry so much over a Pixar film…way more tears on me than with previous other Pixar films!

Plus, I am not really sure whether it was that background music, the presence of that Sadness emotion, the disappearing Bing Bong at the memory dump, or when Riley is tearing up after attempting to run away…could be all of the above.

UP, at the beginning. Also, the incinerator scene in Toy Story 3 has made my cry too.