Which Pixar film always makes you cry?

well, the first couple times i saw it the time when dory was like “when i look at you, i can feel it. when i look at you, im home” made me cry because hes probably the only one that has ever befriended her, and now shes loosing him. then later, after i saw one million times (and i honastly dont think im streching it) i didnt really cry anymore, but then after i took a break from it and didnt watch it for a long time, i cried at the theme song. i especially get choked up at the part after they save the school of fish and nemo is talking to his dad as hes lying on the ground. its just so happy.

Finding Nemo - The part where Nemo’s lying on the ground (after the fishing ground incident) and Marlin’s looking over him going “Daddy’s here, Daddy’s got you,” while having flashbacks to when Nemo was a baby. I didn’t cry, but my eyes got pretty misty and my throat locked up on me. Reminds me of MY dad, and everytime I watch that movie I like to spend a little more time with him. I can barely watch that movie without him, because I just like to know he’s right there beside me. :cry: :slight_smile: (Happy tears - they’re a wonderful thing)

Toy Story 2, to me, is the one that is so heartfelt that it brings tears to my eyes. But also, because what the toys discuss about being ‘outgrown’ is also something that can apply to parents, and their thoughts that their children will one day leave home.

“Jessie’s Song”

I was 19 when I saw the film, and this was the first time I had ever shed tears in a film. And even almost 8 years after seeing that on film, it still causes me to tear up.

“Daddy’s Got You”

That part at the beginning kind of gets to me as well. My Mom died when I was 15, and I had sisters, aged 11 and 7 at the time. Marlin’s promise to look out for his son, kind of reminded me of my Dad. Ever since our Mom passed away, he had raised us almost all by himself. Though he didn’t overdo the parenting like Marlin did, he did provide some boundaries, and encouraged our dreams and hopes.

“Kitty has to go”

This was one that was just so sad. It’s made a bit sadder because of Boo just happily showing Sully all her toys, and he’s trying not to make this too sad. But also the end when Mike reveals the door, and Randy Newman’s piano theme comes into play. That scene of the light turning on over the door, and Mike kind of giving this look like, ‘go ahead, Sully,’ that made me think that this movie did not need a sequel.

“Our Town”

Not as big a tearjerker, but it reminds me of where I grew up in Iowa. The town I grew up in was once one of the major cities in the state. As the years went from the 50’s into the 80’s and 90’s, the city began to run down, industry left, and those grand places and images of yesteryear faded from memory.

Whenever I feel like I need a good cry, I watch the part in Ratatouille when everyone walks out on Linguini. Or even just listening to the music from the scene is enough to make me tear up.

I was particularly impressed with that scene when I saw it for the first time, because traditional movie formula would have the chefs support Linquini at that difficult moment, but because it was written the way it was it allowed for a much stronger ending to the film. Because, heck, the way it was placed in the film, if that were to be resolved that easily, that would be one weak ending. So I suppose there weren’t that many ways to go about it, but it still comes off as somewhat formula defying to me.

So, parts that make me cry? A surprising number. Most recently, the ending of Wall-E. More so the second time I saw it did I cry at the end, but Wall-E was probably the Pixar movie that got the most emotions out of me as a whole. There were multiple points in that film that made me tear up, but the ending is the first one that comes to mind. I might have teared up in the opening credits even, because those were very chilling and powerful. But yeah, that film is chock full of moments like that. I’m sure it’s probably similar with when other people get emotional in that film, so I won’t worry myself with thinking of the specific parts of the movie. You know what I mean. Plus, kinda tired here. =P

Yeah, one of the reasons why that part of the movie in Ratatouille is so moving is simply because Linguini is so alone at that point. I think we’ve all felt that way, at some time in our lives… And for the most part, up until that part in the movie, it’s been about moving up and getting somewhere in life- improving on your position. So when it throws a curveball at you, and makes it seem like all hope is lost, you really feel for Linguini there. Colette coming to the realisation of what it means to truly be passionate about something, that you should look past the whole idea of what a traditional chef is, and to instead look inside that person, well, that really hits it home. And to say that the music supports that point would be an understatement.

I haven’t seen WALL•E yet, but from how you are describing it, at first I’ll be in absolute awe, then during the successive viewings, I’ll probably cry my eyes out.

And let me just say this: Real men cry at Pixar films!

I cried at WALL-E today. I’m still wiping away the tears now. I think I cried more at WALL-E than at any other Pixar film, even Monsters, Inc., which is saying something. The whole thing was so shocking and incredible right from the beginning that the emotional connection was there right away. Then, with the progression of WALL-E and EVE’s relationship…

Even some of my friends cried, and that’s saying something! :laughing:

It sounds like I’ll have to take some tissues to see WALL•E. Heheh. Thanks for that story, lizardgirl. It was really sweet.

When my sister saw the WALL•E trailer when we saw Kung Fu Panda, she cried. Then she’s like “I’m silly for crying,” and I’m like “It’s alright… lots of people have been crying at the movie when it was released overseas.” =)

I’m surprised I haven’t yet responded to this thread, because I think what attracts me to Pixar films are their ability to make me feel SO MUCH emotion toward the characters. You know, a teacher of mine once told my class that a man isn’t a man until he cries for the right reason. And by “right reason” my teacher meant by empathy for another human being. It’s one thing to cry because you scraped your knee or that you were given a time-out; it’s a completely different level of emotion to cry for the well-being another human being.

I first cried in a Pixar film at the finale of Monsters, Inc. I remember watching the movie to a packed audience of fans, I turned my head and saw my mother shed a tear, too. I was 12 at the time.

Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, and WALL-E have all done the same thing. At Finding Nemo, it was when Nemo says “I love you” to Marlin. You can really tell Nemo appreciates his dad’s hard work. At The Incredibles, it was when Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl admit to each other that they cannot save the city without doing it together…and during the credits when I finally realized that that film is the best film ever. At Cars, it was definitely during the “Our Town” sequence. I got really choked up then. For Ratatouille, its when Colette admits to Linguini how much she thought she respected Linguini until she realizes he was taking all of the credit (Possibly the greatest-written and perfectly dramatic Pixar scene ever). For WALL-E, the whole film made me cry, but especially the final kiss.

By the end of a Pixar film, I always feel like I’ve lost a good friend, but I always know that I can count on watching it again.

I think all the Pixar films make me feel strong surges of emotion, but only two managed to get tears out of me.

Wall-E and Monsters Inc.

Monsters Inc-When Sully leaves Boo
Wall-E-Final scene

Rachel- Yep, tissues are a must when you go to see it! :laughing:

Heheh, if I know one thing that will always get the tears out of me, it’s Pixar films. In reality, I don’t sob my eyes out during ALL of them, and when I say “I cried during this movie”, I usually mean “I got choked up”…but all Pixar movies have made me feel something powerful.

These are the scenes that ALWAYS get to me, though.

Toy Story 2- “When She Loved Me.” I remember watching this film for the first time in years, and actually breaking down during that scene. It’s one of the few times I’ve actually come close to sobbing during a film, I think. It’s just a scene that really speaks to me, because I have fond memories of playing with my toys as a kid. I was a very shy child, and very imaginative, and playing with toys was kind of when I first started realizing I wanted to tell stories one day. Not to mention, I just love toys in general, haha. But, this scene always makes me think of the toys I left behind, and growing up in general, really…to this day, I still get MAJORLY choked up. ^^;

Monsters Inc.- Honestly, I’ve never seen this movie the whole way through. (I have terrible timing) And I actually haven’t seen it in a few years. But, I remember the ending getting me REALLY teary-eyed.

Finding Nemo- Gosh, there are MANY scenes were this film gets me teared up, so I’ll name a few.

-The beggining, of course. I remember seeing this in theatres when I was younger, and really being surprised that they killed off a parent so early on in the film. It’s really sad, though. Then of course, it fades to the title, and the MUSIC there…gosh…it just makes the hair stand up on my arms. Beautiful stuff.

-Where Marlin leaves Dory. It’s just a really gloomy, powerful scene, and the writing there was great. The acting too, was amazing. Sometimes, more “comedic” actors still sound funny when they’re trying to make a character sound upset, but Ellen did a fantastic job making it seem believable.

• “Daddy’s here, Daddy’s got you.” Holy cow…That’s probably where the waterworks start coming for me.

-The ending. It was just so heartwarming, and again, the music there was just breath-taking. I can never see the screen clearly when it’s over, because my eyes are so full of tears. ^^;

Cars- “Our Town” is pretty sad. I ALWAYS get choked up over the ending, though, when Lightning pushes the other car that crashed (Was it The Queen?) over the finish line. It never fails. xD

Ratattoullie- You know what? The WHOLE film had me teary-eyed. xD And it wasn’t even because something emotional was happening, it’s because the whole film was SO inspiring for me. Not to mention relatable. Remy was so much like me, it was making me laugh. xD Right down to the fast way he talked, and the exatrerated hand movements when he talked about his passion. That’s me to a T.

-The ending. It was just so…uplifting and inspiring. That’s why I felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks when my mom said “It was okay. It dragged on for too long.” I remember being kind of hurt by that, actually, because the film spoke to me in a way no film had even spoken to me before. I’m over it now though, it’s her loss if she can’t appreciate such a beautiful film. xP

WALL*E- I’ll just put a bunch of spoiler tags here, since some people haven’t seen the movie, yet. All I have to say is, yeah, bring the tissues, or at least be prepared to tear up at least once. xP

[spoil]- The scene where WALL-E first goes into space. When I heard Pixar was doing a sci-fi like film, I was PYSCHED, because I love space. I think it’s one of the most beautiful things to ever exist, and I knew they’d do something amazing with it. Honestly, this scene was more beautiful then I could have ever imagined. It made me think “God, I HAVE to do this one day…” Also, the way WALL-E climbs to the window, and says “Ee-vah!” and points out at the starts (Like “Look at all the stars!!”) is really sweet, too. His awe and wonderment is just so well done. [/spoil]

[spoil] -“Define Dancing.” Again, it was just so beautiful and cute, it gave me goosebumps. The music for this, and the scene I listed above, also gets to me. [/spoil]

-The ending, of course. I thought EVE would repair him, he would wake up, and all would be fine and dandy again…then the blank stare. My first thought, honest to God, was “Oh snap.” xD It’s kind of funny now, but I was pretty upset at the time. I knew in the back of my mind he’d be okay, but it still upset me. That blank, glassy stare WALL-E had…it made you realize how expressive he had been up untill that point. I like, tensed up. Then of course, EVE grabs his hand and starts humming…oh gosh, the HUMMING…that’s when I started thinking “I’m gonna cry, I’m gonna cry, please end this before I cry…” Right at that moment, they did, and I breathed a sigh of relief. xD

Like I said, not all Pixar films make me cry, but they all touch me in one way or another. That’s one of my favorite things about them, actually. They touch into your most raw emotions, and bring them out. I wish I knew how they did it.

I don’t really cry in movies, they just make me a wee bit teary and emotional, and the Pixar films that do that would be all of them except for Ratatouille and The Incredibles. Must be a Brad Bird thing. And now I fell a wee bit teary and emotional because this is my 100th post. :sunglasses:

Toy Story 2 - During the musical sequence of Jessie the cowgirl’s recollection of her previous owner who gave her away. I am unsure of the reason for my tears, but somehow, I always seemed to relate with her loneliness in life and the tragic state of abandonment. Besides, the song had such a sorrowful tune that even Syndrome would shed a tear. :wink:

Finding Nemo: “When I’m with you, I remember,” Dory remarked before a defeated Marlin. “Please, I don’t want them to go away, I don’t want to forget.”

“i’m sorry, Dory, but I do…”

Despite having to know that Nemo did indeed survive the incident, having to understand Marlin’s feelings at that moment was equally tragic. Even though I only teared the first time I watched that scene, it’s still awfully painful to bear through the thirty seconds as the broken clown-fish tearfully swam away…

Cars: Long ago, but not so very long ago, the musical sequence of another film made me shed another tear. That’s right, it was during the recollection of Sally; when the song “Our Town” was played.

The powerful thing about this scene is not merely the warmness it brings to me, but the tragic fact that with revolution and technology, memorable places and thing soon gradually seeps away from our world.

It was indeed a beautiful scene, and I absolutely love the old Radiator Springs.

Okay, Okay, I’ll be honest ONE tear came out when I saw in the credits of cats that the movie was dedicated to Joe Ranft and they played our town. That was really emotional because Joe Ranft is a legend.

WALL•E waterworks:

[spoil]- I can’t remember if my eyes were tearing up, or I was just plain gobsmacked at this part, but just the whole depth of story with the introductory part (when it shows the buildings WALL•E has made, the BNL advertisments of yesteryear…) was amazingly touching. I listened to the music from that scene and a few tears fell. :frowning:[/spoil]

[spoil]- When WALL•E rocks himself to sleep at the beginning of the movie.[/spoil]

[spoil]- When EVE thinks that WALL•E was blown up by the Axiom pod in space and she’s like “No… no!” but then he’s ok and she’s so happy at finding this out. And then WALL•E shows her the plant he saved and she gives him a hug and he snuggles up to her, then gets zapped - you don’t know whether to laugh at WALL•E or cry at how sweet it is. [/spoil]

[spoil]- The ending. For some reason I didn’t cry when WALL•E was crushed, but when he was back on Earth and after EVE had fixed him, was holding his hand, thinking that this was it… he wouldn’t remember her, ever. I just really felt for EVE… and then when he got zapped and did get his memory back and held onto her hand, and was surprised to see she was finally, willingly, holding his hand back and his reaction to it, it’s just a mixture of happiness and emotion and everything that you feel. sigh[/spoil]

[spoil]- And the sweet music that fades into the credits… tear[/spoil]

• But it’s not even just one particular scene of WALL•E that makes me cry… it’s a mixture of things. Even just thinking about how great and clever this movie is, about WALL•E and his naive ways, and the music and WALL•E and EVE’s love for each other, and I feel really proud of Pixar, all that is enough to get me all emotional.

Oh yeah, this didn’t have me in tears, but I was just like, “Awww!” I just want to hug WALL•E and not let go…

Ah, yes. “Computer, define ‘dancing.’” Such a beautiful scene…

:open_mouth: …i guess i’ve never cried at any of the pixar movie’s?? :confused:

Umm…maybe at the Finding Nemo one?? I might have cried then…

I didn’t cry at the walle one becuase i spoiled myself by watching all the videos they gave out and all the information and storyline. I already knew what was supposed to happen.

No offense to all WALL-E fans, but like I once stated, I don’t need to spoil myself with the spoilers to know what’s goner happen in the ending; it’s going to be a happy one like all Pixar features. :stuck_out_tongue:

Up might be a little different so… expect tears from that one instead. :wink:

I didn’t cry, but these really got me

Monsters, Inc. : the ending
Finding Nemo : the whole movie
WALL-E : [spoil]the part where his memory is gone[/spoil]

[spoil]If WALL-E ends with him lost his memories, I think I might have died at the theatre :open_mouth: [/spoil]

It’s hard not to cry during Finding Nemo. I think that’s the only one i’ve cried at. [spoil]The Joe Ranft tribute at the end of Cars[/spoil] almost did though.