Who do you admire? (The Tribute Thread)

My heroes are, in no particular order:

Grant Kirkhope, David Wise, and Robin Beanland. Better known as the dudes behind the soundtrack from Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country and Conker’s Bad Fur Day, respectively. The music they make inspires me so much. They even collaborate with fans for DKC remix projects, so they’re incredibly nice guys, too!

Vangelis. Again music, but the music he makes is just breathtakingly awesome. Even more when you realize it’s all synthesized!

Jeff Smith. He made the Bone comics, and I really admire his splendid use of emotions, storytelling and line art.

Random; The voice actors from the Donkey Kong Country TV show. Without those voices, the show would be boring as heck. Incredible acting, for some reason, that really gives substance to an otherwise strange series. I applaud them!

And anyone who manages to to make (traditionally) animated films. I can’t fathom the thought of having to draw a character over and over!

I have two people I really look up to. Jesus, my lord and savior, and my voice teacher.

Jesus: Following his path to become a christian, I’ve become a better person. Many people say I’m kind, friendly, nice, considerate, and more. I get that a lot. But I think that if Jesuse didn’t enter my life, I would be a different person.

My voice teacher: Granted, he’s helped me become a stronger singer and actor, not only teaching me technique and more, but he’s made me a stronger person in dealing with performing and life. He’s taught me the values of working hard, commitment, and giving 100% no matter what role I’m given. He’s also helped me try to accomplish my dream and career goals as well. I can say so much about him.

I agree with Kenzie, Walk the Line is a very good movie. And since this is Pixar Planet, I hope we all love him! He’s so amazingful!

John lassiter is a great dude to admire, in part because he ignited the spark for everything Pixar.

I laughed when I read this, because when I first read it it sounded like Jesus was your voice teacher!

But seriously, those are two great people you have there. I’m glad you have both in your life!

^OMG, I thought the same thing when I read that!! 8D But that’s very good to hear. :smiley:

I always like videos and docummentaries with him in them, because he always seems so happy and bubbly!

I love John Lasseter <3 His passion alone is just unbelievable. If everyone loved what they were doing like he did, the world would be a better place.

I agree. I wish I was as happy as he seems. 8D

Me too. But he’s so blessed to get to where he’s at right now.

He might be my living mortal hero. And Tom Hanks! I can’t believe I left him off! :frowning:

After a long month of him on vacation, I get to see my voice teacher again. Before I go to my University, I want to tell him how much he made an impact on my life.

That’s so sweet. I’m sure they’ll be really glad to here it!

I admire Trent Reznor (although i probably would only do a tribute for him if he was dead, since that’s what tributes are for) since he is more for the people and less about himself when he makes his music and distributes them. (also, you can tell by the signature that has been my current signature for at least 3 months now)

I hope he will be. I’ve known him for the longest time. And he’s my favorite teacher.

I know who I admire; Glen Keane! I mean, I found a blog about his art on Tumblr and once I realized what he had done for Disney I became a fan of him. It’s just… he makes a bunch of drawings so quickly and then suddenly it’s animated with SO MUCH PERSONALITY. I can only wish to be as great as him someday.

Oh good answer! I’m sure that if you continue to work hard, keep drawing, it’ll happen.

Ooh interesting choice, Badger! Glen Keane is a beast. 8D (does anybody get that? anyone?) and one of my favorite Disney artists as well.

Carl Sagan. So I’ll be annoying people (probably) on the quotes thread for a little while. :laughing:

He was a great man though and very influential in terms of popularising science and for good reason. Certainly had a way with words.

He died pretty young though (62).

-Sighs-

I really admire my ED class professor. Not only is is a great instructor, but tells the class about education issues and allows us to really be active in the classroom.