Who has the coolest username?

^That’s very cool! I hadn’t thought of the human-nonhuman rating thing. Interesting… Anyway, yeah, I think proclaiming oneself as a Pixar fan in one’s username is great! I mean… gestures to my username :smiley:

Yeh, but…did you ever notice?

Rated PG

(1) The Incredibles (2004)
–Superheroes

(2) Up (2009)
–Old man

(3) Brave (2012)
–Princess

Rated G

(1) Toy Story (1995)
–Toy gang

(2) A Bug’s Life (1998)
–Ant

(3) Toy Story 2 (1999)
–Toy gang (again!)

(4) Monsters Inc. (2001)
–Monsters

(5) Finding Nemo (2003)
–Clownfish

(6) Cars (2006)
–Race car + tow truck

(7) Ratatouille (2007)
–Rats

(8) WALL-E (2008)
–Robots

(9) Toy Story 3 (2010)
–Toy gang (again!)

(10) Cars 2 (2011)
–Race car + tow truck (again!) w/spy cars

(11) Monsters University (2013)
–Monsters (again!)

Exactly what I noticed. Kinda strange, huh?

^Yeah, I did notice that. I guess it’s because the human-centered films are more intense than the nonhuman-centered films. But they’re great movies either way.

I don’t think it’s much about the intensity as the fact that there are humans in peril, which usually scares children more than other types of characters being in danger. It’s just a psychological reason.

So that explains the main subject + rating trend I just happened to notice! (mainly for Pixar itself–other studios don’t have that trend)

I do.

^Well, when your username is the same name of one of the awesome-est characters in all animation, then yeah, of course it is :smiley:

Mine sound interesting.

Yeah, no coincidence. A Bug’s Life is probably the darkest Pixar film. But it’s rated G. If they were humans, and you had a dictator beating up a human Flik, that’d certainly not be rated G.

Kenzie: I still say yours is the coolest. I still say mine is, too.

The other usernames I like around here are bright-dot-dasher, Mitch, thedriveintheater, TheStarSwordsman, directive, IncredigirlVirginia, Violet Parr, Tonyloaf, definedancing, ObsessedWithPixar, JustSoWall-eCrazy, Spirit of Adventure, little_chef_eva09, HogHug, wallerat, ColetteLinguini, and Amy43.

Oh me gosh…

^People just have awesome usernames here, don’t they? And thanks again :slight_smile:

Really? Why? I put next to no thought into it. Haha.

Kenzie: I don’t know why, but let’s just say I like your username because…it says “eve” on it? (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

Anyways, reviving this thread (to get it out of the spam).

Glad to know my username is still a favorite.

8D

Really? You’re not just referring to me choosing yours, are 'ya?

Username twins!

^Uh, what is that supposed to mean?

I’m a place. ;-p

^ I always thought you were a name of a character from Brave :blush:

I am :laughing:

I’m named after the Pixar character, it’s just that Dingwall is also a town in the Scottish Highlands.

Interestingly enough, the name comes from Norse. Þingvöllr means the meeting place of the Norse parliament, or ‘thing’ (imaginatively named, right?), so the reason why Brave has a ‘Dingwall’ clan…yeah, me neither.

Dunbroch means ‘fort of the broch’. But then a broch is, by definition, a fort. So Dunbroch means ‘fort of the fort’.

MacGuffin means ‘plot device’ - you probably know that already.

MacIntosh is a tribute to Steve Jobs - though there is actually a clan called McIntosh with the same tartan.