Who is your favorite animated character?

There would definitely be no reason to shoot someone for liking Helen on-par with the Disney girls! 8D I think she is an extremely good character. It’s easy for mother figures in animation to either become 1) too idealized or 2) too unlikable. We all see a bit of our own moms, at least a little, in her. She goes through very human moments of stress and worry, for the kids and for her husband. And justifiably angry at him when she thinks you-know-what is going on with Mirage. :laughing: Plus, she’s a little saucy :smiley: What’s not to like?

Yeah, I like that about her too. She isn’t stereotyped like many moms in films. I love her super power too, that would be awesome! 8D

Exactly. I just think she’s the most perfect animated mother—ever.

EJE: I love Jessie, but when I said “role model”, I meant Helen. 8D I like Jessie just as well, but I’m already a lot like Jessie.

Jessie is one of my favorite Toy Story characcters, but i agree. helen seems like the perfect mother character.

I like the two about the same. They’re both my favorite female Pixar character. I just idolize Helen for some odd reason. The weird part is, I don’t want kids. I don’t even want to be married. The irony is suffocating…

Well, you remember how Helen didn’t want to settle down durring the glory days, but made a dramatic change after marriage.

Yeah, but for her, it was more for Feminist reasons. I am in no way a Feminist, it’s just I really love being alone. No matter how weird that is. And in marriage, people have many expectations for you. I’m just not good enough for those expectations.

Ah, that totally makes sense! :wink:

That’s interesting. The reason why I admire Bolt, for example, is because we have practically nothing in common. ^^

Haha, yeah it could run that way too. But do you admire him? Sometimes we also like the characters that we look up to or wish to be like.

I guess I do admire him.

I admire his loyalty and unselfishness, and his earnest, focused nature. And he, in difference to me, is a very few-worded character. And that trait is also very easy to admire. I also admire his personality, and how he managed to change so much in the movie. His ability to trust Mittens, Penny and the other characters, despite knowing that he has been tricked and that everything he thought he knew about the world was false, is also very admirable. And I’m a dog person. :slight_smile:

Would you like to give some examples?

That helps! I have to admit, I really like Bolt too. I mean come on, how could you not?! He’s adorable! LOL…now I wanna watch the movie!

I tend to like characters I have a lot in common with too. In fact, I tend to dislike or hate the ones that I can’t relate to.

WHile on the subject of Dogs, I think my favorite dog characters include Dug, Balto, and Lady.

I like Dug, Goody, Pluto, and…Buster! And Scud.

Bolt, Dug, Pluto and Lady are ones I really like too. All the dogs from 101 Dalmations (sp?) too. :mrgreen:

Ren and Stimpy are the two best cartoon characters ever.

Walle an eve for me…

I have a lot of these.

Pixar
Woody
Elastigirl
Mr. Incredible

Disney-there are a ton of these for me, and they are not ordered.
Goliath
Elisa
Demona
Angela
Kim Possible
Hercules
Meg
Belle
The Beast(Adam)
Flynn
Rapunzel
Jasmine