Why did Gesteau say this...

Maybe he was just remembering his life before he answered the question.

i like that answer the best. I think he just got a little sentimental and looked around at his office. I think he also stated that it used to be his office, so he would have no idea why Linguini would be filed w/ his will.

I agree with you saying that he’s just a figment of imagination so he just said something that remy knows already ! It’s kinda like in video games when you have a mission you already talked to the guy and when you go talk to him to see if he has another information he just says a thing you already know…

Actually, I’ve been reading the script to fill the void of not having the movie (I’ve been wanting to watch it for SO LONG). And it says, on page 85:

"REMY: …your will–!

GUSTEAU PHOTO: This used to be my office."

And when Remy asks why Linguini was filed with Gusteau’s will, Remy reads the letter from Renata, and says “HE’S YOUR SON???” to which Gusteau replies “I… have a… SON?”

I’m new here, so…

Okay, I am watching the movie, and the script was obviously wrong, unlike I remember…so, my bad…so what you guys said was right. Anyway, sorry for mixing your heads up, and mine, as well. Anyway, I guess what one of you said was right - that Gusteau kept all employees filed in his office…okay, I’m gonna go…finish the movie… :blush: